[Serie A, 14th round] Genoa 3-1 JUVENTUS [27th November, 2016] (3 Viewers)

CarloP

Jan 24, 2010
Allegri should take a lot of the blame with his starting 11, it looked as though he put zero thought into it. as a consequence, Genoa exploited the fuck out of our right side in the first half. Lichtsteiner had an absolutely abysmal game, but we already knew he's lost it. he should only get garbage time minutes in blowouts from now until the end of the season. Dani Alves is even less of a center back than Evra. He has never been a defensively-oriented fullback anyway, absolutely baffling to put Lichtsteiner ahead of him as a right winger. Bar none, this game had the worst defending by a Juve squad since the Del Neri/Zaccheroni days.

On to the midfield... Pjanic-Hernanes-Khedira - this just makes me sad.

I mean we know by now our midfield isn't what it once was, but these guys have so much trouble making simple plays. Inadequate, lethargic, sub-par, out of sync, pick your adjective. This was the classic Pjanic game: looks lost the entire game in open play, then he hits one free kick and he gets a 7.7 on whoscored. Khedira spent the afternoon losing out on challenges, misreading when to run forward, jogging/walking back into position, and missing the target from literally two yards out. Hernanes actually might have been our best player, which isn't saying much. he was able to actually retain possession and string passes, things a Juve midfielder should be able to do in their sleep.

Mandzukic didn't really get much service, and he should have won a penalty, but I thought he was poor. He drifts to the wing way too much, and he missed on a number of chances. Also, if you say Higuain is healthy for this game you need to fucking start him. You put your best 11 players on the pitch and if they aren't fit enough to play 90 you can take them off later on.

Sturaro needs to be sold ASAP. I have no idea what Allegri sees in him. Bringing him on instead of Kean when we are down by 3 goals... come on Max.

What is crazy though is that, with all of the above being said, if we would have been correctly awarded that penalty and our finishing was a bit better, we could have drawn this game.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Allegri should take a lot of the blame with his starting 11, it looked as though he put zero thought into it. as a consequence, Genoa exploited the $#@! out of our right side in the first half. Lichtsteiner had an absolutely abysmal game, but we already knew he's lost it. he should only get garbage time minutes in blowouts from now until the end of the season. Dani Alves is even less of a center back than Evra. He has never been a defensively-oriented fullback anyway, absolutely baffling to put Lichtsteiner ahead of him as a right winger. Bar none, this game had the worst defending by a Juve squad since the Del Neri/Zaccheroni days.

On to the midfield... Pjanic-Hernanes-Khedira - this just makes me sad.

I mean we know by now our midfield isn't what it once was, but these guys have so much trouble making simple plays. Inadequate, lethargic, sub-par, out of sync, pick your adjective. This was the classic Pjanic game: looks lost the entire game in open play, then he hits one free kick and he gets a 7.7 on whoscored. Khedira spent the afternoon losing out on challenges, misreading when to run forward, jogging/walking back into position, and missing the target from literally two yards out. Hernanes actually might have been our best player, which isn't saying much. he was able to actually retain possession and string passes, things a Juve midfielder should be able to do in their sleep.

Mandzukic didn't really get much service, and he should have won a penalty, but I thought he was poor. He drifts to the wing way too much, and he missed on a number of chances. Also, if you say Higuain is healthy for this game you need to $#@!ing start him. You put your best 11 players on the pitch and if they aren't fit enough to play 90 you can take them off later on.

Sturaro needs to be sold ASAP. I have no idea what Allegri sees in him. Bringing him on instead of Kean when we are down by 3 goals... come on Max.

What is crazy though is that, with all of the above being said, if we would have been correctly awarded that penalty and our finishing was a bit better, we could have drawn this game.
That was a typical Benitez sub.

michel

Mar 25, 2010
Today's first half was just awful. But I believe that we would have won this match if BBC were available, our defense is just horrible this year, thanks to the injuries. Also Rugani must start, when someone from BBC is injured.

I think we should try Alves as CM (and put Khedira on the bench), I believe that we would gain exactly what we are lacking right now: tackling, speed, quick passes and grinta. I hope that his injury is not serious. Lemina would also do the job, but apparently his attitude is just not there. Also Sturaro, Asamoah and Hernanes shouldn't be allowed to play aginst any other team that isn't in the bottom 5, and even that is pushing it.

I am also wondering why aren't we playing high pressing game like we did in the pre-season and in the first few matches of the season. We looked far better.

I am willing to bet if Marchisio, Bonucci, Rugani, Chiellini, Dybala and Higuain start against Atalanta, we are going to win with a 2 goal difference at the very least.

Even though we were beyond pathetic, we had a chance to win this match. I know it sound funny, but we had four 100% chances, that we didn't put to bed. Khedira's shot after Rugani's pass, Mandžukić's open header, penalty on Mandžukić (unfortunately not given), Sturaro's chance. So yeah with BBC or even with Rugani in the first eleven, we would at least draw if not win this match, keep in mind that we played without 6 players from our standard starting eleven (including Bonucci, since he was subbed of in 30th minute).

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
I just knew we were going to drop points once I seen us wear that dreadful 3rd kit. :lol: We just don't look intimidating at all when we wear it

Have to say I never miss a game but I don't really look forward to seeing us play in Serie A these days like I used to unless its against Napoli, Roma or the Milan trannies so I just laughed at how poor we were after the first goal but when they scored a second I thought hold on a minute we got a game on now.

My interest perked up and and I knew if we got a goal before halftime then we were back in it but after that 3rd goal went in I knew there was no way back.

Worst Juve performance I've seen in a quite few years from a team that lacks a clear identity but most worryingly we couldn't match them physically. A trait that all the great Juve teams of the past have been built on.

Thats all on Marotta I'm afraid though Allegri also shares part of the blame for his woeful team selection and subs.

Aug 2, 2005
too soon for that..
Yup.. too soon..
Not saying that we will finish 7th or something.. but mostly like THIS we will have a disastrous season (2nd to Roma) and a humiliating CL exit.
Although Roma known to fumble when it matters.. but their team this season is not bad and with luck on their side.. they can compete till the last day and even win the scudetto.

November finished and the team still without identity or style of play...

Most probably it's still too soon.. but in this direction.. we risk a 99' again

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
We can smile at our position in the league but losing 3 games this early already, might haunt us because were going to lose a hell of a lot more as the season progresses. There's no magic signing in January so I don't expect things to change. Yes we 'usually' get better as season progresses but I concur with quite a few here in that a defeat was around the corner, so not that shocking and a lot of the other clubs can take huge inspiration from genoa, inter and milan. I thought we were out there to address our injury crisis of last season, clearly we aint. This is more worrying than anything.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
As a collective, our attackers have been poor and our midfielders have been shit... but our defense was always world class and that made us win despite not being able to make any offensive passing combos. Today our defenders were a crap collective as well and so we leaked a lot of goals and our offense had saw a mountain to climb to even claim a draw.

To me, this is definitely more on Allegri than on Marotta. He always strikes me as a coach who gives the players too much freedom to find their own style as opposed to drill particular movements and passing combos in them (Pep is the extreme case of that ofc). Conte drilled the team on situations on the field and how each is supposed to move.

A midfield of marchisio, Khedira, Pjanic should be doing much better than it is doing right now. Drill those basics in them and then free them up a little once these movements become their second nature.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Well he have experience how to lose the title with the best team and how to be sacked.That's why he is in good mood.He will lost himself completely if we continue playing in this manner.
Well to be fair he was going up against Conte's Juve on beast mode momentum, not Spaletti's Roma

May 26, 2016
How many injuries have we had this season?

Most of our players have been out on injuries:

Barzagli, Bonucci (now), Benatia (several times), Alves (now), Lichsteiner, Rugani, Chiellini, Asamoah (couple of times), Pjanic, Khedira (couple of times), Lemina, Dybala, Pjaca, Higuain, Mandzukic (couple of times). I know I am missing a few more too.

Its nuts. Can't remember the last time we had so many injuries.
How is that even possible? Completely crazy to read that list and think that they are actually footballers, not Mma Fighters. This medical team needs to have a look in the mirror.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)