[Seria A] Juventus - Lecce (48 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++
Zlatan doesn't get short on opportunities but he falls short on making them count
and how many chances did he get against Liverpool? A grand total of 2 over 2 legs?

OP
Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #66
    I find the Capello bashers impossible to understand. I watched the Liverpool match on SkySports, and there was something the commentator said about Capello:
    The man has won the Championship with every single team he has coached.
    So what the fu(k is the matter with you people? Our squad lacks the depth that Milan has, and it only goes to show his competence that he got us this far. According to the UEFA website, for a big club (I want to believe that we all still agree that Juve's a big club), the absolute minimum each season is the UCL knock out phase (Madrid, Barca, ManU). We went beyond that! So what are you people complaining about?
    What we need isn't a new coach. It is additional and/or fresh players.

May 4, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by chxta ] ++
    I find the Capello bashers impossible to understand. I watched the Liverpool match on SkySports, and there was something the commentator said about Capello:

So what the fu(k is the matter with you people? Our squad lacks the depth that Milan has, and it only goes to show his competence that he got us this far. According to the UEFA website, for a big club (I want to believe that we all still agree that Juve's a big club), the absolute minimum each season is the UCL knock out phase (Madrid, Barca, ManU). We went beyond that! So what are you people complaining about?

Mar 6, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by chxta ] ++

True, he won the championship with every team he coached... So what?? Does that mean he's gonna win it for us? There's a chance that we might win it, and a chance that we might not.. I mean seriously, on that liverpool night, did that look like a coach who won the championship with every team he led?? I mean come ON!! Appiah for Camoranesi?? What was he trying to do, make the whole stadium laugh??? I'm only criticising that night's performance, and I'm thankful that he's gotten us that far..

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Lippi.am ] ++
    Must win and pray for Siena
    Without Pirlo Milan is still a threat, I can see Milan scoring 5 frankly speaking with the present Siena defence. This game is a must win for us.

Oct 29, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by BAH_Bianconero ] ++

True, he won the championship with every team he coached... So what?? Does that mean he's gonna win it for us? There's a chance that we might win it, and a chance that we might not.. I mean seriously, on that liverpool night, did that look like a coach who won the championship with every team he led?? I mean come ON!! Appiah for Camoranesi?? What was he trying to do, make the whole stadium laugh??? I'm only criticising that night's performance, and I'm thankful that he's gotten us that far..
    agree with u there, appiah for camo was disgusting, but i think he had no other options. i do however feel he has dun a gud job at juve, think about it look at the state we were in last season. hes dun well and if not this season we will win the league/cl next season.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by BAH_Bianconero ] ++

Exactly. I don't think that we should sack him but what's the sense in saying that he has won the Championship with every team he's coached? Does it matter? No. That's irrelevant. It's what he does with Juve that's important.

jussiut

Feb 22, 2005
    I agree with Stuart completely here. Capello has a great history and that should be taken to an account in the sense that he's capable of achieving great things - Juve should definately not fire him. BUT, his success in the past doesn't make him immune to critisism if there's a good reason for it. He did make some mistakes in the Liverpool game in my opinion (eg. long balls, few subs and a slow tempo).

So that this post wouldn't be completely off-topic, Juve is in a tough spot right now with the upcoming matches. Lecce and Inter are not the easiest of opponents to face at this time. The players are fairly tired and our defence hasn't been completely convincing. Lecce and Inter are both effective in the attack so six points from the two matches would be like a jackpot.

I don't think Juve will field three strikers in the Lecce game just because they have no back-up players for the trio. It's probably going to be the traditional Del Piero-Zlatan duo with Neddy behind. Altoguh I agree Neddy not being worthy of a place in the starting line-up but with this depth we have right now, it's almost a necessity.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
    Yeah the draw with liverpool was really painfull, we had no real leaders zambrotta was our only threat really so i though cap would have swithced him to midfield, still even if we should have beaten the pool if we win the league this season we will have made massive progress from last year, milan are slight favourites but we must win it in order to attract players for next year.

we need to win on sunday no matter how ugly, time is a great healer.

lets support our team towards another scudetto

Oct 29, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Eire ] ++
    Yeah the draw with liverpool was really painfull, we had no real leaders zambrotta was our only threat really so i though cap would have swithced him to midfield, still even if we should have beaten the pool if we win the league this season we will have made massive progress from last year, milan are slight favourites but we must win it in order to attract players for next year.

we need to win on sunday no matter how ugly, time is a great healer.

lets support our team towards another scudetto
    hear hear

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    It's not Capellos fault. He has a thin group of players. We need more players, and players with some offensive capatilities. We can't score goals with Emerson, Blasi and Appiah. We need young, creative and good passers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)