Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Stuart said:
My lineup would be:

Buffon
Zambrotta - Kovac - Cannavaro - Balzaretti
Camoranesi - Emerson - Vieira - Mutu
Ibrahimovic - Del Piero

I would only play Pavel and rest Mutu. As I saw him in a good shape against Roma.

Akerman

Oct 20, 2005
--------Del Piero - Ibrahimovic

Nedved-Vieira-Emerson-Camoranesi

Chiellini-Cannavarro-Thuram-Zambrotta

------------------Buffon

Subs: Mutu, Balzaretti, Trezeguet, Abbiati & Giannichedda

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Capello admires new Alex Saturday 28 January, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabio Capello notes that the World Cup atmosphere is gearing Alex Del Piero to new heights and insists the defeat to Roma won’t affect Juventus.

“I am very happy with what Del Piero is doing at the moment,” said the Coach. “He is in great shape physically and psychologically. I think the World Cup atmosphere is doing him good and he is a real leader both on the field and off.”

However, the captain could be left on the bench for Sunday’s match with Ascoli, as Zlatan Ibrahimovic returns from suspension. This is a crucial point in the season following their surprise 3-2 home defeat to Roma in the Coppa Italia on Thursday evening.

“That loss has not left any after-effects on the team,” he assured. “I saw the game again on videotape and Roma did well to make the most of the only three or four chances they created. The team was physically on form and fought back from 3-0 down with great character. Now we must focus on Ascoli and think about the Coppa later.”

Ascoli have only lost one home game this season, and that was on neutral turf due to a ban on the Stadio Del Duca.

“This is a dangerous round, as they are very organised in front of their own fans and are helped by Marco Giampaolo, who one of the most talented young Coaches in Italy.”

Some cracks have started to show in the Juventus armour over the last month and Jonathan Zebina is set for a mid-season move to Tottenham. He publicly slammed the club this week for portraying him as a troublemaker after he requested a pay rise.

“This is a matter between the player and the club,” explained Capello. “I haven’t received a veto on fielding Zebina and if he is fit then he’ll play. The months out with injury probably influenced him to such a degree that he started to see things the wrong way. This can happen.”

Giorgio Chiellini and Robert Kovac are out of the trip to Ascoli, but Zebina is in the squad along with Pavel Nedved.

Juventus squad: Buffon, Vieira, Pessotto, Emerson, Ibrahimovic, Del Piero, Nedved, Balzaretti, Camoranesi, Trezeguet, Mutu, Zambrotta, Blasi, Thuram, Bonnefoi, Giannichedda, Olivera, Zalayeta, Zebina, Cannavaro, Abbiati.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cap also added, while speaking to Alex- "thats right Alex, I admired you so much...now take your fucking seat on the bench" !!!!!!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I think this game Alex and Trezeguet should start, it's about time to bring the old chemistry back. Del Piero's constant benching made Trezeguet not get along with Del Piero as much.

Akerman

Oct 20, 2005
I'd like to see all of our attackers fielded if it was only possible with Capello. I would love to see Del Piero play, but maybe we should save him for a harder game. He's 31 and his stamina might not handle too many games. The game against Ascoli could be a game where Capello wants our 2 other forwards to start scoring goals and we all know how dangerous Del Piero is coming from the bench this season. It's a tricky game. Zebina as right back could be great for us if he gets back to his form last season.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Vinman said:
Capello admires new Alex Saturday 28 January, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabio Capello notes that the World Cup atmosphere is gearing Alex Del Piero to new heights and insists the defeat to Roma won’t affect Juventus.

“I am very happy with what Del Piero is doing at the moment,” said the Coach. “He is in great shape physically and psychologically. I think the World Cup atmosphere is doing him good and he is a real leader both on the field and off.”

However, the captain could be left on the bench for Sunday’s match with Ascoli, as Zlatan Ibrahimovic returns from suspension. This is a crucial point in the season following their surprise 3-2 home defeat to Roma in the Coppa Italia on Thursday evening.

“That loss has not left any after-effects on the team,” he assured. “I saw the game again on videotape and Roma did well to make the most of the only three or four chances they created. The team was physically on form and fought back from 3-0 down with great character. Now we must focus on Ascoli and think about the Coppa later.”

Ascoli have only lost one home game this season, and that was on neutral turf due to a ban on the Stadio Del Duca.

“This is a dangerous round, as they are very organised in front of their own fans and are helped by Marco Giampaolo, who one of the most talented young Coaches in Italy.”

Some cracks have started to show in the Juventus armour over the last month and Jonathan Zebina is set for a mid-season move to Tottenham. He publicly slammed the club this week for portraying him as a troublemaker after he requested a pay rise.

“This is a matter between the player and the club,” explained Capello. “I haven’t received a veto on fielding Zebina and if he is fit then he’ll play. The months out with injury probably influenced him to such a degree that he started to see things the wrong way. This can happen.”

Giorgio Chiellini and Robert Kovac are out of the trip to Ascoli, but Zebina is in the squad along with Pavel Nedved.

Juventus squad: Buffon, Vieira, Pessotto, Emerson, Ibrahimovic, Del Piero, Nedved, Balzaretti, Camoranesi, Trezeguet, Mutu, Zambrotta, Blasi, Thuram, Bonnefoi, Giannichedda, Olivera, Zalayeta, Zebina, Cannavaro, Abbiati.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cap also added, while speaking to Alex- "thats right Alex, I admired you so much...now take your fucking seat on the bench" !!!!!!
If Cap dares to bench him, he won't know what hit him when he wakes up on thursday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)