Sergio Agüero - ST - Atletico Madrid (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
They would only fuck City up if they let him play on Thursday by making him cup tied. I don't know if he has the right to refuse to play if he wants to join City/keep his options open.
That would be a breach of his contract.

Of course, he wouldn't refuse to play, though; he'd just feign some minor injury.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Atletico threatening to play Aguero can, to me, only mean one of two things:

1. They are trying to rush City into making a big offer; or

2. Aguero is pretty much a Juve player and Juve, as part of the deal, have agreed to let Atletico use Aguero for these qualifying games since Juve don't care if he's cup-tied.

No.1, clearly, is more likely.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

2. Aguero is pretty much a Juve player and Juve, as part of the deal, have agreed to let Atletico use Aguero for these qualifying games since Juve don't care if he's cup-tied.

1) I don't they would really need to tempt City to go much higher (if their bid is around 40) because that's the buy-out clause.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

No.3 could be: Atletico don't want to sell him at all.

But that's just as likely as #2 so yes, it's #1.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
1) I don't they would really need to tempt City to go much higher (if they're bid is around 45) because that's the buy-out clause.
I don't think Man City have bid.

They keep dawdling, waiting to see what happens with Tevez, so Atletico are forcing them to make their mind up.

Yeah, thought about putting that No.3 in, but can't see it being the case.

Even a declaration of not wanting to sell would just be a nogotiating tactic at this stage, I would say.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010

2) would mean he will arrive at the end of august

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
That would be a breach of his contract.

Of course, he wouldn't refuse to play, though; he'd just feign some minor injury.
Well yes, this can always be a possibility to avoid any contract violations.

It can easily be a combination of both, Juve have agreed with Atletico to let him play but at the same time did not reach a final agreement which makes Atletico in a position to press City on to making a fast fat offer as soon as possible.

Who do Atletico play on Thursday?

I guess Atletico do not want to sell him anyway unless they receive a lot of money for him, they need him first for their qualifier.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
2) would mean he will arrive at the end of august
:boh:

It can easily be a combination of both, Juve have agreed with Atletico to let him play but at the same time did not reach a final agreement which makes Atletico in a position to press City on to making a fast fat offer as soon as possible.

Who do Atletico play on Thursday?

I guess Atletico do not want to sell him anyway unless they receive a lot of money for him, they need him first for their qualifier.
They play the mighty Stromsgodset, so I would think they could manage without him.

It's just them putting the pressure on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)