Sergio Agüero - ST - Atletico Madrid (36 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
i still think market now is blocked, we need that first big transfer to unlock the market and the othre pieces will fall in place, wether it's Sanchez to Barça, or Tevez to real. it remain to be seen if we will get the piece we want or we'll end up with Rossi :sergio:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
And is paying more than 40 million really overpaying for a guy like Aguero? When Sanchez, Pastore, Torres, Neymar, Sneijder, Villa etc etc are worth that much, then why shouldn't Aguero be worth those money?

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
He will overpay for Rossi.
And if he won't (thus missing out on Rossi too), come late August he will be forced to overpay for a panic buy "superstar".
If true, then NOT forza Marotta :D

I get the feeling that Marotta was given a concrete budget to sign the "big name". If Aguero's price is higher than that budget, there's no chance to get him.
Same goes for Rossi imo. But his lower value could obviously mean that his transfer price could be covered by this budget.

Regardless, spending big on the attack, while going for cheap at the back (& to a lesser extent the mid) is the wrong strategy for me personally.

Aug 2, 2005
I hope Aguero refuse to move to City and greedy ATM can shoot themselves in the ass and then beg Marotta to pay 35 mln. Daydreaming :scared:

I don't want Marotta to pay 45 mln for Aguero if he can buy Rossi for 20-25 mln
we need these 20 mln to spend on other transfer, and Rossi isn't bad, he better than all our attacker by distance. not a big upgrade but still good.

If we are overpaying for Rossi, then no thanks, It is better to overpay for Aguero

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
You're not serious, are you? Marotta offered 10 Million less than the asking price, that's a 25% discount. Why would Atletico take his offer seriously or even have the will to continue negotiating? And please, we have the money to offer more, it's just that our sporting director is stingy.
Our offer was ridiculous indeed but i doubt we can splash so much money in just one player and then spend more to buy quality in other areas(LM, defence, Vidal etc).
Marotta being stingy sounds illogical to me.After all it's not money from his pocket.
Maybe you're right, but in case iam, would you prefer Rossi and some major upgrades in defence and midfield or Aguero and some "Pepes" and "Mottas" for the other areas??

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
And is paying more than 40 million really overpaying for a guy like Aguero? When Sanchez, Pastore, Torres, Neymar, Sneijder, Villa etc etc are worth that much, then why shouldn't Aguero be worth those money?
of all those, only Sneijder and possibly Villa are worth anywhere in the region mentioned.
As for the rest, they are not worth, they are simply priced at, the amounts being thrown around.

Then again, still remains the question of whether Juve can really afford a 40 mil player - I know your budget is more than that but you guys shouldn't forget that you have a number of other areas to address, as well. Whether Marotta will bring in the right players, that's yet to be seen.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Our offer was ridiculous indeed but i doubt we can splash so much money in just one player and then spend more to buy quality in other areas(LM, defence, Vidal etc).
Marotta being stingy sounds illogical to me.After all it's not money from his pocket.
Maybe you're right, but in case iam, would you prefer Rossi and some major upgrades in defence and midfield or Aguero and some "Pepes" and "Mottas" for the other areas??
If we fail to sign Agüero then I'd rather we only focus on other areas and forget that Rossi even exists.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
of all those, only Sneijder and possibly Villa are worth anywhere in the region mentioned.
As for the rest, they are not worth, they are simply priced at, the amounts being thrown around.

Then again, still remains the question of whether Juve can really afford a 40 mil player - I know your budget is more than that but you guys shouldn't forget that you have a number of other areas to address, as well. Whether Marotta will bring in the right players, that's yet to be seen.
Troll :D

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009

Its the market though. If teams are willing to pay those figures for those kinds of players then that is what they'll be worth. Now you could sign them and have a better team, or not sign them and settle for players that are not as good, which could effect your results.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
If true, then forza Marotta for refusing to overpay.
Seriously? :D you would forza marotta?

How is paying 40m overpaying for aguero? Times have changed and look at the transfers in the last 3 years or so and the salaries,they have shot up. There is no overpaying for a player like aguero,that is if you have any intention of getting to the top again.

This club's management makes me sad,we can blame calciopoli all we want but the truth is with a management like this we do NOT deserve to play in CL let alone getting to the top of them all.

Screw marotta.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
:pado: ... :D

Its the market though. If teams are willing to pay those figures for those kinds of players then that is what they'll be worth. Now you could sign them and have a better team, or not sign them and settle for players that are not as good, which could effect your results.
true that the market decides the pricing but that doesn't remedy the issue with the rather huge discrepancy between a player's price and his actual worth ... even less so does it solve the issue with whether Juve can really afford these, quite frankly, ridiculous prices that are floating around right now with the mercato still in its infancy and teams being in no hurry to lower their exorbitant demands.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
WΏΏdy;3138283 said:
Seriously? :D you would forza marotta?

How is paying 40m overpaying for aguero? Times have changed and look at the transfers in the last 3 years or so and the salaries,they have shot up. There is no overpaying for a player like aguero,that is if you have any intention of getting to the top again.

This club's management makes me sad,we can blame calciopoli all we want but the truth is with a management like this we do NOT deserve to play in CL let alone getting to the top of them all.

Screw marotta.
Hey, it doesn't happen everyday that I can say forza Marotta, so I have to do so when the possibility arises :D

And here's why I say it:
1) Aguero is good, but is he really THAT good to be paying 40-45 million for? I don't think so.
2) For me, spending big on the attack is the last thing we should be doing. But since we went for cheap at the back/mid, it looks like that's what we're going to do anyway. Hell, what was the point in shelling out more than 30 million (loans + transfer price) for Matri & Quag, if they don't satisfy our needs in the first place?

Screw it, come to think of it, I'm not too pleased with where our mercato's heading, so I retract my Forza Marotta :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)