Sergej Milinkovic-Savic - M C - Lazio (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
And then we have tuzzers like this specimen here who consider caving to Lotito's absurd demands for a player that's invisible on the pitch outside of his Lazio comfort zone a "better option", despite no other big club willing to pull out the stops to acquire his signature. This is a player that renewed with Lazio during his supposed prime years, what does that tell you?

Tuz logic. Lotito taking us and the management for fools, because he knows that we're the only ones stupid enough to spend that kind of money.
Where did I say that we should cave to his demands? Cite one post. Go ahead. However, you clearly stated Kante and Gundogan are "better options."

Asinine. Preposterous. Ludicrous.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Where did I say that we should cave to his demands? Cite one post. Go ahead. However, you clearly stated Kante and Gundogan are "better options."

Asinine. Preposterous. Ludicrous.
What, you think he was going to gift to us on a cheap out of the kindness of his heart? Lol

At least you know how to use a thesaurus.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
If we have to get him…

fagioli rovella miretti
chiesa sms
Vlaho
Pls no to 4-3-2-1

We are building a decent base of wide players (Chiesa, Kostic, young Iling)

Just add another winger and a couple of young athletic fullbacks and you got yourself a dynamic team.

He would've been an option if we didn't decide to re-sign Pogba. This train has passed now. Madness spending 50-60M on a midfielder who isn't a necessity at this point.

Besides Fagiot >>>>

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Pls no to 4-3-2-1

We are building a decent base of wide players (Chiesa, Kostic, young Iling)

Just add another winger and a couple of young athletic fullbacks and you got yourself a dynamic team.

He would've been an option if we didn't decide to re-sign Pogba. This train has passed now. Madness spending 50-60M on a midfielder who isn't a necessity at this point.

Besides Fagiot >>>>
We need a dominant durable CM that can withstand JJ and make it a whole season.

fuck pogba - get this guy and if pogba is ever fit then even better when they play together

- - - Updated - - -

Having both their aerial ability in the box would be nice too. Both can actually shoot from outside the box unlike Bottletelli

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
We need a dominant durable CM that can withstand JJ and make it a whole season.

fuck pogba - get this guy and if pogba is ever fit then even better when they play together
I don't want two lazy CM's playing together and then getting run over by a more athletic midfield

Balance is important. Maybe if we terminate Dab-ho's contract, maybe we can think about signing him.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I don't want two lazy CM's playing together and then getting run over by a more athletic midfield

Balance is important. Maybe if we terminate Dab-ho's contract, maybe we can think about signing him.
That’s what locatelli is for. Mop up anything behind them. We will have plenty of busy bodies but we need some actually top class talent in midfield if this club ever wants to love forward.

- - - Updated - - -

In any case, I doubt pogba will ever really be a consistent figure here and all the more reason we need someone like SMS

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
That’s what locatelli is for. Mop up anything behind them. We will have plenty of busy bodies but we need some actually top class talent in midfield if this club ever wants to love forward.

- - - Updated - - -

In any case, I doubt pogba will ever really be a consistent figure here and all the more reason we need someone like SMS
Agree to disagree.

We need to build on our young, agile CM's than spending 60M on 28 year old top class midfield talent

There are better ways of spending this money but I guess we're getting nowhere in this conversation so let's leave it at that.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Agree to disagree.

We need to build on our young, agile CM's than spending 60M on 28 year old top class midfield talent

There are better ways of spending this money but I guess we're getting nowhere in this conversation so let's leave it at that.
Who says getting SMS restricts building on our youth? Both can happen at the same time. No way will we win anything without depth in midfield.

we aren’t keeping rabiot and probably McKennie. Two holes that need filled. SMS would immediately become our best option in midfield and drag the quality of our midfield in the right direction.

pogba should leave. We don’t even know what we can purchase SMS for because we haven’t tried negotiating with Lazio yet. Not sure why you think 60m for a final year of a contract player is the magic number.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Who says getting SMS restricts building on our youth? Both can happen at the same time. No way will we win anything without depth in midfield.

we aren’t keeping rabiot and probably McKennie. Two holes that need filled. SMS would immediately become our best option in midfield and drag the quality of our midfield in the right direction.

pogba should leave. We don’t even know what we can purchase SMS for because we haven’t tried negotiating with Lazio yet. Not sure why you think 60m for a final year of a contract player is the magic number.
It's reasonable to assume SMS will cost a lot of money given that he plays for Lazio and we rarely ever get a player for a fair price from these teams.

Then we're also speaking of his wages. He will likely be among the highest paid players if he came here.

This just feels like another JJ hollywood style signing when there are so many weak spots in the team especially at the back.

I just don't think SMS is that big of a difference maker that can easily mask our weak areas. I feel like we have quitely built a decent base in midfield already so a 'galactico' wouldn't really be necessary.

I still much rather focus on what this team needs atm, that's a couple of fullbacks and probably another CB/Bonucci replacement.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It's reasonable to assume SMS will cost a lot of money given that he plays for Lazio and we rarely ever get a player for a fair price from these teams.

Then we're also speaking of his wages. He will likely be among the highest paid players if he came here.

This just feels like another JJ hollywood style signing when there are so many weak spots in the team especially at the back.

I just don't think SMS is that big of a difference maker that can easily mask our weak areas. I feel like we have quitely built a decent base in midfield already so a 'galactico' wouldn't really be necessary.

I still much rather focus on what this team needs atm, that's a couple of fullbacks and probably another CB/Bonucci replacement.
Totally agree on full backs as a priority. No doubt about that.

not certain SMS coming would reduce that priority or not though. I feel like we can do both. Not sure SMS represents a galactico type signing (like Ronaldo or higuain)

I say we focus on fullbacks but also pursue this guy and force lotitos hand: sign for free when he leaves or negotiate with us now for a deal if SMS pushes for Juve. As things stand a fit pogba would be our best CM but adding competition to midfield will make him work harder too and less likely to feel like he can coast - if i could choose, I would off load pogba if needed

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
we should get some fullbacks, that's not even up for debate.

but look at our midfield next year: locatelli, rovella, miretti and fagioli are most likely to be here, pogba too (but i bet he won't be available for more than 30% of the season). and that's it. rabiot's contract expires and he'll get better offers, mckennie will be sold and he's not a starter level player anyway, paredes won't be purchased, arthur and zakaria won't never play for juve again. so that's locatelli, rovella, miretti, fagioli, and a crippled pogba. that's fucking thin.

until someone comes up with better ideas i'd say sergej should be a priority. not THE priority, just ONE important player to keep an eye on. i don't expect lotito to be easy to deal with, and we should most certainly not overpay (anything above 40m would mean that), but if we can get him, we absolutely should.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
we should get some fullbacks, that's not even up for debate.

but look at our midfield next year: locatelli, rovella, miretti and fagioli are most likely to be here, pogba too (but i bet he won't be available for more than 30% of the season). and that's it. rabiot's contract expires and he'll get better offers, mckennie will be sold and he's not a starter level player anyway, paredes won't be purchased, arthur and zakaria won't never play for juve again. so that's locatelli, rovella, miretti, fagioli, and a crippled pogba. that's fucking thin.

until someone comes up with better ideas i'd say sergej should be a priority. not THE priority, just ONE important player to keep an eye on. i don't expect lotito to be easy to deal with, and we should most certainly not overpay (anything above 40m would mean that), but if we can get him, we absolutely should.
Correct.

I think everyone here agrees fullbacks should be brought in before anything else, however, fullbacks and SMS are two different things. Either way, we are going to need a new CM whether we get fullbacks or not b/c of all the holes from deadweights leaving.

I also think this club will sacrifice one of our youth CM's to finance something else. That's my hunch.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
1. Fullbacks/wingbacks
2. A CB or two
3. Wingers
4. A GK

Get those and then look for Sergej or whoever
none of those should prohibit them from buying SMS. Lotito can say whatever he wants, short of an extension he’s either gotta sell him for 40-50M or lose him for nothing a year later. That’s a great opportunity for Juve to get a premier player on a bargain.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Lotito taking us and the management for fools, because he knows that we're the only ones stupid enough to spend that kind of money.
That's because Jj management are unequivocally top notch fools. But that doesn't mean you don't sign the best midfielder in the league. The only thing that would make this (or any other) move better is to bring in a coach that brings out the best in the players to play progressive style football.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
none of those should prohibit them from buying SMS. Lotito can say whatever he wants, short of an extension he’s either gotta sell him for 40-50M or lose him for nothing a year later. That’s a great opportunity for Juve to get a premier player on a bargain.
Are you sure? All of those will cost money and we kinda don't have it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)