Seitaridis To Join Real Tonight (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Dammit Dan, I was just about to do that :fero::D

Thread Moved

Please read these guidelines before posting in the transfer forum, as we're trying to tidy up this particular forum especially, and this news has nothing to do with Juventus.

FC Porto

May 31, 2004
Lot has been said here...so here are some thoughts:

-According to FC Portos's chairman, Seitaridis already signed a contract (after Euro2004's first match) with the club and Porto already payed Panathinaikos the transfer fee.
Currently Porto and Real are having some 'media war' over Ricardo Carvalho (mainly) and therefor so many alleged 'news' from spanish press...
Both AS and A Marca are Real Madrid connected and are full of crap!

-Seitaridis is rated by some greek supporters and ex-team mates (like Paulo Sousa,remember him?? :D ) as a skilled and complete right back, and as he's still youngh, can still develop a lot of qualities.

-Paulo Ferreira is a brilliant player.One of the Top3 right defenders in Europe at this moment...
he got the bench during the Euro after the unfortunate mistake against Greece and Miguel had an excellent tournament...but don't kid yourselves:Ferreira is a top quality player!!!

-Somebody said here that FCPorto is a deffensive team...what about that for a laugh!!I would say that Porto is a team that defends very well usually...

Most defensive teams that come to mind are italian!AC Milan is a perfect example(remember the european supercup last season??)!!!And I've never seen such a poor CL Final like the Milan-Juve...

greetings to everyone

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by FC Porto ] ++
-Somebody said here that FCPorto is a deffensive team...what about that for a laugh!!I would say that Porto is a team that defends very well usually...

Most defensive teams that come to mind are italian!AC Milan is a perfect example(remember the european supercup last season??)!!!And I've never seen such a poor CL Final like the Milan-Juve...

greetings to everyone
And last year's CL final was pretty boring as well. Why? Because Porto played defensively from start to finish, there was very little going on. Just like Juve-Milan.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
And last year's CL final was pretty boring as well. Why? Because Porto played defensively from start to finish, there was very little going on.
But they scored 3 goals, how could they have played defensively? :rolleyes:

[/CLUELESS]

FC Porto

May 31, 2004

And last year's CL final was pretty boring as well. Why? Because Porto played defensively from start to finish, there was very little going on. Just like Juve-Milan.

You think so??LOL :rolleyes:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
But they scored 3 goals, how could they have played defensively? :rolleyes:

[/CLUELESS]
I see you saw the scoresheet, I don't suppose you saw the match as well? They scored their first goal on their FIRST SHOT ON GOAL in the 70th minute!!! Sure, after that they got confident and opened up but until then it was men behind the ball. And kudos to them because hadn't they played like that, the probably would have been a couple of goals down by that time.

For crying out loud... :rolleyes:

FC Porto

May 31, 2004

They scored their first goal on their FIRST SHOT ON GOAL in the 70th minute!!! Sure, after that they got confident and opened up but until then it was men behind the ball.

For crying out loud... :rolleyes:
LOLOL...
man,I was under the impression that Porto was leading at half time 1-0...maybe Carlos Alberto scoring was just an hallucination!!
unless we're talking 'bout different matches...that's what it seems!!! :cool:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Ok, one shot on goal before half time. And only one shot on goal until the 70th minute, happy now? What an incredibly offensive tactic indeed.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
Seitaridis strikes me as the type of player we once could have snapped up for cheap(obviously not going to happen now), he impressed during the Euro. Will probably do good wherever he goes, unless he becomes a hardcore benchèe at Real.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by FC Porto ] ++

greetings to everyone

like porto - monaco was interesting final. one of the most boring finals ever.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
the whole of the champions league was a ****ed up one. Very poor CL, 2002/2003 was alot better. (not just cos juve went to the final, but the football quality was better) And i personally think it was a mistake to elimanate the 2nd group stage. that was the best part!!! :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)