Seitaridis To Join Real Tonight (1 Viewer)

Christian j

Jun 2, 2004
According to Spanish daily ’AS’, Greek full-back Giourkas Seitaridis will sign with Real Madrid tonight.
Although Porto and Panathinaikos agreed a deal before Euro 2004, the player has not yet signed with the Portuguese champions and they have given him until midnight tonight to put pen to paper on the contract.

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=9953&progr=6

i dont write this to say that seitaridis will goo to real but read this
he is not for porto officialy
i think moggi can do it he said that he will sign abig player and it will be a surprise
i hope

Buy on AliExpress.com

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
Seitaridis isnt a big player, but he is a very good player. But its to late for us to sign him, there are to many interested in him, and we usually dont buy players when many clubs are interested.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Seitaridis is a quality right back IMHO, but that last time I said that to a right back based on one major tournament, Song Chong-Kug, he turned out to be a flop.:D.
I am not totally sold on him just yet, and I think given that he had a great Euro, and his market value would have sky-rocketed, I speculate that he would be too too expensive given the risks and uncertaintes involved
in signing players from lesser leagues.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
The problem is, that at Euro he didn't really play right-back. Rehagel used him as a manmarker on the flank to cover C. Ronaldo, in another game he marked Baros. IMO he showed very little offensive skills, but he was a rock in defense. If he wants to join the Real bench, he can go, but I would tell him to go to Porto, because they need a new right-back.
For us, he would have nearly no use, becaue I want an attacking right-back like Trabelsi or Oddo.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
Seitaridis is a quality right back IMHO, but that last time I said that to a right back based on one major tournament, Song Chong-Kug, he turned out to be a flop.:D
That's a bit harsh :(

but I agree, signing a player based on a single tournament may not be the wisest move

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Come on gray, after a decent start, Song Chong Kug had pretty horrible season in Feyenoord plauged by injuries and loss of form.;). To be honest, I was really high on him, attacking full-back with great man to man marking ability - a la Seitaridis and Ronaldo he marked Figo out of the game.
BTW, I agree with you Lacki that Seitaridis has been rock in defence, but in the final I thought he was very good doubling up the sides and troubling Nuno Valente: He seemed to be tactically very good, and I reckon he is more Serie A prototype player than La Liga. Having said that, I believe he should spend one or two seaon in Porto, and move to the big clubs after establishing himself. As for Real, I would advise them that buying a player after one tournament is a risky investment.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
That's why I said it was a tad harsh :) He didn't turn out to be plain shite a la El Hadji Diouf, so I don't think it's fair to call him a flop considering he was playing great until he got injured

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Huh? In our talent versus hard work discussion you kept on saying Song had a good season? I knew he played badly, but I didn't know you knew.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
Come on gray, after a decent start, Song Chong Kug had pretty horrible season in Feyenoord plauged by injuries and loss of form.;). To be honest, I was really high on him, attacking full-back with great man to man marking ability - a la Seitaridis and Ronaldo he marked Figo out of the game.
BTW, I agree with you Lacki that Seitaridis has been rock in defence, but in the final I thought he was very good doubling up the sides and troubling Nuno Valente: He seemed to be tactically very good, and I reckon he is more Serie A prototype player than La Liga. Having said that, I believe he should spend one or two seaon in Porto, and move to the big clubs after establishing himself. As for Real, I would advise them that buying a player after one tournament is a risky investment.
I agree with you Jun! IMO Seitaridis is not the type of player, Real want and Porto, a quite defensive team, would be happy to have him, and this guy is oinly 23, so 2 years at Porto, and if he can prove himself, I would say Moggi should think about him.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by AndriesGobert ] ++
Huh? In our talent versus hard work discussion you kept on saying Song had a good season?
Considering it was his first season in a new continent and he didn't have any previous (proper) club football experience
++ [ originally posted by AndriesGobert ] ++
I knew he played badly, but I didn't know you knew.
It's not that easy coming back from injury, but this isn't about Song so let's drop it please

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
yeah there's no guarantee how one season wonders will turn out.look at ferreira,many are having doubts about his 13.5m move to chelsea just 2 months after his great season with porto.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
yeah thats funny desmond, because he had a really great season at Porto, but at EURO he was unlucky not to have a starting shirt, and now everybody have doubts about his abbility!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Considering it was his first season in a new continent and he didn't have any previous (proper) club

It's not that easy coming back from injury, but this isn't about Song so let's drop it please
I know the circumstances were against him, but I thought you meant he still had a very good season, which obviously wasn't the case.

I don't like Seitaridis, he's a good defender without a doubt, but he just ridicules himself when he attacks. He seems so out of place then.

Massimo Oddo still is great in my opinion, but I must admit I haven't seen that many of him and apparently he's rather expensive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)