Sebastian Giovinco (15 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Reason finco does wel in MLS is same as why belgium was absolutely demolishing them in terms of chance creation.

MLS and USA football team, are as naive as it gets. Wide open football and not a bit of tacically restricting opponents.

finco does well when giving acres of space. MLS is silly enough to provide

Same reason retired players do well

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Reason finco does wel in MLS is same as why belgium was absolutely demolishing them in terms of chance creation.

MLS and USA football team, are as naive as it gets. Wide open football and not a bit of tacically restricting opponents.

finco does well when giving acres of space. MLS is silly enough to provide

Same reason retired players do well
How much MLS do you actually watch?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
How much MLS do you actually watch?
I'm not going into an argument with you. You know this is how it is. And there is nothing wrong with it.

Its a naive league, but very attractive to watch by neutral fans who arent interested by tactics, its excellent for former stars to shine during the winter of their career, or for failure players who couldnt perform in the tactical game.

Belgiul - USA was a joy to watch. A billion chances. There is nothing wrong with this. We need diversity.

Just saying, why its suits giovinco. I'd love to see Xavi-Pirlo-Scholes behind Lampard, Del Piero and Tevez tear it apart. MLS is where this could happen

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Watched about 20 MLS matches this season because german eurosport is broadcasting in Free TV. This doesn't look like professional football whatsoever if you disregard the veterans.

I believe that a decent Serie B team would take the MLS apart similar to Juventus 13/14 season

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm not going into an argument with you. You know this is how it is. And there is nothing wrong with it.

Its a naive league, but very attractive to watch by neutral fans who arent interested by tactics, its excellent for former stars to shine during the winter of their career, or for failure players who couldnt perform in the tactical game.

Belgiul - USA was a joy to watch. A billion chances. There is nothing wrong with this. We need diversity.

Just saying, why its suits giovinco. I'd love to see Xavi-Pirlo-Scholes behind Lampard, Del Piero and Tevez tear it apart. MLS is where this could happen
Watched about 20 MLS matches this season because german eurosport is broadcasting in Free TV. This doesn't look like professional football whatsoever if you disregard the veterans.

I believe that a decent Serie B team would take the MLS apart similar to Juventus 13/14 season
Obviously the MLS is not some sort of amazing league when it comes to tactics. Gee, you guys are such experds.

But here we are on an Italian football forum where fans probably overrate the tactical game instead of the brilliance of individual players, hence why we are having this discussion in the first place. Folks also tend to underrate the MLS simply because it is an American league, which is simply based on prejudice more than anything else. Of course it isn't a great league, but it's still professional and has a lot of quality players. If Seba did this in, say, the Belgian league, people here would say it was a great goal and move on.

Speaking of the Belgian League, Sacha Kljestan the American midfielder was a starter for Anderlecht for several years. He is a joke of a player, and a complete dunce when it comes to tactics. Apparently he did fine there. As an American. As a rather poor player to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Obviously the MLS is not some sort of amazing league when it comes to tactics. Gee, you guys are such experds.

But here we are on an Italian football forum where fans probably overrate the tactical game instead of the brilliance of individual players, hence why we are having this discussion in the first place. Folks also tend to underrate the MLS simply because it is an American league, which is simply based on prejudice more than anything else. Of course it isn't a great league, but it's still professional and has a lot of quality players. If Seba did this in, say, the Belgian league, people here would say it was a great goal and move on.

Speaking of the Belgian League, Sacha Kljestan the American midfielder was a starter for Anderlecht for several years. He is a joke of a player, and a complete dunce when it comes to tactics. Apparently he did fine there. As an American. As a rather poor player to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Not a single game, for sure.
:lol:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

The Belgian league is utter crap, and i refuse to watch that shit.

There is no reason to get so defensive, and step down to "you insult mine, i insult yours" level. We arent menstruating now are we.

Nope, i like that there is MLS. A nice retirement home for football players. I can totally watch an MLS game, or at least the headlights.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The Belgian league is utter crap, and i refuse to watch that $#@!.

There is no reason to get so defensive, and step down to "you insult mine, i insult yours" level. We arent menstruating now are we.

Nope, i like that there is MLS. A nice retirement home for football players. I can totally watch an MLS game, or at least the headlights.
I'm not insulting anybody, just pointing out the hypocrisy.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Let's not overestimate the MLS either. I watch almost every Whitecaps match, and it really is a second/third rate league. Attacking play is decent, although somewhat lacking in regards to breaking down organized defences... however, defensive play is so abysmal in the league that this is rarely required. MLS is screwed over by the Designated player rule, and will never attain that high a level until this is modified.

What the designated player rule does is allow for any top 4 league decent player who comes over there to dominate, as the average player is extremely mediocre and on peanuts for wages. You mention Lampard and Beckham as players who aren't/weren't setting MLS on fire like Giovinco, but how about 37 year old Drogba. He has 9 goals in 7 starts for the Impact.

I can't think of a team in MLS that wouldn't be relegated in any of the big 4 European leagues. I mean, MLS teams can't even win the CONCACAF Champions League. Of the 28 teams so far to play in the Semifinals in the 7 years it has existed. 5 of them have been from MLS. 2 of 14 finalists have been from MLS, and 0 of 7 winners have been from MLS. And it's not like Mexican teams are at the level of top tier European leagues.

Seba is a decent player and nothing better. His failure at Juve has nothing to do with Juventus, or how he was used or not used. It's entirely due to him being no more than a decent player. He's also about to turn 29, so it's not he's a young player anymore with room for improvement. If he was dominating a 3rd tier European League like Belgium, he'd still be no better than a decent player in a top 4 league at this point.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I can't think of a team in MLS that wouldn't be relegated in any of the big 4 European leagues. I mean, MLS teams can't even win the CONCACAF Champions League. Of the 28 teams so far to play in the Semifinals in the 7 years it has existed. 5 of them have been from MLS. 2 of 14 finalists have been from MLS, and 0 of 7 winners have been from MLS. And it's not like Mexican teams are at the level of top tier European leagues.
Of course the majority of clubs would be relegated in those leagues. For the Champions League, many of the teams don't even field their first team, so that is difficult to judge. They don't care about that trophy.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Of course the majority of clubs would be relegated in those leagues. For the Champions League, many of the teams don't even field their first team, so that is difficult to judge. They don't care about that trophy.
True. Strangely enough, it seems the Canadian teams care about the CL, perhaps because they have done so poorly in the league in general, but Montreal and Toronto have always seemed to field strong sides for CL.

I have to admit, I hate the "hard" cap and designated player rule. It leads to a nice parity, like with most North American sports, but it also leads to a watered down product where teams who have the money to field a very good and competitive side, are forced to do otherwise, aside from 2-3 players. Caps in leagues with no competition as far as other leagues go are great. But when you have to compete with European leagues without salary caps for top players, having a cap is a little ridiculous. There should rarely be a case of a prime-years American or Canadian player leaving for Europe, that should be the goal of the league imo. Retain the best North American players, attract some of the stars from south of the border that would usually go to Europe and try to poach Seba-level players in that same age range from mid-level European clubs.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Are you really telling me Andy that MLS is a good league? I've been watching a lot lately and it really isn't. It's OK league but that's all. And it even isn't that entertaining...

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I'm not insulting anybody, just pointing out the hypocrisy.
What hypocrisy ?

Because Belgium has a shitty league with zero attraction, i cannot say that MLS is a tactically naive league that has interest for neutral fans and a retirement home for former glory's ?

Why exactly ? Why does my opinion has to be related to a shitty league i dont watch, that happens to run in my country ?

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
What hypocrisy ?

Because Belgium has a shitty league with zero attraction, i cannot say that MLS is a tactically naive league that has interest for neutral fans and a retirement home for former glory's ?

Why exactly ? Why does my opinion has to be related to a shitty league i dont watch, that happens to run in my country ?
Because he is American. We are just glory hunters since we support Juve. Everybody are glory hunters, but not Americans. And Giuseppe Rossi, he is also a glory hunter since he decided to play for Italy instead of shitty US&A.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)