Sebastian Giovinco (12 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Whats the point of criticizing mls like it should be at the same standard as the top european leagues?

This league has only been around for 20 years. Tfc have only been around since 07. Cmon.
It is quite surprising, though. In the few Liga MX games I've seen since moving here to Mexico I've seen some things that even my amateur football-playing friends know how to do better. I'm talking about aspects of the game such as organisation and positional play rather than just individual skill or whatever. I've never been in a league or anything like that but my team's defence is better organised than even some teams in the playoffs here.

Mar 3, 2014
wow , that green team is pretty bad. thay cant press for shid. And that baldie midfielder from toronto did nothing to react after gio´s shot battered the keeper at 2:21.....he is like a white ogbonna
2 things:

1) The MLS is pretty bad in general. Giovinco has looked like Messi so far. And by that I mean that not only has he been effective (like Defoe was), but unlike Defoe, pretty much everyone of his goals has been Goal of the Week Quality. He is making defenders, goalies, and teams look very stupid.
2) LMAO to that "Baldie Midfielder" comment. You realize that's Michael Bradley? He played for Roma/Verona. They're paying him like 6 million per year.

The most entertaining aspect of this whole thing is this however:

When first signed:
Sebastian answered doubts concerning his size. When questioned how he plans to cope with the physicality of the MLS, he confidently replied “If I won’t be able to fight with my physical side, I’ll use my footballing intelligence”.

Not a month later:
“If you want to win you have to defend properly; that’s why all the teams are working to get better,” Giovinco said through an interpreter. “The difference is that here, there are less tactics during the game compared to Italy or Europe, where it’s harder to score goals.”

Mar 3, 2014
Most unsurprisingly. That guy declined hard and fast, he looked good at one time.
I don't know how much he's declined - he looked okay at the World Cup. At Roma he played a more conservative role. He played in a midfield 3 with DDR & Pjanic. He kept his game simple. At TFC, they are expecting him to do everything, including score. Most recently they're playing him as a CAM.

I'm not surprised he looks sloppy going from an organized tactical framework in Serie A as a holding midfielder to a disorganized tactical mess in MLS, playing as a CAM.

I do think that he is at best, a great player on a relegation side (as seen w/ Verona), a good player on a midtable side (Genoa maybe?), and a bench player on any team that is contending for a title (he was a sub for Roma.)

Lorenzo Juve

May 4, 2012

He does it again.

I just wish this match was tomorrow, I could hardly pay attention today, just recorded it and fast forwarded most of it.

Tfc are really exciting this season though, I think we can go far in the playoffs.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'm happy for the guy. He was never going to be able to pull that off in a Juventus environment.

People are already talking about his potential to be the best MLS player of all time. :lol2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)