Sebastian Giovinco (45 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He would carry teams like Fiorentina/Lazio etc. And do good at Tottenham/Everton level if used right, and defenitely fit in quite well in La Liga, kinda sad to see him at amateur level...

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
He would carry teams like Fiorentina/Lazio etc. And do good at Tottenham/Everton level if used right, and defenitely fit in quite well in La Liga, kinda sad to see him at amateur level...
The gnome fits right in the bush league. :lol:

are you saying Tottenham/Everton level clubs are better than Fiorentina/Lazio etc.?
Well they are. Everton is better than Roma and Lazio. So is Tottenham.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
No they arent, both of them are inferior to the Rome clubs. Tottenham even faced Viola in Europa League I think and got schooled, Everton taken out by Ukrainians, while Viola are still going strong there.

Tottenham are mediocre except their wonder striker, and Everton just flat out regressed big time this season.

Mar 3, 2014
Noticied that too, but apparently the game was suspended for 2 hours because of the weather.
I watched the game on TV in Canada.
Game started at 8:30 pm EST vs. 7 pm EST. b/c it was in Dallas (different time zone), after ~40 minutes the game was delayed because of thunderstorms. So from 9:10 EST to about midnight, fans waited to see if the game would be on. Sure enough, they called it back on, and there were like 10 fans left at the stadium.

And yeah MLS defending...the worst in the world. You could take Dario Knezevic and he'd look like Fabio Cannavaro b/c players do not know basic positioning. Typical EPL watching MLS fans initially were worried that Giovinco would be hurt by the physical nature of the MLS, and even asked him that in an interview. They should have asked him, how excited are you to play against defenders who don't know what jockeying is, and dive into every tackle.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it really that different than how bottom table EPL teams and Championship teams defend? Or should I say "not defend". I'd honestly take Carpi over Burnley/QPR everyday.

Also a good way to think about what Kaka is dealing with right now... He is on an MLS expansion team, meaning that the players other than Kaka are essentially everyone else's rejects. He is basically playing on an equivalent of an Empoli Primavera team where all the players have had their Parietal lobe removed or at least seriously impaired.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Maybe a year ago when he had all that potential. Now he's matured into a great italian mls soccer player at a very respectful age of 28.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)