Sebastian Giovinco (26 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.
Apr 15, 2006
Did you see what happened today with Tevez? Complete media fabrication.

But everyone is prepared to jump on Giovinco from the media twisting his words and manipulating the context.

Giovinco never did anything to this club. He hardly had a bad season last season as well. Considering the constant rotation. 11 goals, 6 assists. Mirko had only 3 more goals and the same amount of assists, why doesn't Vucinic get any criticism at all?
They deliberately set unrealistic expectations from him in order to be disappointed and then to rant at him. That is all.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I take it you stay away from the Mirko thread, good idea.
Listen, I know you're a Vucinic fan and I'm not trying to take any digs at him. Vucinic is a great player, inconsistent, but when on his game he is excellent. I think Vucinic had a good season last season, but with Giovinco only having a few more goals less why is Giovinco considered so poor?

- - - Updated - - -

They deliberately set unrealistic expectations from him in order to be disappointed and then to rant at him. That is all.
:agree:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I just don't know how some of you hate our players.

Makes me sick to be honest.
Is it hate when you feel that player isn't good enough to play for your club? Is it hate when you point out their limitations? Is it hate if you don't feel he suits the needs and purposes of the club?

It is normal to dislike (hate is a strong word) a player because you feel he isn't good enough and frustrating.

However, if you wish them well when they put on the shirt and are happy when they contribute to a victory, then it doesn't constitute hate in my book.

I am never going to like the likes of Motta, De Ceglie, Padoin, Peluso, and Gio, but if they do well when putting on the Juve shirt, then kudos to them.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
lol you are still at it?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, you have to be kidding me. You're still at this shit? It's simply not true. He was jokingly saying that Del Piero didn't call him when asked if he has contact with Del Piero, trying to explain that they don't really have that close of a relationship. I even read that interview myself. How is that insulting him?

And he never said a bad word about Juventus, he said they didn't give him a proper chance. Insulted the club, jeez. He scored like 3 or 4 goals against us when he was playing for Parma and never celebrated a goal.

Giovinco has other issues, especially with fulfilling expectations but don't make up things to justify your agenda.
Did you see what happened today with Tevez? Complete media fabrication.

But everyone is prepared to jump on Giovinco from the media twisting his words and manipulating the context.

Giovinco never did anything to this club. He hardly had a bad season last season as well. Considering the constant rotation. 11 goals, 6 assists. Mirko had only 3 more goals and the same amount of assists, why doesn't Vucinic get any criticism at all?
You are men of men in my book. :touched:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I am just trying to explain to people that liking a player and supporting them when they put on the Juventus colors don't necessarily go hand in hand. However, with some people, it is just black and white, no fucking grey areas.

I never liked Paramatti, Porrini, Bachini, Baiocco, or Fabian O'Neill.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I am just trying to explain to people that liking a player and supporting them when they put on the Juventus colors don't necessarily go hand in hand. However, with some people, it is just black and white, no fucking grey areas.

I never liked Paramatti, Porrini, Bachini, Baiocco, or Fabian O'Neill.
Constantly calling him a midget and insulting him isn't a grey area though. You make it black and white and that's exactly how people know you when it comes to Giovinco.

Your fault. :D

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Is it hate when you feel that player isn't good enough to play for your club? Is it hate when you point out their limitations? Is it hate if you don't feel he suits the needs and purposes of the club?

It is normal to dislike (hate is a strong word) a player because you feel he isn't good enough and frustrating.

However, if you wish them well when they put on the shirt and are happy when they contribute to a victory, then it doesn't constitute hate in my book.

I am never going to like the likes of Motta, De Ceglie, Padoin, Peluso, and Gio, but if they do well when putting on the Juve shirt, then kudos to them.
Some members, and I'm not saying you and I'm not pointing fingers, constantly say he sucks, he's a midget, get the out of the team, bla bla bla.

What I'm confused about is why Giovinco always gets the shit end of the stick, and Vucinic is always praised, despite being statistically similiar.

It's more of a bandwagon thing IMO. Some people don't like Giovinco, and others blindly followed.

Also putting Giovinco in a group with Motta, De Ceglie and Padoin isn't fair IMO. But Giovinco could be a solid impact player coming off the bench, and someone able to rotate Tevez when the Argentine is fatigued.

When Giovinco came on yesterday, in the short time that he had, he made an instant impact. He found Isla, Isla sent in a beautiful pass to Tevez, but Tevez just couldn't direct it in. That could have been a game changer, but Giovinco never gets praise when he does good things, only shitted on.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Hey. I'm not the only one who calls him a midget; he is rather short, so technically I'm not far from the truth :p

As for insulting him, I only do it when he frustrates/infuriates me after a poor performance. Check my post count in this thread compared to others, and the truth shall be revealed :stuckup:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Hey. I'm not the only one who calls him a midget; he is rather short, so technically I'm not far from the truth :p

As for insulting him, I only do it when he frustrates/infuriates me after a poor performance. Check my post count in this thread compared to others, and the truth shall be revealed :stuckup:
If you want to get technical he is still above the medically known height for dwarfs. This is just something some of you enjoy saying because its your way of insulting a player you don't like.

Like me calling Amauri, Janet, for example...or how I call Krasic "straight line".

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Some members, and I'm not saying you and I'm not pointing fingers, constantly say he sucks, he's a midget, get the out of the team, bla bla bla.

What I'm confused about is why Giovinco always gets the shit end of the stick, and Vucinic is always praised, despite being statistically similiar.

It's more of a bandwagon thing IMO. Some people don't like Giovinco, and others blindly followed.

Also putting Giovinco in a group with Motta, De Ceglie and Padoin isn't fair IMO. But Giovinco could be a solid impact player coming off the bench, and someone able to rotate Tevez when the Argentine is fatigued.

When Giovinco came on yesterday, in the short time that he had, he made an instant impact. He found Isla, Isla sent in a beautiful pass to Tevez, but Tevez just couldn't direct it in. That could have been a game changer, but Giovinco never gets praise when he does good things, only shitted on.
I guess some people are just blinded by their dislike for him. He had a decent run out yesterday. Vucinic is still far more important to our cause, but he can be extremely frustrating.

As for grouping him in with those players you mentioned, I wasn't talking about footballing ability, but rather likability in my book. Some players are insanely talented footballers, but I still don't like them. Messi and Bale come to mind.

- - - Updated - - -

If you want to get technical he is still above the medically known height for dwarfs. This is just something some of you enjoy saying because its your way of insulting a player you don't like.

Like me calling Amauri, Janet, for example...or how I call Krasic "straight line".
He is no Jessica Simpson, I give you that :p

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Technically calling him a midget is not an insult, it is a quite accurate description.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwarfism

Dwarfism /ˈdwɔrfɪzəm/ occurs when an individual person or animal is short in stature resulting from a medical condition caused by abnormal (slow or delayed) growth. In humans, dwarfism is sometimes defined as an adult height of less than 4 feet 10 inches (58 inches or 147.32cm).[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebastian_Giovinco

He is 7 inches taller than the official height for dwarfism.

Suck it bitches. It's you insulting him!

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwarfism

Dwarfism /ˈdwɔrfɪzəm/ occurs when an individual person or animal is short in stature resulting from a medical condition caused by abnormal (slow or delayed) growth. In humans, dwarfism is sometimes defined as an adult height of less than 4 feet 10 inches (58 inches or 147.32cm).[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebastian_Giovinco

He is 7 inches taller than the official height for dwarfism.

Suck it bitches. It's you insulting him!
So what you're saying is that he's a dick short of midget.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
People need to get over themselves. Being happy one of our players is struggling... shame on fucking YOUS! :D

The player is never going to be world class, but it's not like we splashed big cash on him either. All of these fantastic stories of him bashing the club are fucking silly and stale, some of you need to learn how to fucking read interpreted, translated, sensationalized media releases -- read them with a fucking fist full of salt! Some epic butthurt, founded on nothing at all.

Especially the fucking bipolar monkeys who spend so much time insulting other members for not being able to properly read articles! Jesus, fucking hypocrites. So sick of having to read that mental diarrhoea.

On the bright side, Giovinco looks like he's definitely put on some more muscle, and his effort yesterday was solid. He should have buried, he almost set up another with a really slick little chip/scoop, I think it was a pretty good 15 minute cameo. We actually looked more dangerous after his introduction, sorry to break that to the haters.

I still think he can help us out this season, especially if Conte diversifies our tactics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)