Sebastian Giovinco (13 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.
Apr 29, 2006
I wasnt defending Gio, nor did I say Gio is a kid (Munian is), but disagreed with the comment W made about that comparison.
I see, but still it's a line in the sand. Gio is def worse than Munain. How many times part is speculation, but the base was valid ... or t least thats what I meant.

Isla... :groan:

Every time Isla touches the ball, a clown dies.
Yeah and it hurts more to know how much he has cost us so far and how much more will it be???
Is Marotta gonna fork another 9 mils for his other half? Then what?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Thats the thing, at what standard are you judging on? Based on age? Seen enough of Munian, and he is quite talented, for his age, but he isnt a consistent player who gives much impact. He scored his first goal of the season today for example, and saw plently enough games of him last season (they were fun last season), and he gave the team extra spark on counters, but he wasnt the go-to-guy difference maker, until he has a season like that, I will disagree with the notion of confidently claiming he is better then Gio. Who as I said, had better showing then Munian has had in his short career so far, last season. If you say Munian looks better then Gio was at that age? I would understand your point (he was just debuting for us at Serie B at Munians age), but there is not enough to base on claiming more then that IMO.

Apr 29, 2006
Thats the thing, at what standard are you judging on? Based on age? Seen enough of Munian, and he is quite talented, for his age, but he isnt a consistent player who gives much impact. He scored his first goal of the season today for example, and saw plently enough games of him last season (they were fun last season), and he gave the team extra spark on counters, but he wasnt the go-to-guy difference maker, until he has a season like that, I will disagree with the notion of confidently claiming he is better then Gio. Who as I said, had better showing then Munian has had in his short career so far, last season. If you say Munian looks better then Gio was at that age? I would understand your point (he was just debuting for us at Serie B at Munians age), but there is not enough to base on claiming more then that IMO.
Age is important imho.
But also the fact that one is playing for Juventus 2012/2013 and the other for Athletic B 2012/2013. Giovinco might be a marked man and opponents might know him very well, but he didn't have to make major changes (league, language, team) - he knows Juventus, is born in Italy and has always played there. TBH I have never seen enough of him in our shirt to be anything more than a substitution and a deep one at that... I might get bashed, but even when our midget shines for a moment, it just isn't enough to clear the air of frustration after bazillions of misses. Naturally he has gigantic boots to fill and it's mission impossible from the start tbh, but competing with Quag(First striker expected to be sold) and Matri (second one on that list) shouldn't be a battle he basically losses the majority of the time ???

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
I figured Giovinco out today, finally. He looks bad in every game simply because he cant score. ALL would be 100 times different if he was to play in his natural position. He goes into chances, he ricks havoc in the six yard box but he just cant score, which for him is just normal, cause he isnt a striker. Thats that, simple. And no one should be blamed for this but Conte.

Inglip

Jul 29, 2011
I figured Giovinco out today, finally. He looks bad in every game simply because he cant score. ALL would be 100 times different if he was to play in his natural position. He goes into chances, he ricks havoc in the six yard box but he just cant score, which for him is just normal, cause he isnt a striker. Thats that, simple. And no one should be blamed for this but Conte.
What is his natural position?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)