Sebastian Giovinco (18 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
You have been hating on him for 1 year, I have no idea why we're having this discussion right now. Won't lead us anywhere.
he should have scored, and cost us the game, still ppl like you think he was great...guess you dont care about winning matches, just want to se some dribbling and shoots on goal....

Japp

Sep 19, 2012
He's useless in our team, we need a clinical finisher to convert the chances. What's the point in creating zillion chances when no one is there to use them?
Our midfield has enough creativity for a team. Hell, Pirlo alone is enough creativity for a team.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
It's not about that, fredrik. It's about how silly it is hanging Gio out to dry when there were so many others out there deserving much more criticism than him.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
It's not about that, fredrik. It's about how silly it is hanging Gio out to dry when there were so many others out there deserving much more criticism than him.
He is SOLELY to blame for our loss today. Sorry, you can't miss all those chances and expect to be called up ever again, it shouldn't happen.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
there where others who played badly, like vidal, marchisio,chillini and matri, but we created more than enough to win this match. it was the poor finishing that got us this poor result. the main player behind all the missed chances where GIO. So that why i am more angry with him than anyone else.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
He is SOLELY to blame for our loss today. Sorry, you can't miss all those chances and expect to be called up ever again, it shouldn't happen.
His finishing is not up to standard, we all knew this when we signed the fella, but my God how he moved and created chances tonight. I am gonna defend him tonight. Maybe not in general, but on this night I definitely will. We're all frustrated we didn't win. Actually, I'm fucking pissed off about it, because deep down I know we're out of the competition despite our theoretical chances of progressing. But he's not the only man responsible here, definitely not.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
there where others who played badly, like vidal, marchisio,chillini and matri, but we created more than enough to win this match. it was the poor finishing that got us this poor result. the main player behind all the missed chances where GIO. So that why i am more angry with him than anyone else.
He did well for all his chances, just didn't get the bounce the ball going his way today.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
His finishing is not up to standard, we all knew this when we signed the fella, but my God how he moved and created chances tonight. I am gonna defend him tonight. Maybe not in general, but on this night I definitely will. We're all frustrated we didn't win. Actually, I'm fucking pissed off about it, because deep down I know we're out of the competition despite our theoretical chances of progressing. But he's not the only man responsible here, definitely not.
There were plenty who were not up to date, but his finishing was inexcusable. I've never liked him and now I just hate him with every fiber in my body.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
There were plenty who were not up to date, but his finishing was inexcusable. I've never liked him and now I just hate him with every fiber in my body.
Well if you had it in for him before, I can understand how a frustrating night such as this with him not getting on the scoresheet would've tipped you over the edge when it comes to this player, but...still... objectively, he was one of our best players out there, it's just a damn fact.

If you hate the player, though, that's the way it is. There's no arguing with that.

Anyway buddy, let's just drink :beer:

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Well if you had it in for him before, I can understand how a frustrating night such as this with him not getting on the scoresheet would've tipped you over the edge when it comes to this player, but...still... objectively, he was one of our best players out there, it's just a damn fact.

If you hate the player, though, that's the way it is. There's no arguing with that.

Anyway buddy, let's just drink :beer:
No, he was not one of the best players we had out there.

Better than Giovinco in their respective positions:

Lucio
Bonucci
Pirlo
Marchisio
Isla

For me, he was on par with Matri tonight.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I don't like the way Giovinco is being used.

He's almost being deployed as an out and out CF.

I don't see him ever being a good enough finisher to really be successful in that role and playing right up against the last defender also pretty much removes the possibility of him being able to use his technique and vision to create for others.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
I don't like the way Giovinco is being used.

He's almost being deployed as an out and out CF.

I don't see him ever being a good enough finisher to really be successful in that role and playing right up against the last defender also pretty much removes the possibility of him being able to use his technique and vision to create for others.
sense talk like this won't affect Juventuz i say surrender and give them the "@#4 giovinco"" already :D

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Yeah Red, good post. Gio's performance tonight is much more complicated than saying he was great or saying he was shit ... I think you hit the nail on the head there. Giovinco has great technique, flair and can dribble and make good runs away from defenders, but he shouldn't be relied on to play CF. He should be deployed more out wide so that he can create chances for other players, like he did away to Siena when Marchisio popped up and scored that vital goal after Gio crossed the ball towards Chiellini.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Giovinco wouldn't have acted like a CF if Matri did his job. Now he had to create as the SS he is and do Matri's job at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)