Sebastian Giovinco (9 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jul 1, 2010
You must be kidding, period.

The position that suits Pepe better than Giovinco is as a traditionnal winger in a flat 4-4-2. In a front three of a 4-3-3, Giovinco is much more suited for the position since his offensive skills are vastly superior to Pepe's and as a winger/forward in a front three, your main duty is always going to be offensive, not defensive.

Sure, Pepe's defensive work is nice but to say that he is better suited than Giovinco in a front three is completely delusional.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
This would make perfect sense. We bench Pepe and move Vucinic to Pepe's position and Gio takes Vucinic's place. Gio having Chiellini doing defensive duties he will need not to defend at all :).

Jul 1, 2010
I can't even put myself to understand how some people would prefer to play Pepe instead of Giovinco in a trident.

WE'RE PLAYING A TRIDENT WITH A WINGBACK AS PART OF IT FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

It may be working for the moment but if there is one position we need to improve after filling our enormous whole at the LB position, it surely has to be the Right wing/Right forward one.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I can't even put myself to understand how some people would prefer to play Pepe instead of Giovinco in a trident.

WE'RE PLAYING A TRIDENT WITH A WINGBACK AS PART OF IT FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

It may be working for the moment but if there is one position we need to improve after filling our enormous whole at the LB position, it surely has to be the Right wing/Right forward one.
+rep :tup:

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Something I think most of you miss with Pepe is his off the ball movement that is crucial to our front line.
I'd agree with that and also say his off the ball in fact helps our midfield even more to push forwards.
Would Giovinco allow Marchisio to push forwards and roam freely as much as he has been doing? Its an important question.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Would Giovinco accept a bench role if he came back though? Quag is on the bench at the minute and he's just as good as Giovinco, so there is no telling if he'd start here.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
However in a 4-3-3, Giovinco would offer us more creativity, but if we're going for that then I'd look at getting Jo-Jo or Ramirez over Giovinco.
Jojo? Sure, although he isn't ideal on the wing. But Ramirez? For what reason? Giovinco has been way better than him, Giovinco has actually been one of the best players in the league. I feel like people are underrating Giovinco's game right now. 7 goals + 3 assists in 10 games. 10 points in 10 games. He's absolutely brilliant right now.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
It's all good now as the team is playing well and we are winning but i'd prefer our managment to be proactive, when the shit hits the fan later in the season or we start playing bad i think Pepe will struggle and we may need that extra quality.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Jojo? Sure, although he isn't ideal on the wing. But Ramirez? For what reason? Giovinco has been way better than him, Giovinco has actually been one of the best players in the league. I feel like people are underrating Giovinco's game right now. 7 goals + 3 assists in 10 games. 11 points in 10 games. He's absolutely brilliant right now.
Ramirez is young and has bigger potential in my opinion, I'd also think he'd accept the bench more than Giovinco would dude.

Gio has been very good this year and he'd be a great option back here but as it stands he'd not get into our starting 11.

The one thing he does not do at Parma is track his man, neither did Vucinic at Roma but look how he's adapted here to tracking back and running like a mad man.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Ramirez is young and has bigger potential in my opinion, I'd also think he'd accept the bench more than Giovinco would dude.

Gio has been very good this year and he'd be a great option back here but as it stands he'd not get into our starting 11.

The one thing he does not do at Parma is track his man, neither did Vucinic at Roma but look how he's adapted here to tracking back and running like a mad man.
Giovinco is also young, he's born like 1987 isn't he? Giovinco wanted to stay in Parma this season because he wanted guaranteed playing time in order to make the squad for Italy. If we bring Giovinco back it won't be for the bench. I think he'd be a sure starter for us if he continues to perform this way, especially if we don't intend to spend money on our trident next mercato. They won't waste a talented and creative Italian on the bench.

And the whole thing about Giovinco not tracking back is kind of a myth really. Take it from someone who has watched Giovinco a lot of times, he's not really that bad at tracking back. Sure, he doesn't have Pepe's work rate, but then again, who does? Does Nani track back that way? You wouldn't say no to Nani, would you? His most important task when the other teams has the ball is to put pressure.

Also, we have Marchisio, Vidal and Pirlo + our back 4 working their asses of defensively. Should be enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)