Sebastian Giovinco (9 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Gio is now excelling at SS role. But our forward line is crowded.

How would you use gio in the starting spot, when we have the likes of Matri, vuci and quags?

Just curious.

that said, i want gio back.

Juventine

Little Witch
Jul 11, 2008
Jojo? Sure, although he isn't ideal on the wing. But Ramirez? For what reason? Giovinco has been way better than him, Giovinco has actually been one of the best players in the league. I feel like people are underrating Giovinco's game right now. 7 goals + 3 assists in 10 games. 10 points in 10 games. He's absolutely brilliant right now.
It's not true that Giovinco has been way bettter than Ramirez. Ramirez has started 8 games and scored 3 goals (playing as a trequartista and Giovinco as a SS) + 3 assists + 1 penalty produced + 10 points in 8 games(He didn't start all of Bologna's matches not because he was not a starter but he has been suspended and injured for 3 matches and Bologna lost all the 3). Bologna is a weeker team than Parma and they don't have a capable coach neither. These games they won Ramirez alone won them the matches. Last sunday Ramirez didn't play so well and Bologna as a team didn't work. 3-5 Cesena players marked Ramirez all the time (as other Bologna players caused no danger anyway) but he still managed 3-4 killer passes that could help them win the match.

Whoscored rated Ramirez as the European's Top 3 under 21 players and the 7th best player in the whole Serie A at this moment. He is also the most successful dribbler of the league.
http://www.whoscored.com/Blog/t32hae20bekbcdwt_095aa/Show/WhoScored-Scout-Europes-Top-20-Under-21s

Giovinco is more lucky who plays in a better team that plays football. Bologna is a team full of crisis and problems. Anyway til now Ramirez's performances are no way lesser than that of Giovinco and are more impresive than that of Giovinco at the same age (Empoli time).

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
It's not true that Giovinco has been way bettter than Ramirez. Ramirez has started 8 games and scored 3 goals (playing as a trequartista and Giovinco as a SS) + 3 assists + 1 penalty produced + 10 points in 8 games(He didn't start all of Bologna's matches not because he was not a starter but he has been suspended and injured for 3 matches and Bologna lost all the 3). Bologna is a weeker team than Parma and they don't have a capable coach neither. These games they won Ramirez alone won them the matches. Last sunday Ramirez didn't play so well and Bologna as a team didn't work. 3-5 Cesena players marked Ramirez all the time (as other Bologna players caused no danger anyway) but he still managed 3-4 killer passes that could help them win the match.

Whoscored rated Ramirez as the European's Top 3 under 21 players and the 7th best player in the whole Serie A at this moment. He is also the most successful dribbler of the league.
http://www.whoscored.com/Blog/t32hae20bekbcdwt_095aa/Show/WhoScored-Scout-Europes-Top-20-Under-21s

Giovinco is more lucky who plays in a better team that plays football. Bologna is a team full of crisis and problems. Anyway til now Ramirez's performances are no way lesser than that of Giovinco and are more impresive than that of Giovinco at the same age (Empoli time).
Oh, I see you're back.

Oh please, you're acting as if Giovinco is playing for Juventus or Milan. Parma is marginally better team but then again Giovinco is actually carrying that team. Its the same situation for both of them. Both are carrying a weak team but Giovinco has scored more.

And just for the record. I like Ramirez.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I'd agree with that and also say his off the ball in fact helps our midfield even more to push forwards.
Would Giovinco allow Marchisio to push forwards and roam freely as much as he has been doing? Its an important question.
I think you all missing the point. Pepe being off the ball what really helps this team play football, when pepe is with the ball that when the trouble starts.

Oh and I hope Gio doesn't come because there would be too much drama, when he would inevitably fail on the expectations some of the fans put on him. In my eyes he is like micoli, he can play good, but for a regional team. And why do I think so? because of his history.

jussr

Jan 26, 2011
One point to consider, and I hope I am wrong. Conte will probably develop favourites after this year and Pepe is certainly a huge possibility of becoming one.

May 22, 2007
I think you all missing the point. Pepe being off the ball what really helps this team play football, when pepe is with the ball that when the trouble starts.
Out of curiosity, why? I think the thing he lacks is inventiveness, doesn't take on players much, otherwise he's fairly good at striking the ball.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Out of curiosity, why? I think the thing he lacks is inventiveness, doesn't take on players much, otherwise he's fairly good at striking the ball.
Don't know really, he isn't skilled enough I guess. But now in games you can see that when he faces opponent head on he passes back, I think that is Conte orders, and I like it, more time for him to make spaces or whatever, but mainly not to screw our attacks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)