Sebastian Giovinco (7 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I don't think that's an accurate assumption. I do remember times when we had a healthy Seba and he wasn't even on the bench, with us complaining about it.

From a trends perspective, interesting how during last season we started to become rather poor when Giovinco wasn't at least brought on as a sub. Could very well just be a coincidence, but then again, he was another weapon we could have used.

During Ranieri's season, there doesn't appear to be any trend with regards to Giovinco and results. But I don't have enough time to look at it closely now.
I know he had significant injury spells last season, as that was when the majority of his non-sub appearances were. Only three times was he not sub in 08-09. On the contrary, if we are looking at trends on the other side the team was at it's most successful in the first 3/4 of the 08-09 season when Giovinco wasn't featuring much and we were very high in the table before the sequence of draws and subsequent sacking of Ranieri. Looking at Giovinco directly in games he started we went DLWLWWWDWWW, 7-2-2 (64% win ratio), overall the team was 21-11-6 (55%) and 16-7-15 (42%), so in that sense he had a positive influence. Take into account what impact one player has, how in the games Giovinco started we had a better and more consistent overall team, and the larger differential in games to compare.

Buy on AliExpress.com

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
C'mon guys the kid didn't prove anything yet. he should be the best player in the league then we can talk about it :gsol:

fuckin' shame that he isn't here now!! really would have added a lot and i mean a loooot to this one dimensional team.

juventino899

Dec 29, 2009
During our time in Serie B I honestly thought Giovinco would be our best player by now and had he played regular football I think he could have been capable of that.

We should get him back and leave Amauri there..

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
from the statistics i rather read that the first season you wrote about was one where he had a decent impact even though with very few to count for (few assists/goals). that was around the time he was supposed to work on his shot and soon after that he scored a nice "long range" shot for the azzurini, but after a while he did not even shoot from distance anymore. the second season you portrait, jay, does show the decline in performance (shown by poor ratings) and only taking this into account and putting the fan-goggles away i could see that people in the board think he is not yet ready for the big juve. the people in charge most of hte time only look at the numbers/stats anyways

Jul 1, 2010
Hello, I am new here(I have been watching this forum for a while though).

I believe that Giovinco will turn out to be a great player if used right and I hope that we call him back. However, we would need a world class left back to cover him up if we play 4-4-2(If we use him as a left winger).

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
This option to purchase half of his registration for 3m EUROS, that Parma have as part of his loan deal...Am I right to assume that Giovinco himself has to agree to the sale, if Parma wish to take up that option (of half his ownership)????

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
It would be slavery otherwise, so...
Well if the little man continues to show decent form, and martinez fails to find any form, surely they will ask him to come home at the end of the season...to finally, be part of the team. And however upset he most definitely was, and likely still harbours remnants of despair and angst for the Juve management, he will still wish to return and chase true glory in our colours...

Still...when I remind myself that del neri and marotta placed even lanzafame above giovinco last summer, my hopes diminish.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
He has done decently this season, congratulations for him on the call up. Is he good enough to be our starter next season? Right now no, if there are better options go for them. Will he sit on the bench for us? Certainly not. I know he would have been useful this season so don't bring that up. I like Gio just as much as the next guy sure I'm hoping he can shine and want to come back but I wouldn't say he has proved that as of yet. I hope he continues to do well :tup:.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
He is good enough to start for us now, given the current options available to us. He is definitely more of a natural winger than Marchisio is; I still believe Marchisio should be deployed in central midfield. He can operate as an SS, or as a more advanced unconventional LW in a more attacking 4-3-3 formation.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
It must be the priority of the club to bring him back this summer if he continues his form, if he can make Amauri score then he surely adds something invaluble.
The time is ripe for a ADP replacement to come in, forza Seba and come back please :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)