Sebastian Giovinco (8 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Do you think Giovinco's inability to defend will see Ranieri sparingly use him? Since we all know tinkerman's fondness for the 4-4-2 and the over crowded attack.. I think Seba really is one of those players you build a team around and whilst it'd be ridicolous to implement this now, but in the future i'd like to see our formation align with the skills of Seba..

Casiraghi knows how to use him perfectly

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
If we take account, of what CR just said, ten i hope that he has high hopes on Seba and he will respect his talent, much more than he did with Palla.
The decision isnt made as of yet, CR said that he waits for Gio to come back, so i guess that he will try smth and choose then.
Serie A is physical enough, almost a new world, compared to the U21 world, strong and exp players can wipe out skilled but weak players like Criscito and Giovinco.
Criscito must cope with that physical world, because its his job/duty as a defender, but Giovinco has other priorities and if he can deliver enough offensively, then he can be useful despite his small frame and lack of power,
i am optimistic about Gio's chances and hopefully CR will make the right choices and Gio's agent will stop being such a greedy prick...

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
If we take account, of what CR just said, ten i hope that he has high hopes on Seba and he will respect his talent, much more than he did with Palla.
The decision isnt made as of yet, CR said that he waits for Gio to come back, so i guess that he will try smth and choose then.
Serie A is physical enough, almost a new world, compared to the U21 world, strong and exp players can wipe out skilled but weak players like Criscito and Giovinco.
Criscito must cope with that physical world, because its his job/duty as a defender, but Giovinco has other priorities and if he can deliver enough offensively, then he can be useful despite his small frame and lack of power,
i am optimistic about Gio's chances and hopefully CR will make the right choices and Gio's agent will stop being such a greedy prick...
Gio's agent hasn't got anything on that prick Mino Raiola..

Seba warrants a pay rise from the mere 40 grand he makes atm, If I were Juve i'd start the negotians around 1.5 mil per year, not much considering Almiron is on 1.7, Boumsong was on 2.5, Brazzo is on 2 as is Andrade

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He will respect his talent million times more (and is already a fan prolly) then Pallas because Gio has the kind of rare talent that is once in a blue moon like Totti, Ale etc. And rightfully keeps getting compared to past greats like Baggio, Zola, Antognoni etc.

While Palla is quickly turned out to be more of a Sculli then anything else. Doesnt have much of a talent to respect in any way, just had the exaggerated expectations a youngster allways initially gets. Never got remotely close to proving it in even for a short period.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
He will respect his talent million times more (and is already a fan prolly) then Pallas because Gio has the kind of rare talent that is once in a blue moon like Totti, Ale etc. And rightfully keeps getting compared to past greats like Baggio, Zola, Antognoni etc.

While Palla is quickly turned out to be more of a Sculli then anything else. Doesnt have much of a talent to respect in any way, just had the exaggerated expectations a youngster allways initially gets. Never got remotely close to proving it in even for a short period.

:agree: Palla hasn't showed half the ability of Seba and sums up the over rating reactions that arise from something as mere as one simple good performance (Palla's was in serie B when he scored the hatrick)

Glad the name Antognoni is coming up, a very good player who's hardly known outside Italy it seems...

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
if there is something that this management handled well its contract renewals. So i think its just media BS with the agent's BS.

About using him, there aren't many players in the world right now that don't do some form of defending as it is simply the modern game. You need to help your team out as much as you can, and i saw that gio does a bit of that in Empoli more than the azzurini.

Also Ranieri gives his attacking midfielders a lot of freedom, so there won't be a lot of restrictions put on him.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Arsenal In €7.5m Swoop For Giovinco?

Arsenal are ready to table a €7.5m bid for Juventus starlet Sebastian Giovinco according to Calciomercato.

The Gunners have been keeping close tabs on 'La Formica Atomica' and they are ready to try and pick the Old Lady’s pockets for their target.

The Juve youth product has been in stunning form and he is using the 2008 Olympic games as a shop window.

However, that window seems firmly shut as the Bianconeri are not willing to let him go.

Calciomercato claims that the Gunners are ready to swoop with a €7.5m offer for the 21-year-old prodigy.

A number of clubs including Palermo wanted Giovinco but Juve stood firm and resisted offers as the player is considered an important part of the team’s future.

Arsene Wenger’s penchant for signing youngsters is showing no sign of changing as he is also looking to sign Udinese’s Gokhan Inler.

The player’s agent recently revealed there was contact with Arsenal, but so far nothing has been written in stone.

Giovinco is likely to be used as a first choice player in Claudio Ranieri's side and he is being regarded as their heir to Pavel Nedved's throne when the Czech midfielder hangs up his boots.

Salvatore Landolina

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
:lol: 7.5 mil.. I've only post this article to highlight how infuriating & incompetent Goal.com is
They are not incompetent, but their sources are.
They print out evry roumor there is, mainly from agents whom wants their players to get in the "hot air" and be discussed about.

But of course we wont sell him for 7.5 mil.
Even an even swap for alonso would be a bad idee.
Alonso might be better in his position then the players we have in that role (siss and poulsen) but Giovinco has something that Juve scream for at this moment. Creativity and recklesness.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
They are not incompetent, but their sources are.
They print out evry roumor there is, mainly from agents whom wants their players to get in the "hot air" and be discussed about.

But of course we wont sell him for 7.5 mil.
Even an even swap for alonso would be a bad idee.
Alonso might be better in his position then the players we have in that role (siss and poulsen) but Giovinco has something that Juve scream for at this moment. Creativity and recklesness.
I actually think that they are not their sources, the Goal.com journo's are the who print the story in the first place and have an overwhelming sense to warp the truth and make it sound more dramatic.... For example Tuttomercato sums it up in a short sweet 20 word 1-paragraph, Goal will write 4 paragraphs of shit to accompany the rumour

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
hey GOAL.com and even Arsenal or any other club interested...

FUCK OFF!!!

HE'S NOT FOR SALE

swearing is bad but this was a good time to do it.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
As much as people like to bash our board and management, it is obvious that giovinco is not for sale, our managers already stated this on several occasions. This is just Media BS, and sadly some people are buying it.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
It's not that some people are buying it...I'm sick of having to see our best prospects, best players linked to other clubs and having crappy players linked to us while Pele, Maradona and Platini are linked to Milan and Inter.

How many times have we seen "Juve lost another target" while we don't even know if we were linked with the player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)