Sebastian Giovinco (11 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I find it funny that you seem to defend everything Marotta does yet you can't seem to give Seba a break. Why does he have to come back to prove the doubters wrong? Is it a rule? Or is it enough for you that he scored two goals against us?

Was Lanzafame ever considered as one of the best talents in the world? Was Lanzafame the star of the successful Azzurini? Was Lanzafame selected as one of the best players in the U-21 Championship with the likes of Özil? Did Lanzafame ever have 9 assists in 1/3 of the season in a Juventus jersey? Seba has the 3rd highest rating of all midfielders in the league right now according to Gazzetta, has Lanzafame ever been ranked that high?

Cash? He got 1m for him.
I find it funny that his biggest fanboy replied with this on the subject of him. Please stop saying this, or I can't take you seriously. Just look at your second paragraph, it has become bordering personal for you, if it wasn't so embarrassing I'd laugh.

You wouldn't even know a positive post I made about Giovinco if it hit you in the face - and I have made several - because you are too busy getting all upset when I don't fall to the ground kissing his feet.

So going back to what I originally posted - still has to prove that he is good enough and versatile enough to play for us, and this spell at Parma does not indicate that. Hopefully he will come back and get the chance because I think he is a good player, but I won't cry if he doesn't and also don't expect the world from him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I did expand because I knew that people would say I thought Lanzafame was as good as Giovinco. But you get my point even if you don't agree. When Lanzafame was in good form for Parma people said bring him back. Ekdal has a few good games, bring him back. That's just how it works.

I understand why Giovinco was loaned out and agreed at the time. Obviously if you had said to Marotta and Delneri that we were going to start 2011 with basically Amauri as the only fully fit striker their response would have been along the lines of 'FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU' and Giovinco would have stayed. Ok Giovinco doing well and people saying 'we shouldn't have loaned him' is about as predictable as it gets, that's normal. Saying we messed up because now we have no forwards, that's something I don't agree with.

You missunderstand me, I dont speak for others, but though I understand the reality of the loan due to 2 years of being overlooked. My issue with is NOT because we injury crisis, but because I firmly believe Giovinco would ADD quality to our squad IF given the chance to. Extra quality we needded more of when he was here but was hardly used, and quality we would needded for this season considering our squad. I mean really, Pepe, Lanzafame, Martinez, Amauri, Yaki and ever more, forgive me for saying it, worn out Ale, no one besides Quag (who been consistently useful) of these players are a reason to not gamble on a talented and potentially very useful creative player (I would totally understood it, even if still would sadden me, if we had ditched him for true quality player).

I allways said I understood him being sidelined for Diego (didnt say pip about him being benched for almost first half of last season), even if not to that extreme degree he was, but there is allways endless amount of excuse or reasons to not give him a real shot, like there can be only 1 "quality go to guy" in our squad, like its now with Krasic. We become so utterly predictable.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
So going back to what I originally posted - still has to prove that he is good enough and versatile enough to play for us, and this spell at Parma does not indicate that. Hopefully he will come back and get the chance because I think he is a good player, but I won't cry if he doesn't and also don't expect the world from him.
Yeah, you know what. I'm not going to answer the first part since you're just throwing accusations left and right. I'll let you try to describe me another time but for now I'll stick to talking about Giovinco.

Why doesn't this spell at Parma indicate that he's good enough? I thought having the 3rd highest averaging rating on Gazzetta should be enough to prove that he's good enough. He doesn't have to be anymore versatile, isn't being creative and creating chances good enough?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
You missunderstand me, I dont speak for others, but though I understand the reality of the loan due to 2 years of being overlooked. My issue with is NOT because we injury crisis, but because I firmly believe Giovinco would ADD quality to our squad IF given the chance to. Extra quality we needded more of when he was here but was hardly used, and quality we would needded for this season considering our squad. I mean really, Pepe, Lanzafame, Martinez, Amauri, Yaki and ever more, forgive me for saying it, worn out Ale, no one besides Quag (who been consistently useful) of these players are a reason to not gamble on a talented and potentially very useful creative player (I would totally understood it, even if still would sadden me, if we had ditched him for true quality player).

I allways said I understood him being sidelined for Diego (didnt say pip about him being benched for almost first half of last season), even if not to that extreme degree he was, but there is allways endless amount of excuse or reasons to not give him a real shot, like there can be only 1 "quality go to guy" in our squad, like its now with Krasic. We become so utterly predictable.
Yeah I wasn't really talking about yourself, just a general opinion. I don't agree with you on Pepe, Martinez (haven't see him) and Iaquinta, but I know what you mean as a general point. Del Piero shouldn't be playing every game also.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
What? Several people here have said it was idiotic to loan Giovinco back in the summer, so of course more people will want him back now. You call that predictable? Well of course it is, but don't act like this is a recent trend. That's just embarrassing.

With regards to the posts in this thread, well done for the most part by Osman and Suns. JuveJay deserves a thousand negative reps for those silly posts, quite frankly.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I don't doubt we would be less predictable with those players, but better? Sure worked last season, second worst in our entire history! I don't look at players solely from a technical or natural ability level so I'm not inclined to agree.

Quagliarella is superior to Diego, disprove that. A 5-6 months injured Quagliarella, well yeah, Diego should have stayed...So choose one, don't just add an imaginary Diego and Giovinco on top of this season and think what would have happened, you have to factor in how we could afford to bring Quagliarella without selling Diego. Where Giovinco is going to play and how often, how it would fit tactically. Maybe Giovinco left wing in front of left backs who can't defend? So again, it's ok saying 'should've' when we find ourselves in a difficult situation, we are all experts in hindsight.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
--------------Iaquinta----------

------Diego---------------------

Giovinco - Melo - Aquilani - Krasic

:lol:

Giovinco - Diego - Krasic

Marchisio - Melo - Aquilani

Diego as prima punta? :shifty:

Diego - Iaquinta - Giovinco

Aquilani - Melo - Krasic

It wouldn't be predictable at least.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I find it funny that his biggest fanboy replied with this on the subject of him. Please stop saying this, or I can't take you seriously. Just look at your second paragraph, it has become bordering personal for you, if it wasn't so embarrassing I'd laugh.

You wouldn't even know a positive post I made about Giovinco if it hit you in the face - and I have made several - because you are too busy getting all upset when I don't fall to the ground kissing his feet.

He has to prove nothing though. He already has. He has done well when we have given him PT, and that alone says a lot because he didn't even get that much PT.

You seem to contradict yourself, so maybe you can clarify. You say he has to prove himself and hope he gets a chance here but you think he is a good player? If you think he is a good player then what does he need to prove exactly. My point for me/andy is always the same. We know he is a good player, as he shows wherever he plays, and when played at Juve he was always a team player, worked his ass off when in, and never let anything get to him on the field like you see from some players. He produced assists, goals and opportunity after opportunity whether for himself or others. That's exactly what we need. He played his heart out and did well. Nothing to prove anyone.

If anything, our club needs to prove to him that it knows how good he is by rewarding him with PT. Our club messed up badly here. This year it took about 3 games to realize Krasic was our threat going forward and attack, now the league has that figured out. There is a reason why our midfield and defenders get more scoring opportunities than our strikers. Giovinco would have excelled this year and most of us here know that and I'm afraid the rest just don't like admitting it.
i dont know about less predictable, with Diego we were too predictable, it was a simple matter of closing Diego down, and the whole system failed.
That's exactly how it is with Krasic. It's amazing how teams just double up on that side the moment he gets the ball. That wouldn't happen if we had Gio or someone like him on the left. Our play now is predictable.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Not at all, a good player doesn't mean an established player. There are good players who don't play in the top division for differing reasons, let alone major clubs.

I'm interested as to how he has proven himself? With his few appearances, of which not all were good, be realistic. It makes me wonder why he is on loan at Parma if he is established at Juve? Maybe you mean he has proven he has ability? I don't disagree, but how does that make him a first team player here?

As for comparing Giovinco to Krasic and the club having to prove anything to Giovinco, completely disagree. Giovinco is inconsequential in comparison to the club, and Krasic has been a key player and strong player over a sequence of full matches. Something Giovinco never did. Clearly I don't agree that Giovinco would have excelled in our current setup or I wouldn't be posting, and no one has even suggested a role or position for him that is in any way realistic. Giovinco left wing, please. We'd have to play an inflexible 4-3-3 system or have him as a striker instead of Del Piero or Quagliarella to fit him in. So he's on the bench or rotation again.

Having said that, if he keeps his Parma form up he deserves another chance, a chance to prove himself here. As a Juve fan I'd like nothing more than for every one of our players to excel in the shirt. I can't say everyone feels like that, seems that isn't the case. If Giovinco turns out great, perfect.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
--------------Iaquinta----------

------Diego---------------------

Giovinco - Melo - Aquilani - Krasic

:lol:

Giovinco - Diego - Krasic

Marchisio - Melo - Aquilani

Diego as prima punta? :shifty:

Diego - Iaquinta - Giovinco

Aquilani - Melo - Krasic

It wouldn't be predictable at least.
No..

Giovinco - Iaquinta - Krasic

Marchisio - Melo
Aquilani​

That is a great team! Add two new fullbacks(and maybe someone to replace Iaq) and we are good to go. That is the perfect solution, we won't have to bench one out of our 3 midfielders, we get to keep our threats from the flanks and we don't have to use more of our useless strikers. Problem is that our coach is so stuck with his 4-4-2 that he'd rather play players like Toni, Amauri, Pepe and Marchisio on the left than change the formation.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Woah loads of new threads just popped up, this forum is mental.

Delneri isn't stuck with a 4-4-2 Suns, several people have already pointed out how we switch between formations when defending and attacking. I think your team could work like that, potentially. It could in theory turn to 4-5-1 but that would depend on Giovinco and Krasic having the awareness and mentality to come back, we saw with Mourinho's Inter that this is important even if you are a pure forward like Eto'o or Pandev. Also 4-4-2 but then no one seems to rate Marchisio as LM. We played this formation last year with virtually no success but that included Diego, that team would have better balance because there are three two-way players behind the attackers.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The option that he has, can we retract it or if Parma take it up do we have no option but to sell half? If the latter is the case they will most probably do that, and he'll stay there.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Not at all, a good player doesn't mean an established player. There are good players who don't play in the top division for differing reasons, let alone major clubs.

I'm interested as to how he has proven himself? With his few appearances, of which not all were good, be realistic. It makes me wonder why he is on loan at Parma if he is established at Juve? Maybe you mean he has proven he has ability? I don't disagree, but how does that make him a first team player here?

As for comparing Giovinco to Krasic and the club having to prove anything to Giovinco, completely disagree. Giovinco is inconsequential in comparison to the club, and Krasic has been a key player and strong player over a sequence of full matches. Something Giovinco never did. Clearly I don't agree that Giovinco would have excelled in our current setup or I wouldn't be posting, and no one has even suggested a role or position for him that is in any way realistic. Giovinco left wing, please. We'd have to play an inflexible 4-3-3 system or have him as a striker instead of Del Piero or Quagliarella to fit him in. So he's on the bench or rotation again.

Having said that, if he keeps his Parma form up he deserves another chance, a chance to prove himself here. As a Juve fan I'd like nothing more than for every one of our players to excel in the shirt. I can't say everyone feels like that, seems that isn't the case. If Giovinco turns out great, perfect.
:tup:

The option that he has, can we retract it or if Parma take it up do we have no option but to sell half? If the latter is the case they will most probably do that, and he'll stay there.
As far as I know, we can not retract. It's only up to Parma to decide if they want to buy half his contract.

But I'm not sure if it has already been agreed what will happen with him if Parma decide to buy half his contract. Logically thinking, he would spend another season at Parma, but we'd still have to agree with that in some way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)