Sebastian Giovinco (11 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lorena

Dec 11, 2010
when did he say that?
He said few times some things how he is glad that he isn't in Juve no more because he never did get a real chance and that he doesn't have in his planes to come back...Though he said that when he left us for Parma so maybe he changed his mind by now,but that is not very likely.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So did Giovinco go missing like certain members claimed he would? Guess not.

Even if Seba keeps this form up, don't count on Marotta and DN bringing him back. They don't seem like the type to admit to mistakes.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Talk about missing the bus...damn we could use him right now for creativity.

We have one midfielder that gets double marked and a limp offense. He would be thriving right now.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I miss this guy. Technically more gifted than any of our midfielders. With him on the Left, and Krasic on the right, we would have been playing more entertaining football, and might have somewhat been less predictable!

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Seba shouldn't have left, he should have been doing this for us and we should have given him a starting spot, we're acting as if we have an offense like Real, Barcelona and Milan. Of course this club has problems when we get rid of the real talent and keep(and sign) so many useless players.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Nothing changes for me, he is showing in fits and starts he can play for Parma, it's when he comes back to Juve that he can 'prove the doubters wrong'. We have had enough loanees and co-owned players do well in provincial teams to know he hasn't made it. Two words: Davide Lanzafame.

May 4, 2004
Lol! Lanzafame was never and will never have the talent to play for a team bigger than Bari/Brescia.. Even there he sucks.. Dont ever compare Giovinco to Lanzafame.. That should be a crime.. And btw, expect to see Gio playing for Azzurri by the end of this season!!!

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He did very well in Parma....

For the record I think Giovinco is a more talented player, but he is only wanted back by the majority now we have a striker shortage and he has some form, predictable hindsight. With a full squad we wouldn't have needed him. He would have been sitting on the bench with the odd appearance and grumbling as usual, which is why it was ideal to loan him. No use in getting all misty eyed about a guy who still has proven nothing more than that he has talent.

As for Giovinco left midfield with our left backs :sergio: He is a wide 4-3-3 or second striker player.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Haha, talk about making your post totally retarded with the Lanzafame example.

And the difference with Gio, besides the obvious, is he didnt really get a real chance, as in he had good streak of games or just 1, and was benched for next 2 months. Was subbed and whatever little time he played, he performed well by adding creative spark, but was still completely ignored for next games like his performance never happend etc. That was basically the pattern, not saying he doesnt have flaws and is some top proven must play player, but basically the above scenario was anything but fair or being given a chance.

And compare it to what we sacrificed him for, its bit laughable, Pepe's and Martinez (not judging the latter too harshly yet, but weird signing when we had Gio) and a TOTALLY limp attack that needs every help it could have gotten with another creative option besides Krasic.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
I don't think he was sold because of not fitting in the formation, I think he was sold to get Marotta some pocketmoney. There is no doubt about his talents, but his attitude was getting a bit annoying. I want him back next season though.

May 4, 2004
Spot on Osman..

And it is really unbelievable how amazingly stupid it was letting Gio go this season.. Del Neri (& Marotta) just showed how amature he is with this.. You really dont have to be an expert to see how much we need players like Gio/Krasic etc.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Just the simple comparison of between him and Gio (indirectly, in your first post), when the difference is quite significant.

Plus I dont even quality Lanzafame as "made it" in a provincial team, had good form in 2nd half of a season for Parma, thats it.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
Difference between the two is that Giovinco was one of the highest rated players before his injury. Now he's recovered and looks set to continue tearing up the charts with high ratings. Consistency. So please no arguments that he has good games then goes ghost the next

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Nothing changes for me, he is showing in fits and starts he can play for Parma, it's when he comes back to Juve that he can 'prove the doubters wrong'. We have had enough loanees and co-owned players do well in provincial teams to know he hasn't made it. Two words: Davide Lanzafame.
I find it funny that you seem to defend everything Marotta does yet you can't seem to give Seba a break. Why does he have to come back to prove the doubters wrong? Is it a rule? Or is it enough for you that he scored two goals against us?

Was Lanzafame ever considered as one of the best talents in the world? Was Lanzafame the star of the successful Azzurini? Was Lanzafame selected as one of the best players in the U-21 Championship with the likes of Özil? Did Lanzafame ever have 9 assists in 1/3 of the season in a Juventus jersey? Seba has the 3rd highest rating of all midfielders in the league right now according to Gazzetta, has Lanzafame ever been ranked that high?

I don't think he was sold because of not fitting in the formation, I think he was sold to get Marotta some pocketmoney. There is no doubt about his talents, but his attitude was getting a bit annoying. I want him back next season though.
Cash? He got 1m for him.

Apr 17, 2009
I don't see how anyone could say Giovinco's attitude wasn't good while he was at this club. Never asked questions, sat on the bench 90% of the time. Not to mention being quite successful during his loan spells all to come back and never get a half chance.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Just the simple comparison of between him and Gio (indirectly, in your first post), when the difference is quite significant.

Plus I dont even quality Lanzafame as "made it" in a provincial team, had good form in 2nd half of a season for Parma, thats it.
I did expand because I knew that people would say I thought Lanzafame was as good as Giovinco. But you get my point even if you don't agree. When Lanzafame was in good form for Parma people said bring him back. Ekdal has a few good games, bring him back. That's just how it works.

I understand why Giovinco was loaned out and agreed at the time. Obviously if you had said to Marotta and Delneri that we were going to start 2011 with basically Amauri as the only fully fit striker their response would have been along the lines of 'FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU' and Giovinco would have stayed. Ok Giovinco doing well and people saying 'we shouldn't have loaned him' is about as predictable as it gets, that's normal. Saying we messed up because now we have no forwards, that's something I don't agree with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)