Sebastian Giovinco (7 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jun 6, 2015
Italy have loads of options in the position he would play for Ventura (LWF in a 4-2-4), that's the biggest reason. Combine that with the MLS factor and he'd have to do something insane to get a call up.
Yeah don't see any reason why he should be picked over the Bernardeschi's, Sansone's and such. He isn't a young boy anymore and plays in an uncompetitive league, there is very little upside in picking him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Pelle has only been called up because of his important role in Conte's squad, Ventura probably didn't want to change anything too quickly after taking over.

He hasn't been called up for the recent one either, and I'd expect him to be out permanently from here on out as well.
Agree 100%, Pellè made it easy for Ventura to discard him. Still, if he is going to use 4-2-4 I wouldn't completely throw away the option of a big target man.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I saw both his games for the federation title and also the game of his lost final, and well he seemed not good enought tbh.

Maybe his levels lowered after all.

Mar 3, 2014
He was very bad in the final. I think he was hurt. He has been off since his mid-season injury or since Conte rejected him for Euro...both around the same time. Although he had a few awesome games right after not being called.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Motherfuckers using 100 words just just say these two simple words. He choked. :rofl: Jewbinco couldn't seal it in MLS in his prime :touched: what was it? 18g19a ? :rofl:
Cansaboi @ZoSo
I dont know where he can go next, he went to the MLS at such a young age but what when he becomes shit even there? Retire at 30? Does the MLS have a development league like the NBA, maybe he could be shipped out to Torontos minor club

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Agent: 'Giovinco offer from China'
Football Italia10 Minutes Ago

Comments
Sebastian Giovinco “has received an important offer from China and we’ll talk to Toronto to decide what to do,” said his agent.

The Italy international has been in Canada since February 2015 and is arguably one of the best players in Major League Soccer.

“The Chinese club seems to be very interested, but I don’t think it’ll be easy to take him away from Toronto,” agent Andrea D’Amico told Sky Sport Italia.

“We received an important offer from China and we’ll talk to Toronto to decide, along with Sebastian, what to do.”

Giovinco had said moving to MLS at such a young age was also a lifestyle choice, but the money on offer in China at the moment is extraordinary.

The Atomic Ant turns 30 on Thursday.

Zzak

Sep 11, 2014
Giovinco 'hard to say no' to China
By Football Italia staff

Sebastian Giovinco turned down Barcelona last year and has “two offers from China that would be hard to say no to,” confirmed the Toronto star’s agent.

The Italy international is one of the best players in MLS, but the future could well be even further afield.

“We’ve received concrete proposals from two Chinese clubs, which then have to be passed on to Toronto,” agent Andrea D’Amico told Mediaset Premium this evening.

“When faced with certain figures, it’s hard to say no… The figures mentioned are far beyond Sebastian’s current wages and that’s an issue because the career of a professional football player is not that long.

“It’ll be tough to take him away from Toronto, though.”

D’Amico revealed Giovinco had turned down a very prestigious option not long ago.

“In January 2016, the Barcelona directors came to Milan with the intention of signing Giovinco on loan, but Sebastian said no. Toronto would not have let him go either. He was brought in to help grow the club, as proved this year when he gave a dream to the Italian fans in Canada.”

Can't believe he turned down Barcelona. He could have been the new Messi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)