Sebastian Giovinco (5 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
:p yeah I doubt it too

If a near-40 Cuauhtémoc Blanco teared the league, I can't imagine what will Gio do there. IMO GK tend to suck real hard in the MLS for some reason. I can't comment on defenses. MLS teams can't stand next to Mexican teams, and there's a serious distance between Mexican teams and European teams.
I'm imagining it'll be like when you sign a cheat player to your PES 2005 Master League? Everything goes through him and he ends up with 100 goals in a season.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
why won't more guys in their mid 20's go get the big money over there? I mean, if you're running around between teams like Torino, Chievo and Cagliari for 1m a year you should probably look towards MLS or Middle East and they'd probably give you way more money while you're in your prime.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
to be fair is wright philips is tearing $#@! with NY Red bulls there is no reason why giovinco wont
:D and its not even Shaun

I'm imagining it'll be like when you sign a cheat player to your PES 2005 Master League? Everything goes through him and he ends up with 100 goals in a season.
Probably, yes. Wouldn't be surprised to see him as the top scorer. Not next year when El Cubo returns to the MLS tho :cool:

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
why won't more guys in their mid 20's go get the big money over there? I mean, if you're running around between teams like Torino, Chievo and Cagliari for 1m a year you should probably look towards MLS or Middle East and they'd probably give you way more money while you're in your prime.
BC these players aim towards joining a big european club instead. Playing CL is every players dream.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
BC these players aim towards joining a big european club instead. Playing CL is every players dream.
same can't be said about Giovinco though... he can't look forward to internationals appearances at this point of career or a big role in a big club at 30ish even if he did really well for 2-3 years at a lower-table European club.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I have no doubt he will do well in the MLS.

But I have to admit I'm disappointed in his ambition, he could easily play for a Fiorentina or other Europa league challenging club in numerous leagues and be one of their best players. As a lifestyle choice he is probably making a nice choice but as a professional he has chosen the easy option.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I have no doubt he will do well in the MLS.

But I have to admit I'm disappointed in his ambition, he could easily play for a Fiorentina or other Europa league challenging club in numerous leagues and be one of their best players. As a lifestyle choice he is probably making a nice choice but as a professional he has chosen the easy option.
i like to think he didn't choose fiorentina so he wouldn't be insulted by our fans :D

Mar 3, 2014
In north american we typically express salaries gross rather than net. With Ontario's progressive tax system, his effective rate will approach 46%. So I'd be curious to the accuracy of the figures. Does the 7 million USD cited by the media refer to a 7 million USD gross salary? This would translate to 8.39 million CAD gross. The appropriate a tax rate would probably be about 45% (the first 100k or so with be taxed at lower rates), which is ~4.61 CAD million Net or 3.33 million EUR net. His current contract is ~2.8 million EUR net. So that's only a ~.5 million EUR raise, assuming the numbers in the north american media are reported according to north american convention.

- - - Updated - - -

In the MLS, he might finally get the phonecall.

Considering american teams play a sort of naive but very nice to watch open style of football, he'd do well there tbh
It's like a crappy version of the championship, but with a few old skilled players who don't care. I remember Nesta would just stroll around the pitch. He was still way better than everyone else though.

Mar 3, 2014
Another thing worth noting, Toronto FC's parent organization (Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment) is owned by BCE and Rogers, which are 2 of the largest integrated telecommunications providers in the country. MLSE owns both the Toronto Maple Leafs, and the Toronto Raptors as well. That business is also insanely profitable. The organization economically can compete with most of the large clubs in the world.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Another thing worth noting, Toronto FC's parent organization (Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment) is owned by BCE and Rogers, which are 2 of the largest integrated telecommunications providers in the country. MLSE owns both the Toronto Maple Leafs, and the Toronto Raptors as well. That business is also insanely profitable. The organization economically can compete with most of the large clubs in the world.
The Maple Leafs alone are worth over a billion dollars, which for an NHL Franchise is insane.

Of course, they fucking suck, but hey :D

(Habs fan here)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)