Sebastian Giovinco (44 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
If he plays well every time he is called upon, why isn't he being called upon semi-regularly?

Conte after the first year, and now Allegri don't play him.

Theories, anyone?
IMO it is, and always has been.. that in the 442, 352 or any formation that requires him to be a SS...he will suck major balls.

In the last 10 years or so, Juventus have never used a wingers based system..which seems to be the ONLY type of formation in which he can deliver his goods. yeh, we had Camo who was a hell of a winger... but in general our system was not winger based.

As a result , i think he grew frustrated and is the half player he is now.

I don't hate him, but I don't think he "almost always performs". The man has like 20 goals in 130 appearances. Last year in Serie A he had what, 3 goals and 2 assists in 30 appearances in all competitions? He is a very frustrating player to watch, because even though you know what he is capable of, sometimes he will perform, but most of the times he won't. Especially last year he didn't seem to be able to do anything right.

And I don't think people remember too well. Gio's first season under Conte (which was Conte's second in the Juve bench) was his best. He had the most goals and most playtime. His second season under Conte (last season) was godawful.
Evenin his first season he wasnt all that...because Conte was using him as an SS which proved to be not good for him. He got numbers because he played a lot in the first half of the season...then Conte thought he was bad and forgot about him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Cause both Conte and Allegri only use him when the opponent is weak enough, we needed rotation, and its a coppa game.

Llorente, while beeing an oak these days, has 50x his composure
Tevez has 500x his talent
Morata is younger and better in everything apart from freekicks
Not even close, man. Llorente has lost ALL confidence.

Dec 24, 2012
Honestly lets talk in minutes as his mainly been the bench player and give 10-15 mins off bench is hardly an appearance even though I admit it still counts as one.

Gio is ok but that's all, I agree with the lot of them that he his mentally fucked sadly.
Sure, no quarrel with talking in actual minutes, it's a better indicator. It might be going into a little too much detail and stats of course don't mean everything, but anyway.

Last year totals: In Serie A, 565 minutes, 2 goals, 1 assist. 6 starting appearances, 11 as a substitute. Champions League: 38 minutes as a sub in the CL over 4 appearances, nothing of note. Europa League 252 minutes in 7 appearances (2 as a starter), 2 assists. Couldn't find details about Coppa but 2 appearances, 1 goal.

In all very unimpressive totals. If you watched him in any matches, he just seemed lost and ineffectual. Couldn't get anything right except in very rare occasions where he would make the right decision to pass instead of to try for a solo goal.

That's why I don't think "performs most of the time" is very accurate.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Sure, no quarrel with talking in actual minutes, it's a better indicator. It might be going into a little too much detail and stats of course don't mean everything, but anyway.

Last year totals: In Serie A, 565 minutes, 2 goals, 1 assist. 6 starting appearances, 11 as a substitute. Champions League: 38 minutes as a sub in the CL over 4 appearances, nothing of note. Europa League 252 minutes in 7 appearances (2 as a starter), 2 assists. Couldn't find details about Coppa but 2 appearances, 1 goal.
Fair enough 565 minutes sounds like a lot of time but when you split it by 90 it comes to around 6 full matches, adulterated.

By the way thanks for effort in pulling the stats. :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)