Sebastian Giovinco (39 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
What i like is that is annoying agent finally has stopped his stupid "giovinco is a high value juventus player and must play " comments.

"we'll see in june" it is now.

Cmon Marotta, sell in januari and make him eat his words

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
i saw the comments in the last pages and all i see is " after one game " " one game doesn't change " is this a troll ? cause this is beyond sanity.. this guy always been benched for no good reason. while some excuse of players play week in week out. the guy most of the time deliver and then get $#@!ed in the ass.. i believe that the brainwashing not just on the tv media its on the web here too. as Giovinco has always been a top quality player who is stupid enough to waste his career playing for us.
Yup.
I dont think he is Top quality, but he is indeed a good player. He is fooked mentally now, but it is in big part our blame. Dont let anyone say otherwise.

He gets way too much stick here because of one stupid comment he said about Del Piero ages ago. It all started there. Then he tried to come back with the best intentions to redeem himself and got crucified by everyone and fooked up by conte´s formation.

His agent doesnt help, as he see his client frustrated and wants to support him at all cost. it hass been discussed here numerous times, but Giovinco is not the useless player peole say he is. Also he is not destined to JUSTplay good in provincial sides. Thats a stupid comment.

- - - Updated - - -

Hed be a top player for verona.

Lets hope the game encourages them to make the purchase
What i like is that is annoying agent finally has stopped his stupid "giovinco is a high value juventus player and must play " comments.

"we'll see in june" it is now.

Cmon Marotta, sell in januari and make him eat his words
This s the kind of blind hate im talking about.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Its not blind hate. Giovinco is just a poor player that is useless against everything that isnt shitty.

Oh yeah he scored twice. One was a freekick allmost in the middle of the goal, the other was a tap in wich was defended quite horribly bad.

Sorry, i've seen him play on the wing, and failed miserably each time we faced a decent serie a team.

- He has no vision
- He has no way of keeping hold of the ball
- He has 0 knowledge of where to dribble
- He very rarely gets past his marker
- His composure is dramatical
- His offensive output is mediocre, and he has a negative defensive impact wich doesnt really compensates it but makes it worse

I'm sorry, but midfielders backing up a player defensively, that has shit for offensive output ? No.

Its time giovinco goes to a lower team, that mostly plays on the counter

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
i saw the comments in the last pages and all i see is " after one game " " one game doesn't change " is this a troll ? cause this is beyond sanity.. this guy always been benched for no good reason. while some excuse of players play week in week out.
You mean like Carlos Tevez? That's the reason Giovinco (and Coman) is not playing.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Its not blind hate. Giovinco is just a poor player that is useless against everything that isnt shitty.

Oh yeah he scored twice. One was a freekick allmost in the middle of the goal, the other was a tap in wich was defended quite horribly bad.

Sorry, i've seen him play on the wing, and failed miserably each time we faced a decent serie a team.

- He has no vision
- He has no way of keeping hold of the ball
- He has 0 knowledge of where to dribble
- He very rarely gets past his marker
- His composure is dramatical
- His offensive output is mediocre, and he has a negative defensive impact wich doesnt really compensates it but makes it worse

I'm sorry, but midfielders backing up a player defensively, that has shit for offensive output ? No.

Its time giovinco goes to a lower team, that mostly plays on the counter
Disagree. Because of him, he got himself into position twice that led to him being fouled resulting in two goals: his free kick and a PK. He isn't as bad as many seem to think he is. He almost always finds a way to contribute to the cause.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
He's not a player good enough for a top flight club.

And actually the fact he's been rotting deep on the bench for 3 years now and still doesn't want to go away says a lot about his ambitions and his mentality.

I think he'd fit like a glove for a Fiorentina-like club.

But for Juve, he just can't handle it. He lacks the needed mental strength, toughness and self confidence.

Despite all that, he could have been somewhat useful as a backup winger. But now it's too late... just let him go in June.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
How can anyone say he lacks the confidence when he does well when called upon? He almost always performs.
From the little he has played he has always impressed me when he comes on. Not his fault Conte played him as a striker for a whole season when his best position is out on the wing and then lost all faith in him because he didn't perform in a position that didn't suit him.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
From the little he has played he has always impressed me when he comes on. Not his fault Conte played him as a striker for a whole season when his best position is out on the wing and then lost all faith in him because he didn't perform in a position that didn't suit him.
:agree:

To be fair he has done well the majority of times when called upon for quite a while. His first season under Conte was terrible though.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:agree:

To be fair he has done well the majority of times when called upon for quite a while. His first season under Conte was terrible though.
Gentlemen. :tup:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If he plays well every time he is called upon, why isn't he being called upon semi-regularly?

Conte after the first year, and now Allegri don't play him.

Theories, anyone?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
If he plays well every time he is called upon, why isn't he being called upon semi-regularly?

Conte after the first year, and now Allegri don't play him.

Theories, anyone?
Cause both Conte and Allegri only use him when the opponent is weak enough, we needed rotation, and its a coppa game.

Llorente, while beeing an oak these days, has 50x his composure
Tevez has 500x his talent
Morata is younger and better in everything apart from freekicks

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
He scored a nice free kick and had a decent finish in front of goal. I didn't really see anything all that different from the usual Giovinco. He still produced his customary awful shot attempts with teammates waiting on a couple different occasions.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
but in all honesty its about balance and compromises

See, when players add so little in the defensive department, in giovinco's case a negative number, they need to make up for it.
Messi,Hazard, Gotze, .... all add absolutely nothing defensively. But their endproduct is so damn good, that the coach just compensates by limiting other players so they can play at their best.

In a 433 we got a midfield of 3 of Pogba, Marchisio, Vidal, Pirlo. Players who are significantly better then Giovinco. Why would they have to be limited offensively to balance out giovinco's total lack in the defensive department ?

Every single moderately succesfull 433 had wingers to fear. its THE feature of the team. Seriously, Giovinco LW ? PAUL POGBA beeing limited to compensate for Giovinco, are you fucking kidding me ????

Thats why he never plays. He offers far to little.

Dec 24, 2012
I don't hate him, but I don't think he "almost always performs". The man has like 20 goals in 130 appearances. Last year in Serie A he had what, 3 goals and 2 assists in 30 appearances in all competitions? He is a very frustrating player to watch, because even though you know what he is capable of, sometimes he will perform, but most of the times he won't. Especially last year he didn't seem to be able to do anything right.

And I don't think people remember too well. Gio's first season under Conte (which was Conte's second in the Juve bench) was his best. He had the most goals and most playtime. His second season under Conte (last season) was godawful.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He scored a nice free kick and had a decent finish in front of goal. I didn't really see anything all that different from the usual Giovinco. He still produced his customary awful shot attempts with teammates waiting on a couple different occasions.
I wasn't going to be so negative but I thought his free kick was easily saveable, however his movement was good on his second goal. General play was standard Giovinco, always looks dangerous but pretty mixed result. Standard game from him.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I don't hate him, but I don't think he "almost always performs". The man has like 20 goals in 130 appearances. Last year in Serie A he had what, 3 goals and 2 assists in 30 appearances in all competitions?
Honestly lets talk in minutes as his mainly been the bench player and give 10-15 mins off bench is hardly an appearance even though I admit it still counts as one.

Gio is ok but that's all, I agree with the lot of them that he his mentally fucked sadly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)