Sebastian Giovinco (6 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's been said before but Gio can't play as striker. He gets pushed around and falls way to easily. No referee in the world would give foul to some of the tackles that knock our little striker down.
True, although to be fair this is a little of 'the boy who cried wolf' with him, because first half he was fouled 2-3 times clearly by Rodriguez (who looked like a lumbering idiot) from behind, but because it takes nothing to knock him over, and overly conservative refereeing, there was nothing given.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I hope he does well every time he's on the pitch and I cant remember the ladt time I was not dissapointed. He brings nothing to our game, ither than the usual losing a physical duel and getting a foul. And the "he needs to play in wide positions" argument isnt holding water anymore. I counted 8 opportunities where he got the ball in a wide poisition with his front towards goal, he didnt beat his man once, he didnt even get a cross in most of the time. If I have any patience left for this guy its running out.

Apr 15, 2006
What is taking a good shot if its not creating danger? Go home Sheij, youre drunk again.
Clutching at straws, really. Still, if you wanna consider that "creating danger", then Gio certainly did more. That shot on goal(the move started from him btw), the corner kick that led to the goal, and earned free kick that Tevez wasted. That's 3 as opposed to Vucinic's 2. Zach's statement is wrong.

Also, I AM HOME, BITCH! :andy2:

Golazo

★ ★ ★
Sep 1, 2011
Sadly, his best position is sitting behind the strikers in a trequa-type role. He'll never hit his potential playing as an SS or wide attacker.

Gotta employ the best formation for the squad, though.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Thought Giovinco did okay in that game.

Was making good runs in the first half in the spaces between Torino's central defenders which was the only way Juve looked liked getting in behind Torino and into dangerous situation.

Also did better than he tended to last season in recieving the ball with his back to goal, though this wasn't terribly apparent as the referee was allowing the Torino defenders to foul him to win the ball.

Only real criticism would be how poor an effort he made at the only clear chance he got.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Giovinco is the kind of player that should be going at the defence with the ball but if you watch him play 95% of the game he has his back to the goal or is trying to stand in line with the opponents defence when we have the ball. That's just not the type of player he is, he should be playing more like Insigne, where he could drop down or to the flank and go at the defence to create something and not used like he's Inzaghi or Trezeguet.

Apr 15, 2006
Giovinco is the kind of player that should be going at the defence with the ball but if you watch him play 95% of the game he has his back to the goal or is trying to stand in line with the opponents defence when we have the ball. That's just not the type of player he is, he should be playing more like Insigne, where he could drop down or to the flank and go at the defence to create something and not used like he's Inzaghi or Trezeguet.
I really wonder why Conte asks him to play like that? It simply doesn't bring the best out of him. He's wasted in a 3-5-2 when playing like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)