Sebastian Giovinco (10 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Does it annoy you that Giovinco will be with us longer than Quag?
:confused: If we sell him in 2014, he will have spent less seasons with us :p

- - - Updated - - -

If nothing materializes from them, then it's Pirlo's fault, not Gio's. Anything that gives us a better chance to score a goal is a good thing, so his ability to draw fouls is helpful. Your dismissal of this only shows your bias against him. Hypocrite!
You make it sound as if he is getting us penalties; the chances of scoring from a free kick are significantly less. It also depends on where exactly the free kick is earned. Your nearer to goal assessment is vague and undefined. Is it central, or closer to one of the edges of the penalty area, or perhaps nearer to the corner flag? Hence, in your lack of clarity, you are being purposefully misleading, thus highlighting your bias ;)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
:howler: The difference is much more than that. You are blinded by stats and your bias for Giovinco, it is unbelievable. JoJo is the superior player in every aspect. He has better ball control, ability to find team mates, vision, physical presence, and a more powerful shot.
Notice how I never said Giovinco had a good season or that he should even start or be given another shot as our starting SS. I acknowledge the fact that he's not good enough to start for us, I'm not unreasonable that way. But you on the other hand think Jovetic is gods gift to earth and that we should sign him for all of that money.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I think Jovetic is immensely talented, and has massive potential; he could easily become our best player in the attacking department. He needs a change of scenery, the motivation/stimulus that a big club provides for him to truly thrive. He wants to be fighting for titles. Moreover, he is still only 23, whereas your boy Giovinco is already 26.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
I think Jovetic is immensely talented, and has massive potential; he could easily become our best player in the attacking department. He needs a change of scenery, the motivation/stimulus that a big club provides for him to truly thrive. He wants to be fighting for titles. Moreover, he is still only 23, whereas your boy Giovinco is already 26.
Nedved arrived at Juve aged 27.. Giovinco turned 26 this year

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Nedved was already an awesome player for Lazio and the Czech Republic @ Euro 96, when he was only 24. Oh, and he arrived @ Juventus aged 29, not 27.

Nedved is a legend, and Giovinco is a nobody. Next!

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Nedved was already an awesome player for Lazio and the Czech Republic @ Euro 96, when he was only 24. Oh, and he arrived @ Juventus aged 29, not 27.

Nedved is a legend, and Giovinco is a nobody. Next!
I consider myself too young to this time of players, but I still prove a point. The fact that he was 29 only underlines that Giovinco is still "young". Im not comparing Giovinco to Nedved in terms of class, only in terms of age - and the potential legacy Giovinco still has left being just 26 years old.

Apr 15, 2006
:confused: If we sell him in 2014, he will have spent less seasons with us :p

- - - Updated - - -

You make it sound as if he is getting us penalties; the chances of scoring from a free kick are significantly less. It also depends on where exactly the free kick is earned. Your nearer to goal assessment is vague and undefined. Is it central, or closer to one of the edges of the penalty area, or perhaps nearer to the corner flag? Hence, in your lack of clarity, you are being purposefully misleading, thus highlighting your bias ;)
I disagree. Central or not, it's still is a set piece close to the opposition goal. Pirlo taking the free kicks IMO significantly increases our chances of scoring a goal. Set pieces are vital in a game where the opponents park the bus and getting shots on goal is tough. So his contribution is meaningful. You're still dishonestly trying to downplay the significance of this, thus highlighting your bias. Again.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I disagree. Central or not, it's still is a set piece close to the opposition goal. Pirlo taking the free kicks IMO significantly increases our chances of scoring a goal. Set pieces are vital in a game where the opponents park the bus and getting shots on goal is tough. So his contribution is meaningful. You're still dishonestly trying to downplay the significance of this, thus highlighting your bias. Again.
Let's agree to disagree then. This is going nowhere fast. You aren't going to convince me of your viewpoint, and I sure as hell don't have the patience to argue with you :p

- - - Updated - - -

I consider myself too young to this time of players, but I still prove a point. The fact that he was 29 only underlines that Giovinco is still "young". Im not comparing Giovinco to Nedved in terms of class, only in terms of age - and the potential legacy Giovinco still has left being just 26 years old.
Nedved was already a superstar before arriving @ Juventus. He is a Lazio legend as well. Giovinco will amount to nothing, and I don't need to wait a couple more years to see that. He doesn't have the mental strength/temperament, willpower, or ability to succeed at the highest level.

Nedved had an awesome shot, was tireless (intense work rate), couldn't easily be bullied off the ball, had the mindset and heart of a champion, and a never say die attitude.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)