Sebastian Giovinco (7 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Beautiful finish, a really well taken goal. Great to see him get a nice one, our club needs Giovinco to be productive down the stretch; hopefully this will give his confidence a boost.

Nov 17, 2012
I've read most of the comments in the last couple of pages, and its really sad that this guy gets so much $#@! from Juve fans.

He really doesn't deserve that. He's the kind of player that adds quality to any side, and even though he's not our best player, nor is he a clinical finisher, he has a lot to offer.

What really sucks is that if seba actually does have a chance of playing a lot better, and give us a much better chance at winning; the fans are making it a whole lot harder for him. We all know how important confidence is in football and how it can and has turned otherwise talented players into under-performing mediocre ones.
Much the same can be said about Quag, and he has scored the same number of goals (albeit mostly more decisive and important ones); and yet I would go so far to say that most Gio fans would loathe Quag (and by and large vice versa). Quag, compared to Gio, has a knack of popping up with a goal or two even when his confidence isn't 100% (that goal against Chelsea and his double vs Chievo were scored at a point where Quag was no where near the top of the pecking order, and was coming back from a difficult 18 months both personally and professionally), the difference his he is a much better shooter, possesses both bundles of self-belief, imagination and has that slight insanity that no other striker in this team possesses, but no, give him limited minutes, and then eventually sell him. Whilst Giovinco becomes a an ok, occasional good striker that hits the back of the net every so often while sending innumerable shots into the heavens..

So if Gio doesn't deserve it, neither does Quag.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I am against jeering any player, even ones as useless as Molinaro, Motta, or Amauri. However, I reiterate that Giovinco is nowhere near good enough to be starting for this team, and should be a bench option at best. If he wants to get more playing time to guarantee his participation in the upcoming WC, then he is probably better off going somewhere else.

I don't hate Gio, and I was happy that he scored because it gave us a 2 goal cushion, but I don't really like him as a player either.

nemnem

Jan 21, 2012
He needs a offside training. Is there any offside statistic? I think he would be sure on top of it. In some replays you can see him even move with the defence but always a half meter up front. Somehow he can't see it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)