Sebastian Giovinco (35 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Fans who jeer should play and score like that if they think it's that easy. That too when you're vertically challenge. Moan all you want, but if the player is running his heart out and trying to do what he's paid for, then he deserves better from those in the home stands.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Misunderstood your post.

I hate it when our players are jeered. Vucinic was booed off aswell, bunch of $#@!ing ingrates.
of course. i have no problem with criticism ,and giovinco deserves plenty of it. and the arguemtns for selling him are justified but ffs peopel stop insulting and jeering him. you are not helping the cause.

Goodfella

Nov 11, 2012
Fans who jeer should play and score like that if they think it's that easy. That too when you're vertically challenge. Moan all you want, but if the player is running his heart out and trying to do what he's paid for, then he deserves better from those in the home stands.
You're right and all that, but when you see their wages and what they have to do to get it, the sympathy simply goes out of the window.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Booing your own players when they're not doing well is retarded. WTF is that supposed to do, help them do better?

And inb4 some smart ass makes a comparison.. it's not the same as criticizing them on an internet forum.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Tbh he is not good enough to play as a striker. He wants to be one, but he simply isn't.
Bad game, good goal, more like.
Good goal, meh performance.

However, what really matters for his fanboys is that he padded his stat sheet so they can shove it in the face of the haters come season's end and say something like "Gio had 13 goals and 8 assists this season, and he wasn't even a starter."
I simply don't rate him as a player, and would sell if we got a half decent offer. I was obviously happy that he scored, as it meant we went 2-0 up, but he was a nuisance for our team, particularly in the 1'st half where he was offside 4-5 times and got in the way of that 1-2 exchange between Vuci and Marchisio. His goal came at an opportune moment for the team, and it was decisive. However, his performance was very average.

As for Trez, he could be very frustrating and anonymous at times, but he was clinical and decisive in front of goal more often than not. Trez was also a scorer/finisher first and foremost. He wasn't required to contribute to the overall play. If you want to compare Gio to someone, compare him to all the SS's out there, not the forwards. In that respect, and compared to others who play his position, he is very average.
what an asshole, silencing his own team's fans?

they are also wrong to be booing him but that is even worse.
I thought only this forum disliked him. :rolleyes:
The Stat Padding was an exaggeration, and I meant that the fanboys (not necessarily you, as you seem more objective than most) would use it to defend and support Giovinco against the doubters/haters. His contribution today, in spite of his poor first half, was invaluable.
Stat wise he had one good season, but he played nearly every game, took all penalties all freekicks and every corner.
For me the problem is partially the fanboys.

Like, the many previous games, he was atrocious, and considering what he said in the past and that he HAS to step up and become decisive, that is very bad.

This game, he started with that good low shot, then faded out and was below average for most of the game BUT scored that freekick, albeit it had luck in it. Nonetheless its a goal that wasent "bad defending" like most his previous ones, this was a well taken goal.

Thing is, i am reluctant to say this, because of the fanboys. i stated that i followed nzoric in saying he had a poor game but a weltaken goal.
But then they want to get the argument going, like this suddenly whipes our recent memory. it doesnt.

He has MUCH to prove, and i hope this goal can be the start.
lol

- - - Updated - - -

Loving these 10 or 11 goals and 7 or 8 assists the boy is padding his Wikipedia with. :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Almost a goal for every assist.

Inb4 the "indecisive" excuses come.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
jeering our own players? does it remind of you a classless club like milan who jeered their legends sea dwarf and dinosauor maldini doesn't it

remember when you guys laughed at milan fans and called them classless for doing that? well most of you are insulting our own player now.

ahmed, nzoric, b81, zach, dominic, radekes..etc.
So Seedorf & Maldini are to Milan what Giovinco is to Juventus? :howler:

Jun 13, 2007
Giovinco is not a great player. He's not Del Piero, and never will be. That's a fact.

Giovinco is our top scorer this season, and is probably one of the more technically gifted players on the side. I've read most of the comments in the last couple of pages, and its really sad that this guy gets so much shit from Juve fans.

He really doesn't deserve that. He's the kind of player that adds quality to any side, and even though he's not our best player, nor is he a clinical finisher, he has a lot to offer.

What really sucks is that if seba actually does have a chance of playing a lot better, and give us a much better chance at winning; the fans are making it a whole lot harder for him. We all know how important confidence is in football and how it can and has turned otherwise talented players into underperforming mediocre ones.

It would be a lot more constructive, classy, and admirable if we all show support to one of our own and leave the cynical criticism to the media. It's their job, not ours to make our team worse than it can be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)