Sebastian Giovinco (10 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
Sebastian Giovinco is in no rush to sign a new contract at Juventus – but he insists he wants to stay at the club for the rest of his career.

The Italian, contracted until 2015, returned to Turin in the summer after two years at Parma and he doesn’t fancy another transfer.

“When you go your separate ways, it is only normal for you to give your best,” he told the Corriere dello Sport.

“I did that for Parma and I’m happy I did, but now I’m back in black and white and I want to stay here for a long time.

“There is no hurry to sign a renewal, but Juventus are the best you can get and it is my desire to stay here.

“I’ll be 26 in January, where do you want me to go next?”

Giovinco is now starting to make a difference for the Bianconeri after struggling to silence his critics initially.

“The fact is that technical ability is not enough,” he added. “What counts is application, seriousness, respect for rules.

“What is in your head can be decisive and a strong character also helps…

“It’s only normal that there is increased pressure when you play for a big club. And criticism is part of the game.

“Boss Antonio Conte has faith in me and that was important. The Coach is always ready to support any player.”

Giovinco has scored five goals in 16 League appearances. He also has two Champions League goals and a strike in the Coppa Italia.
:hi:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
"Leaving Juventus was my decision as well, I knew I wouldn't find space in Del Neri's team and I preferred a solution that would allow me to play"

Hustini, u mad?
Mad at del neri. :tup:

It was always the clubs fault for misusing him, so why would anyone doubt a player for wanting to play.

Silly I'd expect you to get that.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
10/10 for setting you straight for the Giovinco moaning you did for two years though :D
My point still stands as it always has.

11m and 2 years wasted while we bought players like Martinez, Toni, Diego and amauri. Imagine having all that money to spend now.

So no, you haven't set me straight. Your quote has nothing to do with proving me wrong. :D

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
we played flat 4-4-2

martinez was supposed to be left winger.

amauri his first year, was better then anything giovinco ever did.

toni was a cheap backup in a crisis

both toni and amauri were used as target strikers

giovinco can play none of those positions. why dont you add goalkeepers ?

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
My point still stands as it always has.

11m and 2 years wasted while we bought players like Martinez, Toni, Diego and amauri. Imagine having all that money to spend now.

So no, you haven't set me straight. Your quote has nothing to do with proving me wrong. :D
It has everything to do with proving you wrong. Del Neri didn't know how to use Gio. The mistake wasn't to let Gio go, it was to hire Del Neri.

If Gio stayed in that Juve team, he would have been playing Serie B football for Bari now.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
Giovinvo is a good player, but we could do better. Inconsistency, and how easily he could get knocked off the ball along with average finishing are not good enough to start for Juventus. Jovetic or Suarez are the answer for the second striker/trequartesta position.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)