Sebastian Giovinco (126 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Vucinic can't play on the right of the 3 man attack, and Conte will not use 3 offensive players there for exteneded periods of time, we could play like that if we are desperate for a result ( Siena's game ).
I'd like to think Conte's is waiting for Pepe to give the 4-3-3 a try.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
They can. They won't be as effective as on the left wing since they're both right legged. They can dribble both ways, so the RW would just go down to the touchline and cross instead of dribbling into the penalty box. I would prefer Giovinco on the RW over Vuci because he's faster and has a larger chance of beating his man down the line.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Neither Vuci, nor Gio are good crossers, they rarely dribble going to the inside, they dribble going to the right when playing on the left. They'll have harder time beating there man playin on the RW.
Neither one of them played there in his carrer.
When playing the 3 man MF, you need a CF, a SS plaing on the wing and a Class winger. That's the best setup, you get more balance offensively and defensively.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
شيزيو;3890445 said:
Neither Vuci, nor Gio are good crossers, they rarely dribble going to the inside, they dribble going to the right when playing on the left. They'll have harder time beating there man playin on the RW.
Neither one of them played there in his carrer.
When playing the 3 man MF, you need a CF, a SS plaing on the wing and a Class winger. That's the best setup, you get more balance offensively and defensively.
Exactly what I said, less effective but doable. I'd rather have Giovinco play as RW in a 4-3-3 than see him play as a striker in the 3-5-2 again.

RAMI¹⁰;3890446 said:
Vuci, no... Gio I'm not sure he can.
Vuci can, Gio can better when it comes to this position. Switching flanks isn't all that complicated in a fluid formation like our 4-3-3 .

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Really Cheesio, crossing is one of Gio's best assets. The fact that they are more dangerous cutting in doesnt mean they arent capable crossers. They would be more predictable on the right yeah, give more headache to defenders if you can punish them more with your prefered foot. But main reason we wouldnt see such a 4-3-3 is due to balance.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Really Cheesio, crossing is one of Gio's best assets. The fact that they are more dangerous cutting in doesnt mean they arent capable crossers. They would be more predictable on the right yeah, give more headache to defenders if you can punish them more with your prefered foot. But main reason we wouldnt see such a 4-3-3 is due to balance.
That's the only real argument against using either of them on the RW. :agree: Still I think Giovinco would be better because he does offer more workload than the Voustache :D

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Gio has a great right foot and the way i see it is that he'isn't a capable crosser if someone is close to him, similar to the problem Pepe has. He's definetely a better crosser than Vuci but it doesn't mean much.

Vuci/Gio----CF----Nani/Pedro is the most ideal setup i can imagine.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
شيزيو;3890458 said:
Gio has a great right foot and the way i see it is that he'isn't a capable crosser if someone is close to him, similar to the problem Pepe has. He's definetely a better crosser than Vuci but it doesn't mean much.

Vuci/Gio----CF----Nani/Pedro is the most ideal setup i can imagine.
:D

the proximity of defenders to him defines how well his cross turns out to be? fuck, that's got to suck if you're a professional football player :lol:

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
You are really dumb, for example Pepe is a great crosser if no one is near him, his lift is great, the power and the effect. But when a defender is near him he can't get it by him.

I'm sure you never played football in your life.

- - - Updated - - -

Gio is quite a good crosser, early on I remember being quite impressed with how he was able to cross with minimal space.
Maybe maybe not, Still he can't play on the RW.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
شيزيو;3890471 said:
You are really dumb, for example Pepe is a great crosser if no one is near him, his lift is great, the power and the effect. But when a defender is near him he can't get it by him.

I'm sure you never played football in your life.
And again you're wrong. :D

- - - Updated - - -

شيزيو;3890471 said:
Maybe maybe not, Still he can't play on the RW.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
شيزيو;3890477 said:
I'm not, with that body of yours :lol:

Maybe you played with the girls team.
Are you doing this on purpose? Yesterday I made an example of how you would call me fat after you ran out of arguments and today you do it ! :cronios:

I did play a bit with the girls, but that was purely recreational :) . I don't have to explain to you which level of football I've played because you wont believe it anyway.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Pepe is not a great scorer, he can hit it with decent basic technique, but pretty much never aims them, or he is trying and fails, mainly hits it in a general area. Gio is pretty precise with his crossing, and doesnt need much space to take them, seems to prefer crossing in movement, just after turning/bursting past a defender or switching balance to other foot most of the time. Basic case in point scenario:

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
edit: nice job at derailing the thread from the simple fact that you're wrong yet again. Will you ever get it right, that is the question.

- - - Updated - - -

Pepe is not a great scorer, he can hit it with decent basic technique, but pretty much never aims them, or he is trying and fails, mainly hits it in a general area. Gio is pretty precise with his crossing, and doesnt need much space to take them, seems to prefer crossing in movement, just after turning/bursting past a defender or switching balance to other foot most of the time. Basic case in point scenario:

[Cheesio] even if everything I said is wrong, he's still not a good crosser [/Cheesio]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 124)