Sebastian Giovinco (32 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Thought he was good when he came on and added directness. He really needs to lift his head in scoring positions though, he could have played in Quag on once occassion.

I guess we play him furthest up to try and get in behind (where he did well at Parma) and stretch the game. Maybe they think he will be outmuscled if he comes too deep. I think we should just let him float in between the two positions and find space.

Inglip

Jul 29, 2011
WΏΏdy;3883332 said:
Dont think he has EVER won a long ball, or a header, definitely cant expect him to outmuscle a man, any man. Its a big handicap.
Thats why the other players (Bonucci) shouldn't give him long balls

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Did alright when he came on, looked bright and had flashbacks of his early CL cameo(s). Then ended up playing as the CF, which is still one of the funniest sights in football.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Thought he was good when he came on and added directness. He really needs to lift his head in scoring positions though, he could have played in Quag on once occassion.

I guess we play him furthest up to try and get in behind (where he did well at Parma) and stretch the game. Maybe they think he will be outmuscled if he comes too deep. I think we should just let him float in between the two positions and find space.
His pressure was good when he came on but once again we were left with two unconventional strikers out there, it didn't help Gio.

May 22, 2007
I was thinking about him (in a totally homosexual way) earlier, and what we could do. I've said it a few times, I don't like how close he's playing to the back line, or the way that he's sometimes having to perform as a centre forward when partnering Vučinić or Quag, because they both drift around a lot as well. The forwards haven't linked up well this season to begin with, so I'd like to see some change.

Ideally he should be able to receive the ball, turn and then look at the defenders in front of him. That's how you're going to get the best out of him. Today we saw him challenging defenders standing at 180cm+ for headers, and I can't get my head around why they don't play to his strengths more often. On the other hand, we saw him pick up possession wide or around the midfield area a couple of times tonight and he was able to play the ball around better, instead of trying to wrestle a defender.

Basically, I don't like how he's being played in a position which requires him to play more physically than he should. I'd be very interested to see him on the left of that three man attack Juve had last season.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I was thinking about him (in a totally homosexual way) earlier, and what we could do. I've said it a few times, I don't like how close he's playing to the back line, or the way that he's sometimes having to perform as a centre forward when partnering Vučinić or Quag, because they both drift around a lot as well. The forwards haven't linked up well this season to begin with, so I'd like to see some change.

Ideally he should be able to receive the ball, turn and then look at the defenders in front of him. That's how you're going to get the best out of him. Today we saw him challenging defenders standing at 180cm+ for headers, and I can't get my head around why they don't play to his strengths more often. On the other hand, we saw him pick up possession wide or around the midfield area a couple of times tonight and he was able to play the ball around better, instead of trying to wrestle a defender.

Basically, I don't like how he's being played in a position which requires him to play more physically than he should. I'd be very interested to see him on the left of that three man attack Juve had last season.
:tup: or at least as the SS in the pairing.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

:tup:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Our pairings are wrong. We should play Gio-Matri and Vuci-Quag. Gio-Quag is too forced, and even if Gio plays with one of Quag or Vucinic, he needs to be SS not the last man/child.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)