Sebastian Giovinco (9 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Japp

Sep 19, 2012
Shouldn't be a starter. He can annoy defenders when they're tired, or when they aren't actually good defenders. But they'll just control when they are good and aren't tired, which would be the start of the game.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Always felt that he would be out-muscled but hoped that he would roll on the floor a bit more and win some free-kicks or penalties. Not happening at the moment; no biggy. But the annoying part was to see him running away from the ball most of the time like a striker, looking to be on the end of the final pass that never came.
This.He will need to change his strat.cause obviously this is not working....The worrysome part is that It has not changed and it seems Conte is not emphatisizing this on him.... so maybe they have not spotted the problem yet?

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Always felt that he would be out-muscled but hoped that he would roll on the floor a bit more and win some free-kicks or penalties. Not happening at the moment; no biggy. But the annoying part was to see him running away from the ball most of the time like a striker, looking to be on the end of the final pass that never came.
Meh i think he has the wrong mentality , he falls to easily and sometimes to me it looks like he searches the contact to fall and get a free kick . I mean even messi is short , but he doesn't fall so easily and has more personality , even maxi moralez , the king of garden gnomes doesn't fall so easily .

It's not that is bad to fall , but unless your name is alex del piero and you get a foul every time you fall you shouldn't do it . Del piero today would have gotten at least 15 free kicks

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Meh i think he has the wrong mentality , he falls to easily and sometimes to me it looks like he searches the contact to fall and get a free kick . I mean even messi is short , but he doesn't fall so easily and has more personality , even maxi moralez , the king of garden gnomes doesn't fall so easily .

It's not that is bad to fall , but unless your name is alex del piero and you get a foul every time you fall you shouldn't do it . Del piero today would have gotten at least 15 free kicks
Neither of those two play with their back to the opposition goal. You need a strong physique to play our system.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Neither of those two play with their back to the opposition goal. You need a strong physique to play our system.
still when a defender pushes those two they fight , on the other hand he imediatly falls , which shows no personality in my opinion

But that is only one of the wrong things he does , he tries to many first touch passes and whenever he get's the ball and controls it (which happens really rarely) he imediatly goes for goal . He thinks he still plays at parma with counter attacks and a lot of space in front of him . There is a tremendous difference between him and vucinic , vucinic is much more calmer with the ball in his legs , he makes his cut through the middle and thinks what to do , than passes or shoots or whatever . He sets the tempo of the attack . When giovinco get's the ball he imediatly starts going for goal very fast and his team mates find it difficult to link up with him because he plays in a whole other tempo compared with them , he is like in his own little world . Also in two matches in a row he has seen that defenders always anticipate him so , he should put his brain into work and start getting closer to middfield to get the ball , or go wider so he can get on one vs one with defenders and cut to the center .

If giovinco doesn't change his mentality i think there is little space for him in our team

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
The fact our midfield was really poor today didnt help any of our strikers the service was really poor. Gio will shine in games where the whole team is playing great and dominating possession. He will be much more useful running at defenders than he is with his back to goal.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
When you play two stikers who both naturally move towards the ball, it is very difficult for them to find space as the defenders can get really tight without fear of anything behind them.

It's why a team will generally have much better balance if the play with a No.10 - who will look to come short to receive the ball - and a No.9 - who will look to move away from the ball in order to push the defence back and open up space for the No.10 and the midfielders to play in.

Mar 9, 2006
When you play two stikers who both naturally move towards the ball, it is very difficult for them to find space as the defenders can get really tight without fear of anything behind them.

It's why a team will generally have much better balance if the play with a No.10 - who will look to come short to receive the ball - and a No.9 - who will look to move away from the ball in order to push the defence back and open up space for the No.10 and the midfielders to play in.
Giovinco is not ready for 352 formation, 4411, 433 4231 suits him much better

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I'm not sure that's the issue.

I don't think he's drifting around enough and Juve just aren't doing a very good job of opening up space in the areas of the pitch he wants to play in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)