Season ticket sales looking bad, again... (1 Viewer)

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
800 Against Arsenal is virtually an empty stadium, and that was CL match we were talking about. Personally, I would prefer Juve to play in Turin but the matter of fact is that our attedence has to go up. And as for Stadium, don't you think if we were American-esque franchise, local council would have to provide us with the new stadium (Otherwise we would simply move). And yeah, one of the main reason why we operate within low budget is that we are spending large part of our money in stadium redvelopment I hear. Don't you think that is a bit lame, being treated as the second ugly sister?
What do you mean with lame, Arsenal have to pay for their new stadium, nothing is free, same with Liverpool, and same with Juve's rebuild!,the attendance isnt always good, but to you who havent been there, dont you think you should calm down a bit, because its almost always alot of fans there, and they knows how to be noticed.
Juve will never move, better with low attendance than moving. Maybe not for you distant fans who dont have a close "relationship" with the stadium and Juve. But right is right, Juve will always be one of Turin's pride!.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by _Emerson ] ++

What do you mean with lame, Arsenal have to pay for their new stadium, nothing is free, same with Liverpool, and same with Juve's rebuild!,the attendance isnt always good, but to you who havent been there, dont you think you should calm down a bit, because its almost always alot of fans there, and they knows how to be noticed.
Juve will never move, better with low attendance than moving. Maybe not for you distant fans who dont have a close "relationship" with the stadium and Juve. But right is right, Juve will always be one of Turin's pride!.
Well I am certainly calm, but thank you very much.;). True, Arsenal also finance their stadium, but I believe FC is best at doing scouting, developing, buying and selling players than being invovled in the property. ANd this is only re-inforced by Arsenal going way over their budget for their new stadium. And this is so wrong about modern day football IMO. I like the fact that teams having a deep tie with the team, and being there for 100 or more years. There is something very Romantic about it. Furthermore, it also means that you don't get stupid franchise names a la Mariners, Yankees, Red Sox, Rockets, etc.:D. However, such arrangement also means that locals take the team for granted. The advantage of American franchise is that the locals have to "woo" the team, and by this it primarily means providing new stadium. Of course it involves tax-payers money, but such arrangement also means that team is there because the "fan" wants them to, and have extra incentive to look after the team.
As far as I am concerned with Stadio Delle Alpi, while I am not the most informed person in this matter so probably not in the best position to make the judgement, but the general feeling I get is that Turin Council got themselves a white elephant, and Juve being only one who could pay the money, well they are trying to make us to take part of the burden. And if I am right, the stadium issue was central reason why Juve often threated Torino council in moving the team. Personally, I do want Juve to stay in Torino, but the locals IMO has to give more support than mere 800 people like Arsenal game. And if 180 Euro for the season ticket is true - Well I think there is no excuse for the current attendence IMO. The last time I went to America, one NBA game costs more that.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++

Yeah, I'm not doubting that it circulated around the web, just wondered how reliable the source was.
yeah, it might not be that reliable... Anyway, I can remember somebody (maybe Juventino?!) posting that kind of stuff...

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
20 teams, so that means 19 home games, doesn't it?! Plus Coppa games, and I don't really know does season ticket include CL-games.... :undecide:

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003

No only you make sense!, empty stadiums?, another one who doesnt know what he is talking about.
we're not blind. we/i see loads of empty seats during games....Serie A and Champions League. Coppa Italia doesnt even worth mentioning any more. the attandence is pathetic :yuck: i wud give arms and legs to be there.... :down:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++

we're not blind. we/i see loads of empty seats during games....Serie A and Champions League. Coppa Italia doesnt even worth mentioning any more. the attandence is pathetic :yuck: i wud give arms and legs to be there.... :down:
Yeah same here. I say fock Turin, get the hell out of there Juve.

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++
20 teams, so that means 19 home games, doesn't it?! Plus Coppa games, and I don't really know does season ticket include CL-games.... :undecide:
It is only for the serie A games, not coppa italia or Champions league.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
I agree with Emerson.

Turin is a great city and Juventus will never leave, and should never leave. Last time I was there I saw a city guide (in English) and it said that Turin is world famous for three things: The Holy Shroud, Fiat, and Juventus Football Club.

The attendance is alarmingly low, however. I think the people will turn out in great numbers once the stadium is finished.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
i think we should do some investigations/surveys,sound out the public etc. and then judge the situation.there's probably more juve fans than we think,the main problem could be that of the stadium,which we'd solve by transforming it into a pure football stadium without the track and extra space around it.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
i think we should do some investigations/surveys,sound out the public etc. and then judge the situation.there's probably more juve fans than we think,the main problem could be that of the stadium,which we'd solve by transforming it into a pure football stadium without the track and extra space around it.
Yeah, I am surprised they are not doing any serveys/samples on the reasons WHY less people are attending, making us- the fans- sit and guess.

At least the size issue will be resolved- the new stadium will be English-style.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

Use your head before saying such a stupid thing, you dont know what youre talking about, Turin doesnt deserve juve???, hahaha, it was Turin and it students/citizens who founded Juve!!!!!!!.

Juve wouldnt exist if it wasnt for Turin, and then they dont deserve something they have created?.
and i'm sure all those students/citizens are still alive now attending the stadium!? :rolleyes:

helloo... these dudes are dead... the attendance rate is going down fast.

PS I don't need the history lessons from you.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
I also used to think that it was the tracks that caused the low attendace, but i dont think it's the case. A Milan fan brought it to my attention and I think he's right.. the Olimpico in Roma has a track and the standing tilt is even worse than the Delle Alpi yet Lazio and Roma fans atract way more fans than Juve.

That rules out the tracks.. as for the location, someone mentioned that it's only 15 minutes away from Torino...

any other guesses?
like you said, they must make an extensive survey...

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
i dont know why is that since juve is the most club with a fan base in italy , is the tickets expensive or what , it is embaressing to see delalpi empty while you see teams like lecce or reggina with full stadium:confused:

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++
A season ticket only costs 180 Euros? Is it just me or is that incredibly cheap?

:eek: Just 180 euros to watch all Juve games at Delle Alpi in one season?

That's incredibly cheap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)