Season may not start on august 27 ? (3 Viewers)

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
serfaraaz said:
New season delayed – official Tuesday 1 August, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Italian Football League have confirmed that the new Serie A season will now kick off on September 10.

The fresh campaign was originally scheduled to start on August 27, but that date has been deemed as unrealistic given another summer of controversy in Italian football.

Due to the various appeals with regard to the initial Calciopoli sentences and the threat of another tribunal hearing involving more clubs, the new season’s start date has been delayed by two weeks.

Serie A will start on September 10 and come to a conclusion on May 27, 2007. Serie B will begin on September 9 and end on June 10, 2007.

There will be four midweek fixtures in the First Division and four Sunday breaks in the schedule as a result of international commitments and Christmas.

The Coppa Italia will kick-off on August 19, with the two legged Finals set for April 18 and May 9, 2007.

The Italian Super Cup Final between newly crowned Italian champions Inter and Roma, last season’s Coppa runners-up, will be played on August 26.

Serie A
Starts: September 10, 2006
Ends: May 27, 2007

Midweek games:
Wednesday September 20, 2006
Wednesday October 25, 2006
Wednesday December 20, 2006
Wednesday February 28, 2007

Rest days:
Sunday October 8, 2006
Sunday December 31, 2006
Sunday January 7, 2007
Sunday March 25, 2007

Serie B
Starts: September 9, 2006
Ends: June 10, 2007
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/aug1m.html
Thanx for the information serfaraaz.:tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Italy's football season will begin two weeks late because of the fallout from the Serie A match-fixing scandal.

The top leagues will start the weekend of September 9-10 instead of August 28.

The Football League, which oversees Serie A and Serie B, postponed the start date to "allow sports justice to reach its conclusion," spokesman Manuele Tigani said.

Serie A games will kicks off on September 10, while Serie B begins September 9.

Also pushed back was the Italian Supercup between Inter Milan and Roma, which will take place on August 26 instead of August 19.

Juventus - which was stripped of its last two Serie A titles and relegated to the second division last month - appealed its punishment to the Italian Olympic Committee's arbitration court.

Fiorentina and Lazio - two other clubs sanctioned in the scandal - are also expected to appeal their punishments, including a ban from European club competition for this season.

The Olympic committee said a ruling would be issued by August 25.

Several other Serie A and Serie B clubs are under investigation by the Italian soccer federation for alleged involvement in the scandal. The federation is expected to sentence those clubs later this month.

Other appeals as well as criminal probes into alleged fraud, illegal betting and false bookkeeping could further affect the smooth running of the Serie A and Serie B seasons.

http://www.theworldgame.com.au/home/index.php?pid=st&cid=73778

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
could be a good signal for us, but i think the most club to benefit from this is going to be milan.As they will finish the perliminaries for the Cl and they will have some rest later on for the start of the season.

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
sateeh said:
could be a good signal for us, but i think the most club to benefit from this is going to be milan.As they will finish the perliminaries for the Cl and they will have some rest later on for the start of the season.
Milan got advantage from very beginning.
As long as we get our punishment lighter, i am ok.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
We lost two tittles to Inter 'unfairly'....but I really don't give a shit now....

I just want us to win it the 'hard way' now...just to silence all the otehr supporters

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
- vOnAm - said:
We lost two tittles to Inter 'unfairly'....but I really don't give a shit now....

I just want us to win it the 'hard way' now...just to silence all the otehr supporters
i just want that too, but we need something to come our way from all of this.Nothing major is going our way and i think w eneed that as fans and it would give the players a big push.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)