Scommessopoli : 2009-2010 betting Scandal in Italy (yes, this again :sergio:) (7 Viewers)

Do you think Conte is guilty of knowing about match-fixing and not reporting it?

• Yes

• No

• Don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Don't worry, pretty much everyone has been mentioned so far, Totti, Vieri. They might as well say Serie A and B is under investigation.

When Del Piero's name comes up that's when you know they are taking the piss.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Il 20 marzo, Giorgio Buffone, direttore sportivo del Ravenna, discute con il "dentista" Pirani, di Juventus-Brescia, partita che finirà 2-1 per i padroni di casa (1-1 il primo tempo).
Buffone: «Oggi si poteva fare Juventus-Brescia... capito...?».
Pirani: «Perchè è fatta dici?».
B: «Ehh... si doveva fare... si poteva fare con un mio amico... c'è bisogno di fondi... capito? Lui i fondi li mette, però deve essere collegata a un'altra sicura no...?».
P: «Perchè, dici che vanno a... a prenderle...?».
B. : «Eh, sì... ehh... sì... Il primo tempo... capito?».
P: «E poi?».
B: «Ehh... niente... quindi lui cercava... i fondi questo mio amico che... è quello che c'ha in mano due di là...! Eh... aveva bisogno d'investimento...».
P: «Ah, solo il primo tempo».
B: «Sì esatto... perdevano primo tempo...!»
P: «Ma i Bianconeri o i celesti...?».
B: «No, gli altri... gli altri... gli altri...».
P: «E poi se la giocano il secondo?».
B: «Esatto...».

Two duds wanting Brescia to lose the 1st half to make some money.

Didn't happen, it finished 1-1.

Jul 1, 2010
Il 20 marzo, Giorgio Buffone, direttore sportivo del Ravenna, discute con il "dentista" Pirani, di Juventus-Brescia, partita che finirà 2-1 per i padroni di casa (1-1 il primo tempo).
Buffone: «Oggi si poteva fare Juventus-Brescia... capito...?».
Pirani: «Perchè è fatta dici?».
B: «Ehh... si doveva fare... si poteva fare con un mio amico... c'è bisogno di fondi... capito? Lui i fondi li mette, però deve essere collegata a un'altra sicura no...?».
P: «Perchè, dici che vanno a... a prenderle...?».
B. : «Eh, sì... ehh... sì... Il primo tempo... capito?».
P: «E poi?».
B: «Ehh... niente... quindi lui cercava... i fondi questo mio amico che... è quello che c'ha in mano due di là...! Eh... aveva bisogno d'investimento...».
P: «Ah, solo il primo tempo».
B: «Sì esatto... perdevano primo tempo...!»
P: «Ma i Bianconeri o i celesti...?».
B: «No, gli altri... gli altri... gli altri...».
P: «E poi se la giocano il secondo?».
B: «Esatto...».

Two duds wanting Brescia to lose the 1st half to make some money.

Didn't happen, it finished 1-1.
Fine, it means we are clear. Thanks Mark.

:tup:

OP
Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #88
    Cremoneses keeper Marco Paoloni is accused of drugging down his own teammates so they lost to relegation-team Paganese.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    Shame mike_zizou got banned. He posted some good articles here and they were all relevant to Juve. A bit harsh, if spamming was his crime.

Anyway, a good one.
    http://www.zizoufans.com/2011/06/here-is-why-games-are-being-fixed.html

---

Here is why the games are being FIXED!

[FONT=&quot]"Less is more" (anonymous French)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot]Starting from the fact that the Leagues in Italy are abnormal not only for the "calcioscommesse"(Football betting). There are several games that seem to have already been written, either for the obvious technical gap, either because one of the two teams in the field has no motivation.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I dwell on the "system" ,to explain in a few lines, how you can tarot a championship.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Championships 2010-2011: 760 games in series A. 924 in series B. 1684 games in all.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]In 1980, the year of the first "calcioscommesse", Serie A, at 16 teams, had 480 games. Series B, 612. 1092 games all over.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Six hundred of difference races, about: almost the equivalent of an entire championship. You know what it means in terms of cost this. In terms of revenue, given the empty stadiums, it doesn't change much. Indeed, less competition may have fill a bit more the stadiums.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] As for the television rights, as they were centralized, having more teams is to have a smaller slice of the pie: the media must sell a quality product, not an excess number of games.

With the increase of the league games are also decreased games in Italy Cup, produced devalued beyond belief, and has diminished the competitiveness of Serie A teams in the international games, in order to keep pace with the series A games, the teams have to snub competitions in Europa League.

In serie A:

In 1980,the champions went to the Champions Cup, 2 in UEFA Cup, 3 relegated.
    Today, 4 teams go into the Champions League, 2 in Europa League, 3 relegate.

In serie B:

Back then, 3 teams were promoted, four relegated.
    Today, 2 are promoted, four make the playoffs, 3 relegate, two make playout.

In a Diluted championship like Serie A, the number of "useless" games is growing exponentially, with the result that the temptations increase and the motivation decrease, once everything is pretty much decided.

Add to this the number of teams that debt at the end of the month, do not pay salaries on time, especially at "Lega Pro" (where the games have remained the same), but also among professionals.

Is the system itself, being sick. Bets, if they are, they are only a symptom of the disease.

If the number of teams would be reduced, then the league would become more competitive and thus more attractive on the market. For once, "less is more" makes sense.

For television and sponsors, will enhance the fiew games, and the Italian Cup, with matches maybe on weekends. The Europa League would have more appeal then for the fans.

Less competition, means less number of players in a team (thus lower costs and more competition), games more interesting, since it's a fight, and less chance of risks for the teams on the field .

Less competition means less worn-out players for the national team.

This means, for example, Lazio - Inter a year ago became a game that made sense for both teams. Because is not just betting that the games offer ideas of an ethical debate.

Reducing the numer of the teams, rather than talk about suspensions, we should talk about compensating the characters involved, both the club damaged, both the FIGC, both the fans and the bettors.

If football is sick, it's because no one wants to cure it. Today we talk about repechages: I say the league should be reduced to 16 teams, like the serie B. With four promotions and four relagations a year. In the case of scandals and relegation at the table (that I wish to no fan) they should however begin to work in this direction.

thanks to: GRAZIANO CAMPI[/FONT]

Jul 1, 2010
    Good post, I agree on the whole.

I would not reduce it to 16 teams though, I would reduce it to 18 teams.

18 teams in Serie A and 18 teams in Serie B.

We need a reserve league system like in Spain, with Juventus B, Milan B, Roma B, etc.

We need new stadiums but positively, this is already being addressed (most teams have plans and are progressing).

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I have to change the thread title from "New betting Scandal in Italy". Knowing Italy, each time I see the thread title pop up for recent posts, I think there's an entirely brand new scandal altogether. :(

OP
    Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #93
    Giuseppe Signori in tears on Italian TV:

"I've been massacred by the media, who have printed so many falsehoods."

OP
    Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #95
    Manfredini cleared, Atalanta penalty stays

Atalanta player Thomas Manfredini has been cleared on appeal in the betting scandal, but Cristiano Doni is still banned and the club docked six points.
    The Federal Court gave its verdict today on the appeals of those involved in the match-fixing and betting allegations.

There was a significant development, as defender Manfredini went from a three-year ban to being cleared completely.

However, teammate Doni’s three-and-a-half-year ban was confirmed along with the fact Atalanta must start the Serie A season from -6 points.

In Lega Pro, Spezia were cleared, so their -1 point start has been removed, while Ravenna President Gianni Fabbri was also cleared.

Benevento’s penalty is reduced from nine points to six.

However, Beppe Signori and Marco Paoloni had their five-year bans confirmed on appeal.

This is not the end of the legal road, as it is also possible to lodge another appeal with the National Tribunal of Arbitration for Sport (Tnas) or the High Court of the sporting justice system.

FI.net

OP
    Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #96
    Three Napoli players involved in the scandal. Paolo Cannavaro and Mascara confirmed. (ANSA)

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    They can find anybody they want and won't do shit because now they've come out and say they have to save Serie A so I don't see big clubs get relegated. Maybe that's because Napoli, Milan and Inter are involved and not Juve. :sergio:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    Oh my God oh my God oh my God.
    God pleaseeeeeeeeeeee let this be true and proven.
    Oh Geez, please please please pleeeeeease. That would shut them the fuck up... pisses the flying crap out of me when those Peelanista fags call Juve cheaters when they have been relegated for cheating back in the 80s as well, AND were also involved in 2006.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)