Scommessopoli : 2009-2010 betting Scandal in Italy (yes, this again :sergio:) (27 Viewers)

Do you think Conte is guilty of knowing about match-fixing and not reporting it?

• Yes

• No

• Don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.

enzo

May 14, 2012
Has anybody a clue what are intentions behind all this? This is not only an attack on Juventus. I mean, they have searched the camp of the national team. Why would the FIGC try to harm its own team? They could have solved this differently, without all the attention from the media.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
FIGC, the only football association in the world that actively tries to destroy it's own domestic football. I agree with swag, they're insane. TWICE now they didn't have any grounds to act, and for the second time they're gonna leave calcio with lots of rebuilding to do and a terrible image to boot.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Has anybody a clue what are intentions behind all this? This is not only an attack on Juventus. I mean, they have searched the camp of the national team. Why would the FIGC try to harm its own team? They could have solved this differently, without all the attention from the media.
The FIGC isn't the only actor here.

enzo

May 14, 2012
The FIGC isn't the only actor here.
True, but unless you are especially interested in creating a buzz around it, you would try to work this out in a more silent manner. At first you may think this may hinder further investigations. But at second thought, they may try to scare somebody, so they make a mistake.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
True, but unless you are especially interested in creating a buzz around it, you would try to work this out in a more silent manner. At first you may think this may hinder further investigations. But at second thought, they may try to scare somebody, so they make a mistake.
There is pressure coming from the Inter camp. This has been dragging on for months, but suddenly, when Juventus are on top again and Inter had a very poor season, it erupts. Juventus are all of a sudden discredited, because all over Europe people are hearing "Juventus head coach Conte is under investigation".

As always, cui bono ;)?

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
That FIGC hate Juve is obvious. That FIGS loves Inter is also obvious. I really don't like FIGC for obvious reasons and there are a lot of questions needed to be answered. The timing is awkward to say the least but it's preferable to have it now rather than one month ago or another month later. I'm guessing that they found new sources that they had to push on and they waited for the league to end and find enough time between league and euro's to hit the source. Cleansing Italian football is necessary and if we will have a fucked up decennium due to this I consider it to be necessary. But enough with the punches at Juve, we've already taken enough of them and punching us again will only send out the statement that there's no future in Italy. I'm at least happy that unlike in Spain and Great Britain, the problems that has been widely known has finally been acknowledged and tried to be dealt with. I'm not saying they will ever be solved because they never will and especially in Italy's climate. But perhaps it can be reduced and perhaps influence the political climate over time to change too. Either way, Juve has nothing to do with this and I think the worst they could punch us with is punishing Conte. But I think we're clean and will get out alive, I'm rather hoping for a turnaround where FIGC punishes Moratti. That would be a fine thing to digest over the summer.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
There is pressure coming from the Inter camp. This has been dragging on for months, but suddenly, when Juventus are on top again and Inter had a very poor season, it erupts. Juventus are all of a sudden discredited, because all over Europe people are hearing "Juventus head coach Conte is under investigation".

As always, cui bono ;)?
I think it has more to do with Milan.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
This is a police investigation, do people understand that? It's a police investigation, and is being stirred up by the anti-Juve media.
This. I don't get the whole "FIGC out to get Juve" stuff. In this case, I dont think its in their hands. It's an Italian justice system thing, with the Italian media up to their usual anti-Juve bullshit. All we can do is hope that Conte and Bonucci's names are cleared ASAP and we can concentrate on next season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)