[SCO] Scottish Premier league 2013/2014 (7 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Fantastically terrible win today.

Really was an atrocious game.

Langfield

Shaughnessy-Anderson-Reynolds-Considine

Logan---Flood--Low---McGinn

Pawlett

Rooney​

We avoided making any huge errors, they didn't, we won.

Djemba-Djemba was wonderful.

- - - Updated - - -

Aberdeen went out early and did a mini warm-up towards the end of half-time.

Never seen anyone do that before.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
which lower league is rangers currently in??? and how long would it take for them after they return to the premier league to compete again with celtic for the title?

Boksic

May 11, 2005
They are in the third tier and in all likelihood will be in the top league in two years.

Given the strength of Scottish football, I would expect them to come second in the first season back but not sure if they will be competitive for the title. It will depend on their finances and how Celtic manage themselves.

juvearab

Feb 26, 2007
I would anticipate Rangers will return in 2 years and challenge Celtic again however there is still some financial problems they will need to overcome.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Stupid Huns have blown a huge amount of money unnecessarily to get up through the lowest couple of divisions.

They aren't going to have anything like the cash required to compete with Celtic unless they get some major new investment in the next couple of years.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
i think we have the same agreement with them like with werder bremen... we can loan our players to them and it will be really useful for us if they were in the premier league... maybe our players can help them compete with celtic :D

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
No doubt this will seem contradictory, but I don't see it that way:

Pleased no Aberdeen players have been called up for the Scotland squad.

Fuck Strachan and the SFA for always ignoring Aberdeen players.

We're second in the league, in the League Cup Final, favourites for the Scottish Cup - having just beaten Celtic in Glasgow - and still no Aberdeen player is called up.

Meanwhile some kid from Utd gets thrown into the senior squad having never played at any younger age groups for Scotland. What is the point of our young players going and wasting their time playing (and getting injured) for the u21s if this guy is just going to get jumped ahead after playing six unremarkable months of senior football?

And it's a joke that May from St. Johnstone isn't in the squad. He's scored loads of goals this season and has scored goals for Scotland u21s. Wonder why he isn't even called up while Tony Watt once got a call up despite having done nothing except score a goal against Barca?

Still things become clearer when you listen to Strachan:

"We aren't a nation that has produced players who can eliminate people, go by them and score goals..."

Actually, that is precisely what Pawlett has been doing this season. Neil Lennon said as much before we played Celtic earlier in the season and he went to great lengths to shape his team just to limit Pawlett's influence.

"I don't think the standard is as good as when I joined Celtic [in 2005]. Look at the Hibs team, what a team that was. Hearts were backed by a lot of money with top international players in there."

That Hibs side was good. I believe they managed to finish above Aberdeen once in the several years around that period when we were both strong. We also regularly finished above Hearts despite them having a stupidly big budget.

"When Walter Smith got his team to the Uefa Cup final and we had a Celtic team in the last 16 of the Champions League..."

No mention of the Aberdeen team that was still in the UEFA Cup past Xmas that year.

No doubt our players will get called up when half the current squad decide they can't be bothered playing in a Friendly.

Scotland can fuck right off.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
A mate of mine is going into the referendum from the rather simplistic position of being no more inclined to be ruled by the Central Belt than by London.

An independent Grampian is the way forward.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Just shows how utterly worthless Celtic's points record is this season, the few times they have faced a decent side away they were found out.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Did it again, huh @Red
Indeed.

Just shows how utterly worthless Celtic's points record is this season, the few times they have faced a decent side away they were found out.
Not just away.

Our win in the cup at Parkhead was far more convincing than the win tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

First loss of the season for Celtic.

First league goal they've conceded since November.

- - - Updated - - -

We were truly abysmal.

Scored one good goal and one great goal and were woeful for the rest of the game.

Truly a masterclass in how not to play against ten men.

Still, always immensely enjoyable to beat those horrible cunts.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

We've really fucked up their season.

Between knocking them out of the cup and ending their attempt at an unbeaten season, we've stopped them doing anything that could have convinced them they'd had a successful season.

:)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I imagine that a big tax case involving a top English Premier League football club would be widely reported in the English-based national newspapers.

But things, as I've pointed out many times, are different in the Scottish media. So the latest set of hearings into the tax affairs of Rangers, at a tribunal in Edinburgh, have been all but ignored by the newspapers.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2014/feb/26/rangers-hmrc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)