[SCO] Scottish Premier league 2013/2014 (2 Viewers)

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
i completely understand that...

did Virgil van Dijk played a good match? He is considered for the dutch national team you know....

:lol: red card in the 13th minute.. how the hell did that happen?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
i completely understand that...

did Virgil van Dijk played a good match? He is considered for the dutch national team you know....

:lol: red card in the 13th minute.. how the hell did that happen?
Incident is at about 40 seconds:

Situation wasn't his fault, but it was a poor effort he made at a challenge. An defender knows better than to tackle with the wrong foot in that situation.

Very few players seem able to deal with Pawlett in one-on-ones due to his acceleration. He'd be in the Scotland squad if he was playing for any other team in the world.

Van Dijk will probably end up a decent defender in the future, but he's too casual just now and that's not likely to change while he's at Celtic and not being properly challenged on a regular basis.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Following substantial ticket sales today only 3,000 restricted view tickets now remain for our Scottish League Cup Final against Inverness CT on Sunday 16th Match at Celtic Park.

This will take our maximum allocation for the Final up to 40,000.

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20140305/scottish-league-cup-final-_2217950_3698825

For those who doubt the ineptitude of the Scottish authorities, there are going to be thousands of empty seats at this final that could have been occupied by Aberdeen fans if the hadn't divided the ground in such a stupid fashion.

Then Aberdeen fans will be portrayed as the bad guys we folk go in the ICT end since they'll have heaps of spare seats.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
So, another round of another cup successfully negotiated on Saturday.

Was a poor first half and a barely adequate second, but the performance was never going to be up to much given the inevitable focus on the final on Sunday.

- - - Updated - - -

Aberdeen v St Johnstone and Utd v New Rangers/Albion Rovers in the Scottish Cup semis.

- - - Updated - - -

Aberdeen have now sold 40,000+ tickets for the League Cup Final on Sunday and we aren't getting any more, despite thousands of empty seats.

Tickets didn't even make it to a general sale, so fuck knows how many we could have ended up selling had we been given the chance.

- - - Updated - - -

A generation of Aberdeen fans have had nothing to cheer . . . now is their time

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/opinion/a-generation-of-aberdeen-fans-have-had-nothing-to-cheer-now-is-their-time.23653351

- - - Updated - - -

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Aberdeen Football Club has received a pre-League Cup Final fillip ahead of Sunday's showdown with Inverness Caley Thistle at Celtic Park with the news that manager Derek McInnes and assistant Tony Docherty have signed two-year contract extensions that will see will see the pair remain at Pittodrie until at least the summer of 2017.

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20140...s-management-team-extend-stay_2212158_3712780

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I suppose it's easier to take a positive outlook if your club's been relegated so many times that one more doesn't seem that big a deal.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
First time since I have followed them but resigned myself to relegation at the start of the season. We have had a transfer embargo for 2 years now do even the straw clutching attempts to bring in Rudi was always doomed.
Tough season for the laddies but should stand us in good stead for next season's promotion push

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Team might be.

Don't know about me.

- - - Updated - - -

Conflicting rumours circulating regarding Pawlett's fitness, but most reliable source says he's fine.

I'd expect the team to be:

Langfield

Logan-Anderson-Reynolds-Considine

Jack-Flood

Robson--Pawlett--Hayes

Rooney​

The big thing is going to be whether Aberdeen try to dominate possession and territory or if we'll play a counter-attacking game.

Robson playing on a wing would typically push us towards playing slower and with more possession, but he did play there when we butchered ICT on the break earlier in the season.

- - - Updated - - -

Going to be a whopping big display in the Dons end.

20,000 cards laid out today:

- - - Updated - - -

And some jolly wags have been going around the sitting kitting statues out in Dons paraphernalia:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
how long has it been for Aberdeen to not win a trophy? I know that Ferguson won a few trophies back then but did they win something after? would be nice if they win the League Cup tomorrow.. :D

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Red is lying in a gutter somewhere in Glasgae and won't be awake for another 22 hours
Pfffttt you are underselling a Scotsman's propensity to milk a celebration, I very much doubt we will hear from him for 4 days.

Well done the Dons, about bloody time you lot won something

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)