[SCO] Scottish Premier league 2013/2014 (1 Viewer)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
why the fuck does this shittyass league has it's own thread?
Go back to focusing on the incredibly brilliant Australian league.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Dundee United's Nadir Ciftci could be banned for 16 matches after being accused of grabbing an assistant referee by the throat.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24763516

:howler:

- - - Updated - - -

Manager Pat Fenlon has left Hibernian with immediate effect.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24776959

Was never going to survive the loss to Hearts in midweek. Surprised it wasn't announced yesterday.

That cunt Kenny Shiels seems to be most likely to take over.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Nah, I was a quiet kid, so I didn't speak enough to fill six pages.

Anyway, looks like Butcher is all set to go to Hibs:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24809195

Suits me fine as I think the Hibs team is too shit to do anything and I doubt ICT will be as strong without Butcher.

And a deal has been done to televise Scottish football in China:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24806788?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Not holding my breath for there to be a huge impact on the clubs, but ain't going to criticise the authorities for trying to find new markets and new money.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Surprised that Butcher is going to Hibs.

Don't think that they will do any better than ICT and he turned down Barnsley previously who surely would have offered more money.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
As a fan who actually goes to games, surprisingly enough, I wasn't around to answer queries shortly before or during the game...

Anyway, tactics were much the same as they were in the away game with Partick, with Aberdeen marking in wide areas to avoid confusion over who was responsible for the wingers when they went inside and the full backs when they got high up.

Langfield

Jack-Hector-Considine-Reynolds

Flood

Hayes-Smith-Pawlett-McGinn

Zola

Was a pretty lethargic performance overall, which wasn't a surprise in the least after the effort expended in midweek. Was disppointed that the players who game into the team or off the bench who hadn't played a major role in the last game (Hector, Smith, Robson) contributed to the lethargy rather than providing fresh energy and focus to lift the rest of the side. Badly missed Jack in midfield. side from missing his own contribution, Flood had to play deeper and more responsibly, so he wasn't anything like as effective as normal.

Still, the goals were taken well and we never looked like allowing Partick anything, so I'm not about to complain too much.

Would be tremendously useful if McGinn could start scoring regularly again. Has been a significant loss him going from scoring 20 goals last season to only getting his first non-penalty goals tonight.

4 wins in a row, 4 clean sheets in a row, 9 clean sheets in last 11 games.

Not too shabby.

- - - Updated - - -

Surprised that Butcher is going to Hibs.

Don't think that they will do any better than ICT and he turned down Barnsley previously who surely would have offered more money.
Yeah, I wouldn't have gone at this point if I was him.

Would take it if offered the job during a summer, when a team could be put together, but don't see why Butcher wouldn't want to see through this season with his own team.

I guess when you do as well with a team as Butcher has and still can't get anything like a proper crowd to watch you, you must start to wonder what the point is.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Meow.

I read that Aberdeen got 10,000 up there? Would be expecting more given the current form.
10k for a televised game on a Monday night with almost no away fans ain't too bad.

Be looking for at least a couple of thousand more for the game against Hearts on Saturday, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Scottish Cup fourth round draw:

Falkirk v Rangers

Albion Rovers v Motherwell

Culter or Berwick Rangers v Dumbarton

Clyde v Stranraer or Auchinleck Talbot

Dundee United v Kilmarnock

Queen of the South v St Mirren

Stenhousemuir or Annan Athletic v Fraserburgh

Brechin City v Forfar Athletic

Alloa Athletic v Stirling Albion

Ross County v Hibernian

Dundee v Raith Rovers

St Johnstone v Livingston

Partick Thistle v Aberdeen

Hearts v Celtic

Ayr United v Dunfermline

Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Morton

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24817284

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
As a fan who actually goes to games, surprisingly enough, I wasn't around to answer queries shortly before or during the game...
Didn't know you did that.:D But it was great to win a bet easily that gave so much on Aberdeen with 2 goals.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
So, some typically unreasonable behaviour from the Scottish footballing authorities in the last few days.

League Cup Semis:

Aberdeen v St. Johnstone, Tynecastle, 3pm Sat 1st Feb

Hearts v Inverness, Easter Road, 12:45pm Sun 2nd Feb

So Hearts v Inverness is to be played at a neutral venue which happens to be a couple of miles from Tynecastle, and in the same city, and approximately 155 miles from Inverness. That the game is to be played at lunchtime on a Sunday also means that the first train from Inverness might arrive in time to see some of the game if it goes to extra-time and penalties.

This then has the knock-on effect of meaning that Aberdeen-St. Johnstone will have to be played at a smaller venue, Tynecastle (17k) instead of Easter Road (20k), where it ought to have been.

Aberdeen have taken 13-15k to Glasgow for the last couple of semis, and they have tended to be televised and at awkward times, which has limited the attendance. With this semi being in Edinburgh, not televised and at 3pm on a Saturday, there is no way Aberdeen would have taken less than the 13-15k of recent games. But now we will be stuck with an initial allocation of about 8k and will have to wait for St Johnstone to fail to sell their allocation for our allocation to go up towards 11k. At Easter Road we would have been able to get the 13-15k that was required.

But, no. It was essential that Hearts be allowed to play their game at as benficial a venue for them as humanly possible, instead of the much fairer and more sensible option of playing at either Pittodrie or Tannadice, which would have made Easter Road available for us.

Fucking joke.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)