[SCO] Scottish Premier league 2011/2012 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
what needs to be done here is for the other clubs to grab this opportunity with both hands,push through reforms and end this ridiculous voting system that benefits only the old firm.
if the other clubs roll over like obedient puppies and allow Rangers to be in the SPL next season when they inevitably go insolvent it may just end my interest in Scottish football altogether

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Still can't shake the feeling that the huns will get out of this with minimal pain.

A botching of this situation could be the thing that pushes me over the edge and away from Scottish football.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Aberdeen managed to put in a whopping twenty minutes of good football on Saturday. :shocked:

They haven't managed anything close to that in months.

Could see from the bitching from the Tims that that was the first time they've really been challenged in a game for months.

Loved it when McArdle went thundering in for a high ball at the start of the second half, won it cleanly and nutted Hooper really hard in the back of the head.

Hooper decided he didn't much fancy things after that.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Best Aberdeen performance in ages yesterday.

Completely in control of the game until Fyvie had to go off injured - even though Motherwell went down to ten men - as Fyvie composure was badly missed in the middle.

Difference is down to Aberdeen finally playing 4-3-3/4-5-1 so that we've got three in the middle of the park instead of constantly being outnumbered in there and being unable to control the midfield, even though we have some very good players in that area.

Considine is becoming a really good player.

Craig Thomson is a cunt.

Fuck Hibs.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
:boh:

I don't watch Scottish games other than when Aberdeen are involved.

Hibs are absolutely awful this season (and are lucky Dunfermline are worse so they won't go down) so I can't imagine they are doing particularly well.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
They are in administration over an unpaid tax bill of ~£12m (though they have other debts of ~£25m).

They were losing ~£1m per month.

They have avoided compulsory redundancies for just now because players have agreed to take significant pay cuts.

The owner is a shady character with a history of failed businesses behind him and no-one seems to know if he has any personal wealth.

There are many millions of pounds that still seem to be unaccounted for and the administrators are trying to locate them.

They won't be able to play in Europe next season.

And all this is before another tax tribunal over an alleged debt of ~£50m (possibly nearer £75m) has been concluded.

And it's all very, very funny.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Leigh Griffiths has played his last game for Hibs after head-butting manager Pat Fenlon and then punching assistant Billy Brown in an astonishing training ground bust-up on Tuesday.

The on-loan Wolves star is understood to have taken exception to comments made by the Easter Road manager at the Ormiston complex.

It seems the 21-year-old striker, who is on loan until the end of the season, was disgusted at being singled out for criticism over recent displays and simply blew a fuse. The flashpoint came at the end of a stormy training session in the aftermath of Sunday’s derby defeat to Hearts.

----------------

:lol:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Hibs have played down the incident and denied Griffiths has been booted out of the club.

Something has happened, but probably not what was reported.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Wish it was true as, aside from it being hilarious, Griffiths' pace is one of my main concerns ahead of playing Hibs at Hampden.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I was watching the Hibs-Hearts game the other day, Hibs looked like such a poor team.

BTW is there any truth in this whole Celtic to League 1 thing?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Hibs are rank and very lucky there is someone worse than them in the league this season.

Nothing to suggest the Celtic to England rumours are true.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Sad to see that Scott Severin has had to retire through injury.

Up there with the best Aberdeen players of the last ten years and a key part (arguably the key part) of the team that had the good run in Europe in 07/08.

Ridiculous that he didn't get more Scotland caps.

And at 2:40 -

---------- Post added 21.03.2012 at 15:19 ----------

Still, in more positive news...he's back:

:heart:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
See the Glasgow Press is praising Old Firm fans for their behaviour, since there were 'only' 17 arrests at the game at the weekend.

You'd have though World War 3 was upon us after Rangers v Aberdeen a couple of months ago when 7 people were arrested.

Arseholes.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I've never been to any SPL game that didn't involve Aberdeen and can't imagine I ever would.

Unless you have particularly strong views on Protestantism v Catholocism or whether Ireland should be part of the UK there's no reason to go to an Old Firm game.

And Aberdeen traditionally hate Rangers more than anyone else.

Not sure why the hatred came about, but going back about 100 years there are accounts of Rangers players being pelted with stones as the left Pittodrie after a game.

Zillions of incidents since then to cement the mutual hatred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)