Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting (26 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
there was a reason i used "modernise". the lack of progress and modernisation will weaken the legitimacy of a democracy, so that in the end it will become redundant. a democracy needs to reflect its citizen.

what is with merica since you all are so damn afraid of potential violence? nothing but paranoia schizophrenics would think that way in scandinavia.
Exactly. Expressing that mentality will prompt people around you to see a shrink over here.

Is America not inherently more violent than your home nation(s)? We have reason to be worried. Have you ever been held at knife point by 5 thugs?

Maybe I just made that up. :rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think you realize how large this country is and how many large cities with areas with poor demographics and they can filter into safer areas from time to time.

Damn. Think outside the box, if you don't believe me then come to DC an let me show you around Anacostia in SE DC.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Is America not inherently more violent than your home nation(s)? We have reason to be worried. Have you ever been held at knife point by 5 thugs?

Maybe I just made that up. :rolleyes:
merica is more violent, but instead of bying guns why not do something bout the reasons behind the violence

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
merica is more violent, but instead of bying guns why not do something bout the reasons behind the violence
Of course I'd like to do more to help that concern area, but that isn't going to stop gang members from getting guns and coming after innocent people, will it?

Most people with guns are legit law abiding citizens.

If I buy a gun, which I will...does that mean more violence will occur? Just because so many people own guns doesn't mean we actually fire them. A lot of people never fire their weapons, its only hidden in their bedrooms in case of an emergency.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
got lost in dc one time driving back from spring break. the ghettos there were so typical ghetto. there were people playing craps in the corner, slinging rocks, etc, etc. i've seen some sorry looking ghettos with fucked up houses and shit, but this was different. it just looked dangerous lol.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
got lost in dc one time driving back from spring break. the ghettos there were so typical ghetto. there were people playing craps in the corner, slinging rocks, etc, etc. i've seen some sorry looking ghettos with fucked up houses and shit, but this was different. it just looked dangerous lol.
Exactly. Its no place to get lost in. Those same demographics filter via the metro system into the safer areas and its getting worse. It's sad.

And here you go @Maddy Stardust:

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Rash-of-Robberies-Overnight-in-DC-186607321.html

Limited/regulated/banned...it won't matter, the bad buys will always get them. When they do, things like this happen.

:howler:

- - - Updated - - -

And it's already illegal to carry a concealed weapon in DC anyways...the laws democrats want are already in place in DC. :lol:

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Of course I'd like to do more to help that concern area, but that isn't going to stop gang members from getting guns and coming after innocent people, will it?

Most people with guns are legit law abiding citizens.

If I buy a gun, which I will...does that mean more violence will occur? Just because so many people own guns doesn't mean we actually fire them. A lot of people never fire their weapons, its only hidden in their bedrooms in case of an emergency.
thing is hust. i dont care about the availability of guns. im much more interested in the psychology behind ur logic. theres no evidence of you being more safe with a gun in ur hand than without - at least i havent seen a scientifical evidence. this mentality: that you need to buy a gun to stay safe is a sense of false security and has its roots in ur feelings and instead of being based on a rational process.

my concern is that ur logic keeps merica from gettin to the root of its problems: poverty, social heritage, lack of treatment for mental ill and so on.

this idea of innocent people being gun'd down every other moment is a construction that limits merica and is of no help to you, but deluding you to keep calm.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
thing is hust. i dont care about the availability of guns. im much more interested in the psychology behind ur logic. theres no evidence of you being more safe with a gun in ur hand than without - at least i havent seen a scientifical evidence. this mentality: that you need to buy a gun to stay safe is a sense of false security and has its roots in ur feelings and instead of being based on a rational process.

my concern is that ur logic keeps merica from gettin to the root of its problems: poverty, social heritage, lack of treatment for mental ill and so on.

this idea of innocent people being gun'd down every other moment is a construction that limits merica and is of no help to you, but deluding you to keep calm.
:confused:

Not one thing you say highlights how to solve the problems you mentioned and that I agree with you need addressed.

Not one thing you said tells me that bad guys won't hurt innocent people. You have never lived here, you probably have gotten into some school recess scuffles but until you get held at knife point or are out numbered by guys intentionally going to do you harm even when they get your wallet and keys, whats left for the good guy? Hope I guess is what you think will make me safe in that situation.

Scientific evidence doesn't support your case either. Switzerland is loaded with guns and they are doing just fine, but thats because they address the social issues that we aren't doing here. You address those, and allow good people to defend themselves with something other than hope then you will see a culture shift.

- - - Updated - - -

Bad guys will always have access to guns. Bad guys will always use them to get what they want because they have no value for human life. Scientific evidence or not, that's a fact. It happens whether gun/drugs/jaws of life are limited/regulated/banned...doesn't matter.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

Duh. Everybody knows that the Sandy Hook tragedy happened because America doesn't have enough guns, not too few of them. :disagree:

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
:confused:

Not one thing you say highlights how to solve the problems you mentioned and that I agree with you need addressed.
i think u need to read what i wrote again. i can give you a long list of improvements. but that wasnt my point. im talking about the danger behind this false sense of security guns are creating and you are buying in to.

you almost say it urself:

are out numbered by guys intentionally going to do you harm even when they get your wallet and keys
how will a gun help you if ur outnumbered by a group who also have guns? u cant kill em all before they kill u.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
i think u need to read what i wrote again. i can give you a long list of improvements. but that wasnt my point. im talking about the danger behind this false sense of security guns are creating and you are buying in to.

you almost say it urself:

how will a gun help you if ur outnumbered by a group who also have guns? u cant kill em all before they kill u.
I was held at knife point by a group of guys

a 10 round Glock > a knife

I reread your post a couple times which still didn't help. To clarify if I haven't yet, as you and I will probably agree on a lot, there are a laundry list of social issues that the US NEEDS to address ASAP if this "scared state of mind" is to ever evaporate.

Maybe I go too much what my grandparents said that left nazi rule or communism. Either way, I feel safe for the most part and consider it a fluke, however that doesn't mean it could never happen again and I won't carry the gun with me however it will be at my bedside incase anyone tries to break in, which I have already mentioned is happening more frequently where I live.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
It all goes back to personal responsibility. Everyone should be responsible for their own problems and leave me alone to not be personally responsible for anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)