Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting (51 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
they should arm the kids. the teachers can't be there to protect them at all times so the toddlers have to take their safety into their own hands.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
sad. really sad development.

i wud never let my child go to a school with armed teachers.

in denmark there's two schools (i think) where you just cant walk in. a jewish school and a rich kids international school (prevent kidnappin).

i know u cant compare a small glorious utopia like denmark with the states, but still.. armed teachers.

inb4 a teacher nuke every single co-worker and a couple of kids and then the kids get armed.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
“Gun control supporters have the blood of little children on their hands,” said Larry Pratt, executive director of Gun Owners of America.

Amen, brother.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
they should arm the kids. the teachers can't be there to protect them at all times so the toddlers have to take their safety into their own hands.
African kids never get shot up, cause they all got AKs.

- - - Updated - - -

generally seen and packaged as a girly drink

- - - Updated - - -

didnt have this problem when i taught in the south side, we had 2 police officers on each floor
An elementary school probably only needs one, or an armed-trained security guard.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I guess the thing that irritates me is that society has to pay a human life tax for paranoid idiots who failed high school statistics. All epidemiological evidence would suggest that arming teachers is only going to increase the number of child deaths in classrooms. But still there are clowns with magical thinking of exceptionalism and far too many Bruce Willis movies that conclude the rules never apply to people like themselves. It's all "us" versus "them" with no recognition that they are us.

It's the same psychological phenomenon that makes people live in gated communities, only to discover that they are harboring armed drug dealers in their own homes in their own children. It's the same psychological phenomenon that makes people think that three strikes laws are obvious choices because the rules will never apply to themselves, as if to ignore the possibility that their cousins and friends and delinquent children could run into trouble with the law.

"Nope. The only legitimate outcome of arming my second grade teacher would be that she shoots a bad guy entering the school." Never mind that it could be the janitor, or that a kid in one of her classes could access it if she didn't lock it up properly, or she gets into a fight with parents at a PTA meeting that escalates, etc.

But hey -- it's all good if 200 people die from accidental shootings and suicides in schools as long as there's a chance it might prevent the random rampager from shooting 20 kids.

Nope. That would never happen... :disagree: That good people could make bad decisions, could be bad shots, could have deadly force fall into the wrong hands ... that's pure fantasy. There's only one possible way it can go: perfect decisions made by sober people under 100% security with no human emotion or frailty involved. And all our teachers don't have drinking or alcohol problems, and all our priests would never improperly touch our children, blah blah blah.

Idiots. What kind of fucking fairy tale land are these people living in?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)