Sandro Tonali - DM - Brescia (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The world is comparing Tonali to Pirlo. If there is one guy that can convince Tonali it's the man the world is comparing him to: Pirlo.

:tuttosport:

Jul 13, 2010
Lets just hope this midfield will not become creative and technical but without defensive contribution. Neither Tonali nor Aouar are well known for their tackling or marking. We need Vidal-esque Locatelli

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
In my opinion, the reason we have been failing in the past years is that we don't have an attacking plan and not a creative player to execute it.
As a result, our forwards are completely cut off, there is no link between the midfield and front line.
So it is imperative to find an immediate and reliable solution about this. We need a player ready to lead our team now, at CR's last season with us. Tonali is not ready to fill in such a role this season. Maybe he will be in the future, but not now.
We already got Arthur, but as we see, he is a very unstable character, also injury prone, not reliable enough to base upon for the entire season.
So, just like it happened with Ramsey, we won't have a reliable option to build our team around.
If we commit a huge chunk of our very limited budget on Tonali, it is certain that we are not going to buy the player we need.
Just like we do every year, we will have a collection of subs, but not starters.
We have seen it happening each and every year for almost a decade now, but we don't learn, we repeat the very same mistakes and except different results...
New coach new ideas and new wants when it comes to players. Pirlo played in 2 of the best midfield groups you will see at Milan and juve. Agree though...we need to find a midfield that can provide more to ronaldo and dybala. Bernadeschi ramsey and khedira are not capable. Kulu will be interesting.

My fear is that bentancur rabiot and Arthur make a great trio and we have no back ups. This is where tonali is interesting.

4 weeks to make changes...seems hard.

Jun 16, 2020
If we’re really interested I expect Paratici to act fast considering Inter’s position.

On the other side perhaps it was quite clear behind the scenes that Pirlo would become our manager, and that it is somehow the reason for te delay in Tonali’s transfer to Inter.

Lets hope for the best, atm I feel we can make this happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Lets just hope this midfield will not become creative and technical but without defensive contribution. Neither Tonali nor Aouar are well known for their tackling or marking. We need Vidal-esque Locatelli
Honestly I haven’t seen much from Brescia, but I thought that Tonali was famous for his tackling abilities, long passes, and his ability to change play and initiate attacks while being under pressure in his own half. Correct me if I’m wrong tho.

Last edited:

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
If we’re really interested I expect Paratici to act fast considering Inter’s position.

On the other side perhaps it was quite clear behind the scenes that Pirlo would become our manager, and that it is somehow the reason for te delay in Tonali’s transfer to Inter.

Lets hope for the best, atm I feel we can make this happen.
Scenario 2 feels likely. Pirlo has long been mooted for a managerial position as an afterthought in the Italian sports papers. I’m sure I recall Tuttosport had the ‘Idea: Pirlo’ thing a while back also. Tuttosport used to be laughable but they have been surprisingly accurate the last few years. It’s hardly bold to say that appointing him as u-23’s was nothing but a smokescreen.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I don’t think many would take him over Aouar. But calling him an “overrated waste gash” is pretty cringe
It's Badass Bro. Hockey (field mind you) sticks and all that.

- - - Updated - - -

Please Bruh. Don't mention Locatelli in the same sentence as Vidal. It's like comparing a Maltese tractor to a Nissan GTR.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Honestly I haven’t seen much from Brescia, but I thought that Tonali was famous for his tackling abilities, long passes, and his ability to change play and initiate attacks while being under pressure in his own half. Correct me if I’m wrong tho.
You are right. Tonali is a more dynamic midfielder than Locatelli, more 'Vidal-like' if that's the comparison he is making.

Locatelli is more Marchisio.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
honestly, i couldn't name any prime vidal type players besides vidal from the last 10 years. the workrate, the passing, the box presence, the effective tackling and the consistency in one package was simply unique.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
honestly, i couldn't name any prime vidal type players besides vidal from the last 10 years. the workrate, the passing, the box presence, the effective tackling and the consistency in one package was simply unique.
Nainggolan had his days. Lets forget about his charm for a moment..

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
His PK taking ability was fantastic too. He hit them like a seasoned striker.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Erhhm... Tonali is more of a Gattuso than a Pirlo so.... Tonali is a good player for the defensive phase..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)