Sandro Tonali - DM - Brescia (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Let's look at a couple of things here.

If Rabiot, Bentancur, and Arthur are the starters, is it a grand stretch of the imagination to say that Tonali would be the 4th best midfielder on the team? And if that is indeed true, as the 4th MF, wouldn't he get an awful lot of playing time, considering the amount of matches we play per year?

Wouldn't that be worth 10 million now, and 25 million later? We could always have Matuidi or Ramsey play all of those matches instead. I mean, what could go wrong?
I'm questioning the economic aspect of the deal .
Our management certainly doesn't think that tonali is worth 35 mil. to start here and there and I agree with that decision.
If they get a backup for more or the same then you start comparing , but that doesn't mean we start to stack up mids just so inda doesn't get them . We now have 5 mids , except Sami ,who might leave or not ,with kulu who can apparently play a mid also . You seem to advocate the purchase of a potential 8th mid , without shipping 1 or 2 first . That's not how it works especially in the covid era .

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I'm questioning the economic aspect of the deal .
Our management certainly doesn't think that tonali is worth 35 mil. to start here and there and I agree with that decision.
If they get a backup for more or the same then you start comparing , but that doesn't mean we start to stack up mids just so inda doesn't get them . We now have 5 mids , except Sami ,who might leave or not ,with kulu who can apparently play a mid also . You seem to advocate the purchase of a potential 8th mid , without shipping 1 or 2 first . That's not how it works especially in the covid era .

8th midfielder.

Tonali would be the EIGHTH midfielder on this team.

Ok. Im done here. No point in talking about this anymore if you think he would be the eighth best midfielder on this team.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
As shitty as we looked all season I still find it very satisfying that the best two games we played all year were against Inter. Even SPAL and Brescia put up a better fight than those clowns.
Who do you think we would be more fired up to play against, thought? Inter or SPAL? :grin:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
8th midfielder.

Ok. Im done here. No point in talking about this anymore if you think he would be the eighth best midfielder on this team.
Its a coping mechanism my man. Happens every time around here.
He didn't say he'd be 8th choice mid. He's talking about selling first (thus avoiding the mistake we made last summer) and having 8 total potential options (though I don't think Kulu is one) before doing so.

Add that to Tonali not looking nearly as good as Zaniolo.

- - - Updated - - -

How many midfielders do inter need :D
Bozovic, Tonali, Barella, Eriksen. May not buy Sensi bc of injuries.

Not that many.

Last edited:

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
8th midfielder.

Yeah . It will be our 8th mid coming in the team.
We have six ,kulu can play mid 7 , with tonali we have 8 . You know some inside information about some mids that we are selling immediately?
I only discuss the economic perspective, not quality wise .
I fail to understand how you can't understand that buying tonali until we sell some scrubs isn't feasible .

- - - Updated - - -

He didn't say he'd be 8th choice mid. He's talking about selling first (thus avoiding the mistake we made last summer) and having 8 total potential options (though I don't think Kulu is one) before doing so.

Add that to Tonali not looking nearly as good as Zaniolo.

- - - Updated - - -

Bozovic, Tonali, Barella, Eriksen. May not buy Sensi bc of injuries.

Not that many.
Yeah . Everyone understands what they want .
Just another coping mechanism ,just like in eriksens case :).

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Well going to Inter he is stepping into a stronger midfield than he would be coming here. As it stands now, I would say Inter have a better midfield. We have some work to do.
Bruh. Tootsie and Blonde Bozo don't care about the midfield, which is actually surprising considering Blondie used to play in midfield and should know how important a physical and dynamic midfield is. After all, Prime Neddy was a wonderful player, full of pace, movement, dynamic, active, and no physical slouch either. Doesn't he watch our games every week? :boh: :confused: Doesn't it pain him to see how slow and sluggish the "buildup play" is? Doesn't it hurt him to see how we struggle to string passes or put in crosses?

As @Dru said, our midfield has been subpar since 2018, but I dare to go even beyond and say it has been supbar since we sacrificed Pogba to bring in Higuain, so since 2016.

- - - Updated - - -

Why you jump on it ?
Tonali isn't better than rabiot bentancour or Arthur. There's a reason those guys are in juve and tonali in Brescia.
The question is would tonali start in front of them? The answer is obviously no ,so paying 35 mil. For a backup player isn't going to happen.
tenor.gif

Last edited:

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
Bruh. Tootsie and Blonde Bozo don't care about the midfield, which is actually surprising considering Blondie used to play in midfield and should know how important a physical and dynamic midfield is. After all, Prime Neddy was a wonderful player, full of pace, movement, dynamic, active, and no physical slouch either. Doesn't he watch our games every week? :boh: :confused: Doesn't it pain him to see how slow and sluggish the "buildup play" is? Doesn't it hurt him to see how we struggle to string passes or put in crosses?

As @Dru said, our midfield has been subpar since 2018, but I dare to go even beyond and say it has been supbar since we sacrificed Pogba to bring in Higuain, so since 2016.
I would agree with that last part, since 2016 our midfield has been lacking. Pjanic was alright, but by bringing him in we didn't replace the energy and dynamic that Vidal, Marchisio, and Pogba had.

That's what we need to improve one, we need at least one class energetic B2B midfielder.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018

- - - Updated - - -

tenor.gif
Are you surprised that If tonali would come he would be nothing more than a backup player in our team?
He is certainly no upgrade to our current starters.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Are you surprised that If tonali would come he would be nothing more than a backup player in our team?
He is certainly no upgrade to our current starters.
No, not yet anyway. However, he has the potential to do well. We have Matuidi and Khedira as backups FFS! Oh, and an unfit Ramsey on a diet of biscuits and scones. Hardly inspiring stuff.

Also your rationale that there's a reason those guys are at Juve makes no sense. We've had the likes of Rincon, Sturaro, Molinaro, Motta, and Bendtner @ Juve in recent times. They're all shit players that even Europa League level teams would consider cringe.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Tonali would actually get lots of minutes easily in this team. same with other midfielers like locatelli or anyone else that comes in as long as they are half competent footballers.

consider this, neither khedira nor ramsey play football consistently. which means you essential have 4 midfielders available for 3 positions (matuidi, bentancur, arthur, rabiot)

considering arthur cant last 90 mins, and matuidi doesnt really suit sarri system, any new mid coming in will not struggle to find minutes in midfield for juve

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Tonali would actually get lots of minutes easily in this team. same with other midfielers like locatelli or anyone else that comes in as long as they are half competent footballers.

consider this, neither khedira nor ramsey play football consistently. which means you essential have 4 midfielders available for 3 positions (matuidi, bentancur, arthur, rabiot)

considering arthur cant last 90 mins, and matuidi doesnt really suit sarri system, any new mid coming in will not struggle to find minutes in midfield for juve
That's why I think we are going to get a backup mid , hopefully 20 mil. at most .
We can't afford to pay 35 for a backup.
We can't expect to sign every player out there .
Inda sign eriksens .....blablabla
Inda signed hakimi......blablabla
Inda will sign tonali......blablabla.
I'm not saying he wouldn't be useful. He would probably become our 4th best mid. Economically he is unaffordable for us seeing as our scrubs can't get sold or don't want to leave .
The question is why bother with the negativity for failing to sign someone who we can't sign at this moment.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Yeah. Whatever is going on with him at Inter does not change the fact that he's a quality mid that would walk into our first team. So coping it is, yes.
Come on bro . He wouldn't walk in our first team and you know it . Don't make him to be some Pogba type of player . You can call him at most a hot prospect, nothing more .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)