Sandro Tonali - DM - Brescia (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Tonali will join Inter on loan for €10m with obligation to buy at €25m in 2021. Sandro will sign a four-year contract worth €2.5m/yr. (Corriere Di Brescia)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Tonali will join Inter on loan for €10m with obligation to buy at €25m in 2021. Sandro will sign a four-year contract worth €2.5m/yr. (Corriere Di Brescia)

I wonder if we could have offered more or didn't even bother. Also thinking we could get Pogba and failing with that also.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I wonder if we could have offered more or didn't even bother. Also thinking we could get Pogba and failing with that also.
My theory is this (two part, so pick one): Rabiot has suddenly emerged as a player that is fulfilling what the club thought his potential was so they didn't need to look at another CM after Arthur. And secondly, they have high hopes Arthur is going to push the entire midfield up another level.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn, that's a good deal :sad:

@Mark Instead of locking the thread can we move to the scouting section so we could be bitter about this for years to come?
Combine with Verratti's and just make it a rolling thread of missed Italian central midfielders...

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

How does it go from asking for 50-60m (he once claimed turned down 60 from barca lol) to this small loan based deal. Jeez, Marotta had them by the balls.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Meh, Arthur's still a big question mark imo. Would be nice to have another option in midfield that's not Matuidi or Khedira (or Ramsey who isn't actually an option)
I agree too. My theory is how I think the club is looking at it. Seems coincidental that as Rabiot starting improving, our interest (or the rumors) in Tonali decreased. :boh:

I agree Arthur could be a dud and what makes it worse is we still have Matuidi & Sami.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I agree too. My theory is how I think the club is looking at it. Seems coincidental that as Rabiot starting improving, our interest (or the rumors) in Tonali decreased. :boh:

I agree Arthur could be a dud and what makes it worse is we still have Matuidi & Sami.
:agree: and Rabiot still hasn't convinced other than a few recent decent performances. Doesn't have to be Tonali but we do need another midfielder

juve123

Aug 10, 2017

We want locatelli as backup player

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

The way THAT deal is structured, if true, it doesn't matter if Rabiot made that kind of improvement. That is a deal that you try to jump on, regardless of who we already have.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Nice miss out of a promising young midfielder to help our garbage aging cancerous black hole in our squad
but lets drop big money on more cf's who arnt better than our starting striker who is having the maybe the best season of his career :tuttosport:

a few good Rabiot games has still not convinced me, and thats without even considering the fact that he is fucked in the head and his ogre agent/mum

Ideally we avoided this transfer because we have a big midfield signing on the way, but i honestly doubt it, maybe a depth cm if Khedira leaves, and maybe bringing back a loan player to bolster the defense.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:agree: and Rabiot still hasn't convinced other than a few recent decent performances. Doesn't have to be Tonali but we do need another midfielder
Even with Arthur coming, we still need a new CM. I think that is what you mean as well?

If so, I agree. Arthur still doesn't fix the midfield...

- - - Updated - - -

The way THAT deal is structured, if true, it doesn't matter if Rabiot made that kind of improvement. That is a deal that you try to jump on, regardless of who we already have.
I knooowwwwww...I am saying that is my theory on how the club views it. The club is screwing up big time IMO...again.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I know that there were arguments of Kulusevski Vs. Tonali.

However.

With that deal in place that Inter has, we could have very easily have gotten both of them. Assuming that money was the only issue, which it could very well not be. He could just simply want to go to Inter.

But I think that this deal shows that the financial part of the equation had very little to do with it.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Losing Pjanic, who is arguably our best midfielder when in form, is still a massive loss, considering the alternatives. We can't go into the new season with a midfield comprised of Rabiot, Bentancur and Arthur, with Locatelli and Matuidi :yuck: :inter: as backups (Kulu as a makeshift mid if necessary - Cuads too). That midfield is a downgrade. It doesn't have to be MVPP, but that midfield is like 7 levels below that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)