Samuel Iling-Junior (5 Viewers)

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Took his goal brilliantly, it wasn't an easy finish.

Was a bit rash on a couple of other chances but a good display. We badly need him to find some consistency with Kostic off form.
Hopefully this goal will help him build some confidence and momentum, could turn out to be a reasonably decent option in rotation for the second part of the season.

- - - Updated - - -

Would still sell to EPL
… and then probably this. :lol:

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Wasn't this guy a winger originally? When he started getting minutes he was dribbling and took risks. Now he looks like Sandro. I don't get why the only ones that even try to dribble are basically McKennie, Chiesa and Yildiz. Rabiot and Kostic do the flick and cross but yesterday it was basically only McKennie trying to get past his man. Kostic has been underwhelming for a while now and since Cambiaso is interchanging positions with McKennie on the right side, the left flank is open for grabs but Jr is really not even trying to take it. It's hard going from 0 minutes for half a year to suddenly start games, I get that, but either his confidence is freezing cold or his head has been filled with Allegri's low-risk-low-reward approach.

If a good bid comes along, let him go.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I think shitting on him after the coppa game was harsh, he looked more rusty than incompetent. With more consistent playing time I think the performances will be more consistent as well. If he had the leash Kostic has been given we may not have to worry about that position anymore.

I also dont think its a coincidence Chiesa plays better with Iling. His ability to play more central (thanks to the experience he got there last season) gives Chiesa more space to operate. Same with Cambiaso. Kostic just clutters that wing and doesnt compliment Chiesa at all.

Jun 16, 2020
Wasn't this guy a winger originally? When he started getting minutes he was dribbling and took risks. Now he looks like Sandro. I don't get why the only ones that even try to dribble are basically McKennie, Chiesa and Yildiz. Rabiot and Kostic do the flick and cross but yesterday it was basically only McKennie trying to get past his man. Kostic has been underwhelming for a while now and since Cambiaso is interchanging positions with McKennie on the right side, the left flank is open for grabs but Jr is really not even trying to take it. It's hard going from 0 minutes for half a year to suddenly start games, I get that, but either his confidence is freezing cold or his head has been filled with Allegri's low-risk-low-reward approach.

If a good bid comes along, let him go.
He was a winger indeed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)