Sami Khedira (25 Viewers)

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
still, the moment he was substituted, we lost the midfield battle.

sami gives us balance, simple as that. his positioning is second to none, and football is all about spaces and how you use them. khedira is an experienced, smart, tactically aware guy. neither allegri nor sarri are idiots to consider him as a starter. the invisible man who you start missing the moment he's not on the pitch anymore.

fucking whoscored ratings though :baus: sensi was inda's best player before getting injured, ronaldo had an average game to his standards, and bonucci was a level above de ligt.
Hell no he had a great game only unlucky not to score

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Sami gets a lot of undue hate, because as has been mentioned a lot of his contribution comes off the ball with his intelligence and reading of the game. But on the other hand that also means he sometimes gets a free pass when he has a bad game because there's this idea that he's always bringing some kind of intangible benefit, which simply isn't true.

I think he played poorly against Inter and didn't do much in terms of shutting down passing lanes, making space for his teammates and helping control the tempo of the game.
There is certainly a lot of both hate and praise for this guy- not only in this forum, but also on social media. Personally, I have never liked his style since the Real Madrid days. I prefer the ball playing midfielders- participating in the build up more than the guys that just bomb forward.

Yesterdays game was a mixed bag. He had almost nice assist for Dybala. But a lot of inter’s attacks in the first half came from his area and I noticed he was still upfield or just easily passed by simple 1-2’s.

Not sure what the solution is since none of the bench players are playing up to their potential.
Yeah, it wasn't one of Khedira's better games.

It's funny reading some of the epithets now when not too long ago they weren't positive and Sarri was being blamed for starting him.

It's very simple why he's starting now: Rabiot isn't ready and Khedira already knows the team and is tactically savvy. He's a decent backup level player and fine as short-term starter option. We would've seen Ramsey in his place had DC not gotten injured.

Seems like the high marks for his inter performance are due to losing midfield balance following switch to 3 strikers...which had nothing to do with Khedira.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Sami Khedira against Bologna last night:

61 Minutes
18 Passes
28 Touches

LOL this guy is like dead horse and he still earns millions. There is no god
He was quite good in some games this season and is starting ahead of Can quite deservedly, but I agree on him having a bad day against Bologna.

Imo he's a player that badly needs to have a fire under his ass, as soon as he gets comfortable he puts in displays like yesterday.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Honestly, as much as I still do not understand his value, I’m happy as long as his presence somehow guarantees we do not concede.
So far, every time he leaves the field, we concede.

At least this season, he has been playing at Man Utd’s 90s Nicky Butt standard.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
He hasn’t been good or bad these last two games. He’s been invisible. This is the end of the road for Sami IMO, he has lot whatever value he has to this team now and it’s only a matter of time before he finds a permanent place on the bench. Sarri hooking him relatively early in the past two games is huge IMO. Just need Ramsey/Bentancur etc to stay fit.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Honestly, as much as I still do not understand his value, I’m happy as long as his presence somehow guarantees we do not concede.
So far, every time he leaves the field, we concede.

At least this season, he has been playing at Man Utd’s 90s Nicky Butt standard.
:lol:

At what standard would you say he performed in his record 9Goals + 6Assists 17/18 season for example?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)