Sami Khedira (105 Viewers)

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
I feel bad for him, I do. But at same time I couldnt stand him starting week in a week out. Maybe with some consistency Bentancur will get even better. He’s been starting a lot of games.
A midfield consisting.
Pjanic, Bentancur, Matuidi and Ramsey isnt bad at all. Hope Rabiot will bench Matuidi soon.

May 23, 2013
You know what? I used to shit talk this guy because I felt Allegri was unreasonably giving him mins over Marchisio. And when he got a multi year extension over Marchisio, I felt that was over the line.

But now, looking back I just respect the hustle. This man has been shit the last 3 years and is still finessing this club out of every penny he can get. Literally getting paid 6 million to be shit, sit on the bench and get injured. And after he's done here he'll get a 7 figure contract in China or the MLS.

Respect to you Sami, absolute legend.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
You know what? I used to shit talk this guy because I felt Allegri was unreasonably giving him mins over Marchisio. And when he got a multi year extension over Marchisio, I felt that was over the line.

But now, looking back I just respect the hustle. This man has been shit the last 3 years and is still finessing this club out of every penny he can get. Literally getting paid 6 million to be shit, sit on the bench and get injured. And after he's done here he'll get a 7 figure contract in China or the MLS.

Respect to you Sami, absolute legend.
his agent certainly deserves a premium for that contract. marotta also got what he deserved.

thing is that it's not khedira's fault that already two coaches prefer him to absolute calcio legends like bentancur and emre can. also it's paratici's and marotta's fault that we have a midfield like this. as for marchisio, his physical condition was probably way worse than we would have liked to believe; his short spell at zenit and the consequent retirement shows that it was time for him to stop - not khedira's fault either. so yeah, fuck the club for this situation, we should absolutely have better starters than 32-year-old khedira. but blame the situation on sami? no way.

May 23, 2013
his agent certainly deserves a premium for that contract. marotta also got what he deserved.

thing is that it's not khedira's fault that already two coaches prefer him to absolute calcio legends like bentancur and emre can. also it's paratici's and marotta's fault that we have a midfield like this. as for marchisio, his physical condition was probably way worse than we would have liked to believe; his short spell at zenit and the consequent retirement shows that it was time for him to stop - not khedira's fault either. so yeah, fuck the club for this situation, we should absolutely have better starters than 32-year-old khedira. but blame the situation on sami? no way.
Yeah I agree with just about everything you've written down here. My only problem with the question of Marchisio's fitness in his last season here is the fact that when Allegri would actually give Marchisio a chance to start, Allegri would often play him in the physically demanding role of a B2B midfielder flanking Pjanic. When played in that position Marchisio would look like a shell of his former self and it was no surprise really. Marchisio was injury prone, 30+ years old at the time and had discovered his true position as a regista by that point. It didn't make much sense at all to play a player in his condition in such a role. And even worse is the few times that Marchisio was actually allowed to play in his best role as a regista, he knocked it out the park and put in great performances.

But regardless of all that Khedira was literally at fault for none of this. Nor was he at fault for his contract being extended, just as you've said. Actually Sami was brilliant in his first two seasons (when fit) and is without a shadow of a doubt one of the most intelligent players in football. His decline has been obvious the past few years, but he is not selecting himself to play and the management is at fault for not adequately replacing him.

Nov 3, 2019
I feel bad for him, I do. But at same time I couldnt stand him starting week in a week out. Maybe with some consistency Bentancur will get even better. He’s been starting a lot of games.
A midfield consisting.
Pjanic, Bentancur, Matuidi and Ramsey isnt bad at all. Hope Rabiot will bench Matuidi soon.
still too weak. Would rather see Matuidi than Bentacur.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
At least we won't see Khedira anymore and it can't get worse that current 'washed-up-with-bleach" Khedira.
Khedira may e done and dusted and no longer needed but he is far from our biggest problem. It's like a cancer patient that has a flu and gets rid of the flu. That's how it is losing Khedira at the moment.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Some people think that now that Khedira is out for long we will start doing wonders.
Witness the magic of Bentancur and Emre Can. Finally Sarriball won't be held back anymore. It'll be like night and day.

- - - Updated - - -

...But regardless of all that Khedira was literally at fault for none of this. Nor was he at fault for his contract being extended, just as you've said. Actually Sami was brilliant in his first two seasons (when fit) and is without a shadow of a doubt one of the most intelligent players in football. His decline has been obvious the past few years, but he is not selecting himself to play and the management is at fault for not adequately replacing him.
:tup:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
only possible good news is between his injury and costa and ramsey being unreliable, it might force us to buy a midfielder/winger and reintroduce mario to squad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 101)