Salute Alex the great !! (1 Viewer)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
This thread is dedicated to Alex after finally scoring a hatrick that made us all happy. This also goes to Ale's fans and his 'harsh' critics alike ;)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It all happened in the Delle Alpi 'Wonderland', like a fairy tale with the pitch covered in all white. The fans were so little but those who made it didn't regret it. Fighting the cold, they witnessed another 'Bianconeri' milestone, and that is a Del Piero hatrick.

The last time Alex scored a hatrick was in that memorable 1997/98 season. And he did it twice that time. Victims: Empoli (5-2) in Serie A and Monaco (4-1) in the Champions League.

During that particular season Alex received much international recognition and praise from everyone related to the calcio. He was, by far, Alex Ferguson's 'favourite' player. It was his dream to have Alex don the Man Utd shirt, and God knows Ferguson tried hard to lure him to England. But little did he know that he became the undisputed 'King of Turin' and there was no way he was going to turn his back on his loving team and fans, or even for the club to even think of letting him leave.

However, Alex's fans woke-up on terrible news after the heartbreaking Udinese match and that was a career threatening injury that would change him as a player. However, Alex vowed to fight back and return the player he was. He received alot of criticism from fans and pundits along the way but finally, now in 2004, he seems to be reaching that goal and scored the 150th goal for Juve this season.

And after a couple of great seasons that saw Juve win two back-to-back Scudettos, Del Piero is certainly continuing with what he left-off with before injury, and that is leading Juve to further success.

Alex has set the Champions League on his eyes this time. Europe, beware !!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Alex's post-match comments:

“Have I become more serene? Well, actually I was serene even before the match. It is normal to be sorry when you finish a match without having given what you planned for. The important thing is to immediately forget about mistakes and focus on the next match and the final objective, and I did just that"

"I think that this is a good moment for me and also for the team. Now I’m satisfied and also Trezeguet is happy with his goal."

"The defeat of Inter? I’m surprised, but that shows that nothing can be taken for granted“.

Marcello Lippi's post-match comments:

"This is an important victory and a real signal of intent from players who are unfairly criticised if they fail to hit the back of the net for one or two games."

Buy on AliExpress.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
My word, I hope he's back to his old self now. That this was the first of many great performances to come.

Before you Del Piero fans hang me on the first poll you can find for participating in this thread: know that I only criticised him in the past because I knew he could do so, so much better.

I give you my word that if the man scores one more hattrick this season (be it in Europe or Italy), I'll purchase a #10 Del Piero jersey!

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I had this feeling that DP was going to score more than 1 goal. Am sure there is more to come if he continues to be so sharp. I know many will say that there were two penalties but then again after watching two games I can see the Alex of old is emerging again.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
I don't remember anyone opening threads for when Trezeguet scored hat-tricks :D

DP yesterday played a good game and I think he should be congratulated for the game he played not for the goals (2 penalties and an assist by Siena defender).

If you're saluting DP for his performance, i'm with you, but if you're celebrating dp for the three goals he scored then I'm off the boat ;)

OP
dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    If you're saluting DP for his performance, i'm with you, but if you're celebrating dp for the three goals he scored then I'm off the boat ;)
    You can say I made this thread as a result of frustration due to the slack that Ale was constantly receving.

I don't mind calcio fans (in general) talking sh!t about him, but it hurts the most when Juve fans attack and betray him. I won't name names, everyone knows exactly what they said.

But as a forum member I wouldn't disrespect the opinions of my friends in here, especially that they are Juve fans. I can only disagree with them but I got tired of that and was sure that Ale would defend himself alone and do the talking on the pitch.

A typical response from a Juve fan: A hatrick? Well it was 2 penalties and a goal. I'd prefer 3 open goals. You never get satisfied no matter what Alex does. If he scored 10 why didn't he score the 11th?

Alex earned one of the penalties and succefully scored, what if he missed that penlaty and Siena's goal in the end wasn't wrongfully cancelled. The final result would be 3-3. With Two lost points we would be 5 points (not 3) adrift of Roma. Did Alex save our season, certainly NOT!!

OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #13
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    Btw, that dribble he did on the defender that lead to the 2nd penalty, good stuff! :cool:
    Certainly.

It was amazing that out of 20 outfield players only Ale, Neddy, Zambro and Taddie were able to dribble and have good ball control despite the treacherous and thick groud :)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

I don't mind calcio fans (in general) talking sh!t about him, but it hurts the most when Juve fans attack and betray him. I won't name names, everyone knows exactly what they said.

I dont know about anyone else, but I know what I said and I still stand by it.

++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

A typical response from a Juve fan: A hatrick? Well it was 2 penalties and a goal. I'd prefer 3 open goals. You never get satisfied no matter what Alex does. If he scored 10 why didn't he score the 11th?

I wasnt dissatisfied, in fact I was very satisfied with him. I just said I would have liked it more if he had scored 3 "clean" goals because they would be a better sign of his class, which he undoubtably has. He just doesnt show it consistently enough.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Its great to see Alex score 3. Although it seems a lil faded when you see that 2 0f those came thru penalties. But whats impressive is despite having 2 to his name, Alex went out to get one more on his own steam, and he did. At the end of the day, a hattrick is a hattrick, no matter how the goals come.
    Lets hope Alex can continue in this vein of form....atleast till the Euro Final........ :)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by -CSD- ] ++
    Hattrick?!??! it was two penalties and a goal!!! :rolleyes:

:p

im happy for him, lets just pray he keeps it up
    My thoughts too... Lets now see him get 3 real goals......

Jan 19, 2004
    one of the keepbacks of juve is that we give dp and trez to many opportunities an not the others . we only give the others a chance when dp an trez cant find anything . even when dp came back from injury he waz a starter that is bs . i dont consider dp a true forward and trez most of the times is non existant

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    dpforever a performance is more important than the number of goals scored especially if they were penalties. As I said before, I salute him for finally having a very good performance, however let's not be carried away by saluting him for scoring penalties ;) That was just the cherry.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    As it was silly to say that DP was to screw out of the team and was the reason why Juve lost some games is silly to overrate so mutch a game (IMO irregolar 4 the weather conditions) like yesterday one.
    3 goals can be an "hattrick" but not when 2 came from penalties and one from a Siena defender assit.
    He played a good game, but did nothing special, he made his "homeworck", what a player who play in Juve is suppose to do, nothing more...

As 4 Juve in general... of course a good game, but in that condition is not a game to take so seriously... It was not a soccer game! It was impossible to play and btw both the penalties came cause the defenders lost control cause of the ice IMO.

Anycase we deserved the 3 points cause the ice was there not only 4 Siena but also 4 us :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)