Salut the Chairman!! (1 Viewer)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Presidents should always have their separate threads and VIP lounge room;), therefore I'm opening this thread for Juventuz.com Chairman Martin Matusiak, the creator of the special Juventuz.com to wish him a Happy Birthdayyyyy:beer: :beer:...

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 13, 2007
Very seldom do we ever agree about anything but I have always considered you in the highest regard. I really mean that.

Happy birthday, have a great one!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
So sweet of you, Rab :touched: Thank you very much, guys :dule:

And in return, a story:

I have a proud and slightly inflated sense of direction. It's just good enough to pride myself on and faulty enough to make me doubt myself and think I used to be sharper. Turns out it doesn't work so well when I'm listening to an audiobook. I have never done this much in the past cause I never had headphones that would stay in my ears. But since I bought vlatko's hilariously overpriced recommended headphones online for $125 or so (lol), I do have a pair and I've been using them lately while biking. It's nice, don't have to listen to my own thoughts as much.

So after my first few trips on my new bike I wanted to hit Zeist (town near Utrecht), it's a bit further down the line than I had gone so far. But my bike seat being a pain in the ass (a pun would be better) I sort of can't use it all the time. Then I came down with a weird case of stomach bug and sweating for a couple of days, and today I woke up almost fully recovered. But it was a hot day so I waited until dark, set off around midnight. I started out quite aggressively and quickly realized I had less energy in me than last time. The illness perhaps. Pace was a bit dodgy, so I decided I'd just do Bunnik (another town). But I got there and as sometimes happens "hey I got this far, let's not worry too much about the return trip (lol)".

So I rode on, sign said only 3km to Zeist anyway. I've only been to Zeist once so I don't know the layout. I just figured it would be obvious, one road into the center as in Bunnik. Not so. Anyway, found the center easily and rested for a while. Trouble is now I don't know which way to go. I had reached the center through some nondirect route so I opted for a street that looked more official this time. Never go back a different way than you came, first lesson of orientation. A rule I'd never broken before. So I soon realized I couldn't find my way back. But the sign said Utrechtseweg (road to Utrecht, literally), good enough right?

I stopped at a bus stop and looked at the map. Those maps suck, they never draw any arrows signaling direction. But I figured out I was taking a road via De Bilt (another town), not Bunnik. It'd be longer but hey not a big deal. So I set off and after a few kilometers the road widened into several lanes and the damn bike pad (almost all roads in this country have them) veered off into a side road to the right. Needless to say I did notknow this terrain whatsoever. I didn't trust the side road, so I got myself on the road proper. Barely any traffic so with three lanes and me in the bus lane it's hardly a problem. Not a single car on my side of the road for the duration. Came to an intersection and now I had no f clue which way. But I spotted the Utrecht University neon light onthe tall main building form afar. So I turned left, still no bike pad, but still no traffic. Felt rather conspicuous but I made it to the university hospital and there I was at the campus (few kilometers from home). Cop car had passed me before, on signal, but didn't stop me. In this country I feel like a black guy in risk of getting pulled over any time, my bike doesn't have lights (and the cops love writing out them tickets). Then again half the bikes I saw on my journey at night didn't have em either.

I must have been out about 2 hours which is double what I did before. Exhausted but satisfied.

Jackometer: 21km (still sucks but I'll get better)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Fuck you, Martin.

I mean that in the most sincerest way possible, since you've known me here longer than anyone else has

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Thank you, Serge. It's good to have you back.

I don't really need to post this, but it goes without saying that the respect I have for you and your words of wisdom and advice are much further reaching than the boundaries of this forum.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I don't really need to post this, but it goes without saying that the respect I have for you and your words of wisdom and advice are much further reaching than the boundaries of this forum.
I hope you haven't wrecked that car yet. I wanna try it out sometime. (I'm a very cautious driver, you wouldn't be proud of me.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)